Are you happy with Marvel Comics, right now?

It was, but it was also meant as a reference to what the obnoxiousness of BW's wishy-washiness is comparable to.

I can never take BW seriously,he's such a DC/Whedon zombie.Yuck!

I can never take BW seriously,he's such a DC/Whedon zombie.Yuck!

It's funny, because most of us can't take you seriously because you're such a Millar/Marvel zombie. Ewww!

Me? I'm a Vaughan/Good comics zombie. Poo!

I only Messiah CompleX and Iron Fist are good. Everything else is bad,OMD and BND reek of evil.

Brand New Day is actually quite good. I'm still pissed as hell over One More Day and I still don't think that it's quite worth it yet, but the writing and art are top notch.

The Death of Captain America has been done fantastically. The mythology-type books: the Incredible Hercules and Thor are great. Daredevil is great. The Initiative was cool.

Brand New Day is actually quite good. I'm still pissed as hell over One More Day and I still don't think that it's quite worth it yet, but the writing and art are top notch.

The Death of Captain America has been done fantastically. The mythology-type books: the Incredible Hercules and Thor are great. Daredevil is great. The Initiative was cool.

You fool, he's right. Messiah Complex and Iron Fist are the only good things at Marvel.

I don't know about Vaughn, but Vaughan's Ultimate X-Men rocked Millar's Ultimate X-Men, hard.

I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I think it is worth mentioning, least in my eyes, that the last time I REALLY looked forward to Ultimate X-Men, it was during Vaughan's run. Now, Millar's launch of the title got it started and he wrote a bad-ass Cyclops and all that, but BKV left the book a far better one than the one he inherited from Millar & Bendis because he not only embellished on characters who those two had barely fleshed (especially Rogue), but he peeled back some of the layers of cynical, bitter grimness that caked the book and allowed the kids to actually have fun sometimes.

It was such a shame that Kirkman afterwards couldn't nearly begin to match BKV's run, especially since he's been on the book longer. I've since given up on Ult. XM, but I'd be back in a heartbeat if BKV returned.

Granted, I'd rather him return to RUNAWAYS or DOCTOR STRANGE, but beggers can't be choosers. ;)

With Most of Marvel, yes, but some critical comics are getting damage done to them.

Captain America - Once the best comic series in the last 20 years, and arguable EVER! Now, a pale immitation, with illogical scenerios and forced characters and situations. Great art, though.

Amazing Spider-Man - grrrr... Wiping away 20 years in the most embarrassingly poorly written disaster of a comic...:huh: It's magic!!! WEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

New Avengers Spider-Man is illogically inserted, now more than ever with BND. Wolverine wouldn't have ever joined this group.

Those 3 series are too important to turn into logic disasters. Thunderbolts is illogical, too, but who cares, it's Thunderbolts, not one of the icons. I also don't like how Marvel has disgraced Tony Stark.

I'm fine with this new Hulk and Thor stuff. Thor's been my favorite hero forever, so it pleases me greatly that his series is so well done, but the guest artist thing should never have happened. Too many short arcs by creative teams going on, too.

Other than that, I am loving everything else.

Captain America - Once the best comic series in the last 20 years, and arguable EVER! Now, a pale immitation, with illogical scenerios and forced characters and situations. Great art, though.

Wait...what? :wow:

I like what i'm reading. What i'm not, I don't care about. So, :up: I guess.

Captain America might be my favorite run of everything ever.

On the Avengers front they need to stop this superhero cat fight **** and get Avengers back to what they do best; fighting guys like Kang (not a teenage version) and Ultron (not a version with boobs.)

Captain America might be my favorite run of everything ever.

On the Avengers front they need to stop this superhero cat fight **** and get Avengers back to what they do best; fighting guys like Kang (not a teenage version) and Ultron (not a version with boobs.)

Or you could read the solo titles of the big 3 Avengers,wallow in their greatness and believe that Bendis' current stranglehold on the Avengers isn't happening.:yay:

How can I be a DC/Whedon Zombie? Whedon works at Marvel and Dark Horse and IDW. Everywhere except DC.

You're like dividing by zero or something.

Or you could read the solo titles of the big 3 Avengers,wallow in their greatness and believe that Bendis' current stranglehold on the Avengers isn't happening.:yay:

I have trouble supporting Tony after what a dick he was in civil war. I may start reading his book again but... :cmad:

I want you to get specific. Tell me what has been illogical and forced. Show me.

Probably not, but anyone can tell that Darthphere's a failure in the real world by his ridiculously high post count on here. :o

Technically no one knows anything about us. Except for Spoons. He's my friend on Myspace, so he could know something about he if he was so inclined.

Wait, you don't post on Newsarama but have a myspace? 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"