• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Trek Talk Are you a Star Trek fan? The official Star Trek thread where no fan has gone before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
With cheesy acting, sets that look like they were made out of cardboard, etc etc.:cwink:

The acting was purposely 'hammed up' altho does achieve some poigniant moments, look at the films for example! It's all about charm, and your wink tells me you agree :)

I can look past the cardboard sets and all of it's cheesiness just because it's a classic.

Enterprise, The show was basicly a new version of TOS. Enterprise could have been really good I really wish the new movie is based off of it..

I'm annoyed that they're doing that... I would LOVE to see a voyager movie

one of the biggest reasons I don't like DS9 is because it's mostly on a space station... barely any space exploration, they're just stuck on the same place through the entire show... and the Defiant is such an unattractive looking ship. That's why I like VOY and TNG so much... every episode, you're at a new place, you have new things to learn, new things to adapt to... I'm proud to call myself a Trekker.

That was the bad part of TNG for me as it had no plot, every episode was just different, they had no long story. Apart from the few episodes with the Borg and few of the Romulans, TNG had no Excitement. DS9 had whole Dominion War which kept me on the edge of my seat as I could not wait to watch the next episode to see what had happend. This is the only reason why DS9 is my fav by a little margin. :yay:

also the uniforms of TNG and VOY are SOOO much attractive than DS9

The Uniforms did not only change for DS9 but also for TNG, if you watch the TNG movies they are wearing the same uniform as DS9. TNG ended in 1994 during that time they were wearing the Red and Black, but if they had stayed on a bit longer they would of worn the same uniform as DS9. VOY did not wear the new uniform as they had no contact with starfleet for a long time. I actually liked the new Uniforms..

like I said before, I would love to see a VOY movie

I like Voyager a lot but I really disliked how they handled The Borg, they totally messed up the Borg in my opinion, they made then look weak. During TNG the Borg were mysterious and interesting, but the writters for VOY really took it to the edge with the Borg as they appeard far to often.

I am also a Trekkie and damm proud of it :D

Enterprise, The show was basicly a new version of TOS. Enterprise could have been really good I really wish the new movie is based off of it..

The last Season of Enterprise was great, I was very upset when they had cancelled it. :csad:

that's one of the things that I don't like about the last 3 Star Trek movies... the uniforms. I can stand the VOY uniforms because at least they have some color to them.

The last Season of Enterprise was great, I was very upset when they had cancelled it. :csad:
they've started airing Enterprise on Mondays from 7pm-11pm EST on the Sci-Fi channel, but it has a very different feel from TOS... it's just different, and I'm not too fond of it.

I will give it a try though.

^ I guess they thought they needed to give Star Trek a new look, as the Uniforms have always changed over the years, from TOS to the TOS movies to TNG.

^ I guess they thought they needed to give Star Trek a new look, as the Uniforms have always changed over the years, from TOS to the TOS movies to TNG.
I know... but I just have my preferences, that's all.

Understandble, I am personaly not fond of the TOS uniforms. :)

neither was I...

if you notice in Generations, when they get to the TNG era, they actually modified the uniforms in the black section. in the tv series, there was a red design in the top black part... it's not there in the movie uniforms.

They need to restart the entire Star Trek series. Start with Enterprise and work the way up from there! They could keep the continuity of the old series just make it an alternate universe or something..

Have Enterprise start out and then use a new crew and make it like Ultimate Trek.. you know?

neither was I...

if you notice in Generations, when they get to the TNG era, they actually modified the uniforms in the black section. in the tv series, there was a red design in the top black part... it's not there in the movie uniforms.

It's the same one as DS9's, but the it's red rather than blue.

star%20trek%20generations.jpg

They need to restart the entire Star Trek series. Start with Enterprise and work the way up from there! They could keep the continuity of the old series just make it an alternate universe or something..

Have Enterprise start out and then use a new crew and make it like Ultimate Trek.. you know?

I agree on that they need a Reboot, with a different outcome a different universe to the current Star Trek universe. That would be great.

^ They had changed that red line on Season 3. I did not like that one much really, prefferd the after one.

oh wow, you're right... now that I see that, I prefer the little line myself.

I did a typ O, I forgot to type the not. :) "I did not like that one much really, prefferd the after one"

if you could make your own uniform, what do you think it would look like?

I don't know, I never thought about it. I like the one Picard is wearing, in the Generations photo with Kirk the most , as I have no idea what I would want mine to look like.

I don't know, I never thought about it. I like the one Picard is wearing, in the Generations photo with Kirk the most , as I have no idea what I would want mine to look like.
i gotta admit, I love the Admiral's uniform and the dress uniform:
4gznc4h.jpg

if I could do anything different, I would put a gold line going up on the side of one of the Admiral's leg pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"