Are we all jumping to conclusions?.....What if the Goblin.........isn't Harry?

Except....

A) Sam Raimi confirmed that Harry will be his own goblin and be using his father's goblin equipment to seek revvenge at Comic-Con.

B) Spider-Man 2 ended with a big set-up of Harry going evil and becoming a Goblin which has to be fullfilled before a Hobgoblin shows up (and I doubt he ever will on screen).

and

C) HE IS A GOBLIN IN THE FREAKING TRAILER AND COMIC-CON LEAKED FOOTAGE. JUST PAUSE THE SCENE WHERE A GOBLINISH CREATURE GUY TRIES TO PUNCH AN OUT OF COSTUME PETER PARKER AND GUESS WHOSE FACE IT IS?

i meant to the extent that raimi said he isn't the GG but harry with his father's weapons

and I don't know how well recieved you would be if you went to a paintballing place and called everyone a goblin

DACrowe said:
HE IS A GOBLIN IN THE FREAKING TRAILER AND COMIC-CON LEAKED FOOTAGE. JUST PAUSE THE SCENE WHERE A GOBLINISH CREATURE GUY TRIES TO PUNCH AN OUT OF COSTUME PETER PARKER AND GUESS WHOSE FACE IT IS?

i cant believe it took 5 pages for somebody to say that

DACrowe said:
A) Sam Raimi confirmed that Harry will be his own goblin and be using his father's goblin equipment to seek revvenge at Comic-Con.

This sentence is actually quite funny if you read it. :D

More speculating...AAAAAAAAaaRRRrrrggghhh...! :mad:

Damn, I'll be glad when this film finally comes out, so we can stop this crap. :o

NewYorkSpider said:
This is exactly what i think.:up: Telling us that Norman is coming back is Mass Hysteria. But they have said that Shocker is the 4th villian.

No they haven't.

Again I must bring this quote to the table...

Raimi wouldn't confirm that Venom originates from space, but did say that, contrary to the comic storylines, Harry Osborn (using his fortune to exact revenge on Spidey) becomes a new kind of goblin baddie, that is neither the Green Goblin nor Hobgoblin!"

Source: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=346536

This quote proves that Harry Osborn does become a goblin, in spite of what you think. Also, as you mentioned how the goblin looks different making it impossible to be Harry, this quote also foils that idea with the fact that he will be neither the Green Goblin nor the Hobgoblin. The only idea written here that does sound plausible is two goblins, but I highly doubt it with the villain rampage already going on.

Now we know why the guy in Office Space sold so many "Jump To Conclusions" mats, You fockers bought em all up.

WAHAHAHAHA

Now after seeing the teaser trailer I'm convinced that Harry will play some Goblin role, but I'm not convinced that there is not another Goblin in the midst, either the Hobgoblin or the original GG Norman, waiting in the wings.

Personaly I think that they will have a second Goblin as this mysterious fourth villian, and I think in the movie they will be made to look like they are the same person until it is revealed that they are two seperate persons. C'mon, doesn't this sound like a cool plot twist Raimi would pull out of his hat?

^ its been confirmed the 4th villain is spider-man or dark spider-man so to speak

Raimi wouldn't confirm that Venom originates from space, but did say that, contrary to the comic storylines, Harry Osborn (using his fortune to exact revenge on Spidey) becomes a new kind of goblin baddie, that is neither the Green Goblin nor Hobgoblin!"

I would still like to point out Raimi still never said anything about him not being GG2. So if he is being a sneaky bastard and just using the weird starter suit to stir up controversy, The "New kind of GOBLIN baddie" Could still mean GG2. In this film franchise the GG2 would be a "new" baddie. Unless anyone can produce a direct quote from one of the stars saying that he will not be Green Goblin 2, then this assumption he will not be is moot.

If you watch the trailer that has been released, and then slow it down in slow motion, it is kinda blurry but you can still tell that he is the one in the costume.

BxB402 said:
I would still like to point out Raimi still never said anything about him not being GG2. So if he is being a sneaky bastard and just using the weird starter suit to stir up controversy, The "New kind of GOBLIN baddie" Could still mean GG2. In this film franchise the GG2 would be a "new" baddie. Unless anyone can produce a direct quote from one of the stars saying that he will not be Green Goblin 2, then this assumption he will not be is moot.

Ughh when will you people learn to take things literally, the way they are meant to be taken. If I was Sam Raimi right now and I said, "After eating corn I need to go to the bathroom." You would inspect every word and make assumptions saying, "Well he might have meant popcorn, or maybe he meant go to the bathroom like the shower or something." It's obviously a non-comic related villain!

Idiotic Idiot06 said:
Ughh when will you people learn to take things literally, the way they are meant to be taken. If I was Sam Raimi right now and I said, "After eating corn I need to go to the bathroom." You would inspect every word and make assumptions saying, "Well he might have meant popcorn, or maybe he meant go to the bathroom like the shower or something." It's obviously a non-comic related villain!

We both have equal chances of being right. Being so far from final release and the way many of the other stars and Sam are being somewhat sneakyish with what they will reveal, it is still possible he is being sneaky about letting the GG2 thing slip. OR yes maybe he is just saying it unspecifically that it will be a strange suited harry not a goblin. Doesnt hurt to speculate using all the facets of the information that has been compiled. Whatever Harry will be it is a fact sam has neither confirmed nor denied GG2 specifically. So the chances are equal. We will just have to wait and see.

gvcool2 said:
and yet it's not true

wait how is it not true, people have taken screen caps from the trailer and it most definatly is james franco on the glider when he goes and like punches towards the camera... unless you mean that in that shot its not harry osborn but james franco is playing 2 seperate characters lol

That is a great avvy, cmill.

R.I.P. Steve.

i never once said that that's not harry/franco, I just said it's not a goblinish looking creature, it's harry with weaponary

I would be against the Harry mutating thing as somebody mentioned before. No Ultimate Goblin. He looks more like savage dragon or something. Nice theory with the hobgolbin though by the thread starter. It's possible that that is the fourth villain.

AUNT CARNAGE IS TEH FOURTH VILLAIN!!11!

LOLZZZZ

(Just joking.)

Venomfan said:
wait how is it not true, people have taken screen caps from the trailer and it most definatly is james franco on the glider when he goes and like punches towards the camera... unless you mean that in that shot its not harry osborn but james franco is playing 2 seperate characters lol

OMFG!!!!111 It's HARRYS LONG LOST IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER!!!!!

HARRY OSBORN = NINJA GOBLIN
LARRY OSBORN = HOBGOBLIN
NORMAN OSBORN'S REANIMATED ZOMBIE CORPSE = GG2

OMFG!!!111

:gg:

gvcool2 said:
i never once said that that's not harry/franco, I just said it's not a goblinish looking creature, it's harry with weaponary

Yet we are replying to the thread, which, according to the title, seems to think differently.

well it would be stupid if this thread was all one sided views

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"