Argylle

I see that the Cavill Cult on YouTube is already declaring that critics hate the movie because of a conspiracy against Henry. God, these people need to get ****ing lives.

From what I’ve heard, Cavill is only in the movie for like 5 minutes. LOL.

Yeah that wasn't good.

The concept and cast was very promising and I'm probably the only one outside Vaughn who loved The King's Man, but this one was kind of exhausting. It was overly long, filled with cliches, the action was bad, the CGI was pretty awful, even though I didn't mind it on the trailer, and the tone was all over the place.

I wouldn't say it's as horrendous as people are making it out to be. It had its fun moments, some fresh ideas and some of the characters were likable and fun. I wouldn't mind it as much if it was 20-30 minutes shorter, but it certainly is not a good movie, probably his worst.
This prompted me to check the runtime. 2 hours and 19 minutes of this after being bombarded with the same trailer for months?

file.php

Yeah, why did he make it that long? I can tell just by the trailer that the movie would have benefited from an under-two-hour runtime.

This prompted me to check the runtime. 2 hours and 19 minutes of this after being bombarded with the same trailer for months?
Yeah, why did he make it that long? I can tell just by the trailer that the movie would have benefited from an under-two-hour runtime.
It's kind of a standard runtime for action films these days, but that one really didn't need it. Not just because of quality, but the story was kind of stretched too.

It's kind of a standard runtime for action films these days, but that one really didn't need it. Not just because of quality, but the story was kind of stretched too.
It's long in the tooth for an action comedy but I guess it's also a Vaughn thing. Kingsman 2 was a similar runtime and that dragged.

Can someone tell me who Agent Argyle is?

I don't care to see this film...

It better be the ****ing cat.

Can someone tell me who Agent Argyle is?

I don't care to see this film...

It better be the ****ing cat.
Cavill is the book character, the real one is Ellie Conway, Bryce Dallas Howard's character. She had her memory erased.

One thing that I would certainly give Vaughn is that he only revealed about half an hour of the movie's plot in the trailers, which is very refreshing to see. Kind of like the anti-Sony.

I remember him being really pissed off when Fox showed that Colin Firth's character was still alive in Kingsman 2 marketing.

The movie was terrible. A hodge-podge of better films, badly written, awkwardly paced, and it looks terrible. It looks garish in a synthetic, off-putting way. The CGI on the cat looks works than the live-action Garfield films.

The plot twists made no sense. The final scene and mid-credits epilogue left me furious.

So apparently there's a real Agent Argylle? What the hell was that credit scene? A tie-in for Kingsman? A tie-in for the book? What the **** was that supposed to be? Why throw that in at the end of the movie? It made no sense! What's the significance of it happening 20 years earlier? Who is this Aubrey Argylle? Is he the real Argylle? Was he the younger version of southern accented Henry Cavill at the book tour event? What the frell is going on?!

Matthew Vaughn has lost his touch. There's no reason this movie needed to be over two hours. Also, Bryan Cranston is wasted as a generic, two-dimensional villain who is bland and uninteresting. He's like the type of character the original Kingsman would make fun of.

If someone told me an AI program wrote the script for this film, I would believe it.

So apparently there's a real Agent Argylle? What the hell was that credit scene? A tie-in for Kingsman? A tie-in for the book? What the **** was that supposed to be? Why throw that in at the end of the movie? It made no sense! What's the significance of it happening 20 years earlier? Who is this Aubrey Argylle? Is he the real Argylle? Was he the younger version of southern accented Henry Cavill at the book tour event? What the frell is going on?!
Yeah, that was a weird ending. I don't think there was any actual plan for where they wanted this film to go, but rather throwing stuff on the wall and see what would stick. It seems that Argylle existed after all and it wasn't based on Ellie's life. I don't know how they would resolve that. Maybe more false memories or another silly explanation.

As for the Kingsman reference I read somewhere that Vaugn has been trying to expand the universe even further by making multiple other films belong in that universe (he even contemplated at having Kick-Ass be in the same universe :doh:) and build a big crossover. It's a ridiculous notion, especially now that audience has been getting kind of sick of shared universes and he really needs to move away from Kingsman ASAP. He's a talented director but desperately needs to to do something fresh.

Yeah, that was a weird ending. I don't think there was any actual plan for where they wanted this film to go, but rather throwing stuff on the wall and see what would stick. It seems that Argylle existed after all and it wasn't based on Ellie's life. I don't know how they would resolve that. Maybe more false memories or another silly explanation.

As for the Kingsman reference I read somewhere that Vaugn has been trying to expand the universe even further by making multiple other films belong in that universe (he even contemplated at having Kick-Ass be in the same universe :doh:) and build a big crossover. It's a ridiculous notion, especially now that audience has been getting kind of sick of shared universes and he really needs to move away from Kingsman ASAP. He's a talented director but desperately needs to to do something fresh.

I mean his Kingsman prequel sucked and that film tried to set up multiple sequels. Kingsman 2 wasn't good, but it would've made a little more sense if he made a sequel to that. Not sure why he's trying to do this whole weird history.

I will wait when ìt comes on streaming. And I'd only watch this because of the director. The trailers aren't good. The posters I keep seeing have such terrible graphic design.

I do hope Matthew Vaughn can bounce back from this. If (a big if) another Kingsman film is still on the cards, then it would be great if it would be his return to form.

I mean his Kingsman prequel sucked and that film tried to set up multiple sequels. Kingsman 2 wasn't good, but it would've made a little more sense if he made a sequel to that. Not sure why he's trying to do this whole weird history.
I personally liked the prequel more than the other Kingsman films, but I still think he needs to move on and do other stuff. He pretty much makes the same film over and over again for the last decade.

I personally liked the prequel more than the other Kingsman films, but I still think he needs to move on and do other stuff. He pretty much makes the same film over and over again for the last decade.

Argylle's just him repeating better films beat for beat, and not in a good, inventive, or creative way.

But like the end of The King's Man sets up a sequel about like the fictionalized rise of Hitler and Nazi Germany. So I guess we're to assume the Kingsman organization goes after Hitler during WWII next?

Argylle's just him repeating better films beat for beat, and not in a good, inventive, or creative way.

But like the end of The King's Man sets up a sequel about like the fictionalized rise of Hitler and Nazi Germany. So I guess we're to assume the Kingsman organization goes after Hitler during WWII next?
Don't give him any ideas.

The movie was terrible. A hodge-podge of better films, badly written, awkwardly paced, and it looks terrible. It looks garish in a synthetic, off-putting way. The CGI on the cat looks works than the live-action Garfield films.

The plot twists made no sense. The final scene and mid-credits epilogue left me furious.

Matthew Vaughn has lost his touch. There's no reason this movie needed to be over two hours. Also, Bryan Cranston is wasted as a generic, two-dimensional villain who is bland and uninteresting. He's like the type of character the original Kingsman would make fun of.

If someone told me an AI program wrote the script for this film, I would believe it.

LOL I listened to the Double Toasted review today and they basically said the same stuff. Now I want to see it just out of morbid curiosity so I can see which (better) spy films Vaughn is ripping off.

Damn i was looking forward to watching this today but you guys are swaying me away from it. Its that bad huh?

I took this as
there is a real Argylle that she must have met at some point (another gap in her memory, I guess) that she used as the visual bases for the character {an obviously saw in her visions} but, the events of the stories she wrote were still her actions

I took this as
there is a real Argylle that she must have met at some point (another gap in her memory, I guess) that she used as the visual bases for the character {an obviously saw in her visions} but, the events of the stories she wrote were still her actions
That makes sense too.

LOL I listened to the Double Toasted review today and they basically said the same stuff. Now I want to see it just out of morbid curiosity so I can see which (better) spy films Vaughn is ripping off.

I mean the whole premise itself is kind of a ripoff of Romancing the Stone. But it rips off things like Knight and Day, Citadel, Total Recall, Mission Impossible,
I took this as

But her name is actually RACHEL KYLLE. Meaning that Argylle is simply a mashup of her real name. That's where Argylle was supposed to come from. But now there's actually a real AGENT ARGYLLE legitimately named AUBREY ARGYLLE! That's f'n ridiculous. It's bad writing and storytelling. If this was a full-on parody, I could maybe go with that, but that's not what this was.

I mean the whole premise itself is kind of a ripoff of Romancing the Stone. But it rips off things like Knight and Day, Citadel, Total Recall, Mission Impossible,

But her name is actually RACHEL KYLLE. Meaning that Argylle is simply a mashup of her real name. That's where Argylle was supposed to come from. But now there's actually a real AGENT ARGYLLE legitimately named AUBREY ARGYLLE! That's f'n ridiculous. It's bad writing and storytelling. If this was a full-on parody, I could maybe go with that, but that's not what this was.
maybe Argylle is more of a code name {like 700} an different spys have taken on the name, and she is just the most recent to use it, he could have been her predecessor

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"