• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Trek Talk Are you a Star Trek fan? The official Star Trek thread where no fan has gone before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think Data is the dangerous one when it comes to anal intercourse. He's fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques.

Picard is not gay. He's euro-trash!
:)

this says otherwise
picardwaveiz8.gif

No offence to any fans, but I think Startrek is possibly the most boring show on tv.

Also - Patrick Stewart used to go to school down the road from me, and I still think it sucks!

No offence to any fans, but I think Startrek is possibly the most boring show on tv.

None taking, Yes at times The Next Generation had it's slow episodes but with episodes with "Q" and The Borg they were far from boring. Also Deep Space Nine had one of the best story ever with the "The Dominion War" the last few seasons were excellent.

sisko3.gif

Sisko: "Who are you calling boring newbie!" :D :cwink:

Is anyone else pissed that they are doing a prequel instead of going on and doing a film on DS9 or Voyager? I mean DS9 is left wide open and Voyager easily has several stories left to tell.

Ds9 has to be single boringest ST vehicle ever.
it was like a soap opera in space with more makeup, seriously, when you can't write good **** for a cast that has a ****ing shapeshifter, you're up the creek without a paddle, in fact, most of the ST things after next gen were pretty sad.
I mean, Voyager was tolerable...but I never watched more than 5 episodes maybe, and I had the bad luck of them being the ones where they do some alternat timeline bull**** where everyone but Janeway is dead.
I am actually really excited about the prequel, I think it might be kick ass with the people at the helm.

Is anyone else pissed that they are doing a prequel instead of going on and doing a film on DS9 or Voyager? I mean DS9 is left wide open and Voyager easily has several stories left to tell.
I am glad they are not doing a DS9 movie. DS9 sucks. Voyager I would like to see though.

I like DS9 for the Klingon action, just a preference and Worf is my fav. character. Voyager had some really nice episodes and had plenty more story to go, not so much DS9 but it still has a couple (stories) left in it. Just i mean a prequel to TOS is no fun because i like seeing new tech and instead we are going to see all the old stuff and its just like, "Ugh its old with a new coat of paint". That may just be me. DS9 and Voyager have the oppurtunity to go far into the future and show The Ferderation at the top of its game.

I definitely agree that they should move forward instead of doing the prequel. You would think they would understand that from the ratings trouble Enterprise was having.

(*ignoring the comments about ST being boring and digs to DS9*)

It was interesting, tho, my family and I had a whole discussion about ST at dinner last night. My dad knows just about everything TOS, but he also knows a lot of TNG, since my brother and I grew up on and know a lot about that. I'm the house expert on DS9, so with all of the knowledge we have between us it made for a really interesting conversation.

What made me really happy was how we talked about the episodes that had a really great message or really made you think. For example, my dad told me about a TOS episode called "Black and White" where the Enterprise found a planet with two kinds of people on it. They both had faces that were black on one half and white on the other, but some of the people had black on the left, and some had black on the right, and just because of that, they hated each other. He said it was interesting, because it was so obvious that the discrimination was so stupid, and it was this "Eureka" moment, where you realize any kind of discrimination is pointless and stupid, because it doesn't really matter.

I think that's one of my favorite things about ST, is the basic messages they can tell through these complex sci-fi stories.

I'm annoyed that they're doing that... I would LOVE to see a voyager movie

Ds9 has to be single boringest ST vehicle ever.
it was like a soap opera in space with more makeup, seriously, when you can't write good **** for a cast that has a ****ing shapeshifter, you're up the creek without a paddle, in fact, most of the ST things after next gen were pretty sad.
I mean, Voyager was tolerable...but I never watched more than 5 episodes maybe, and I had the bad luck of them being the ones where they do some alternat timeline bull**** where everyone but Janeway is dead.
I am actually really excited about the prequel, I think it might be kick ass with the people at the helm.
one of the biggest reasons I don't like DS9 is because it's mostly on a space station... barely any space exploration, they're just stuck on the same place through the entire show... and the Defiant is such an unattractive looking ship. That's why I like VOY and TNG so much... every episode, you're at a new place, you have new things to learn, new things to adapt to... I'm proud to call myself a Trekker.

also the uniforms of TNG and VOY are SOOO much attractive than DS9.

I am glad they are not doing a DS9 movie. DS9 sucks. Voyager I would like to see though.
like I said before, I would love to see a VOY movie.

Honestly, I think they don't know -where- to go now.

Voyager didn't have the greatest finale, but for all intents and purposes they pretty much ****ed the Borg in the rectum with that virus. I think, now, they don't really know where to take the storyline or how to progess it, thus lots of prequels.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing is something other than the "exploration" bit. Maybe a series focused on a war? I dunno.

An idea that I've harbored for years is a Trek show in which the Federation has been destroyed/defeated/dismantled for some reason, and maybe the show focuses on the one (or few) Federation ships left leading a resistance against whoever's responsible. Nowadays, though, that would seem too much like a BSG rip...

Honestly, I think they don't know -where- to go now.

Voyager didn't have the greatest finale, but for all intents and purposes they pretty much ****ed the Borg in the rectum with that virus. I think, now, they don't really know where to take the storyline or how to progess it, thus lots of prequels.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing is something other than the "exploration" bit. Maybe a series focused on a war? I dunno.

An idea that I've harbored for years is a Trek show in which the Federation has been destroyed/defeated/dismantled for some reason, and maybe the show focuses on the one (or few) Federation ships left leading a resistance against whoever's responsible. Nowadays, though, that would seem too much like a BSG rip...
there's actually a cartoon series in the talks that has a storyline similar to what you just said... with the Federation being in shambles and a ship trying to bring the Federation back to it's glory days

surprised there's not that much love for the original series, I mean c'mon, it radiates classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"