Arkham Asylum: The Thread for Debating the Insane Topic of Batman Realism

I can tell when you guys are reaching when suddenly if you're friends with superheroes or fight supervillains that "makes you a superhero". Huh? What kind of logic is that? If Superman swoops down tomorrow and has a friendly lunch with me, does that make me a superhero too? Good lord.

If your fighting side by side with Superman and after some supervillain attacks your lunch than yes your a ****in superhero lmao.

Batman's core audience stopped being "just kids" when the first gen who read him grew up. But, that doesn't change the inherent nature of the character. Adults enjoying inherently "kid's ideas" isn't childish. You have those who take anything as being "for kids" as terrible. Not worthy of their time. But for the mature, that isn't how it is. It's why they can enjoy Batman stories. They realize they are watching this fantasy tale about modern day Zorro meets Sherlock Holmes, who wears a cape and fights super villains, and dig it.

We have character posters for The Batman. That classic 4 quad stuff. It's no different then Star Wars or the MCU.
I still don't think Batman is aimed at kids anymore, just some parts of him, but you do you.

A 10 year old almost got shot in the ****in head in Dark Knight.

I think 15 onwards is more TDK trilogy demographics.

But let's be real most kids have watched the triolgy due to it not being rated r.

It was a culture phenomenon.
I mean, that almost happens every season on Stranger Things. :funny:

I mean, that almost happens every season on Stranger Things. :funny:

New debate everyone is Stranger things aimed at kids adult or all ages ?

Have I started the fire ?

:btf:

I still don't think Batman is aimed at kids anymore, just some parts of him, but you do you.
Any mass media release involving Batman is almost always "family friendly". We can argue over what that means, but I think most would agree, that means kids can engage. I feel like you take that as "solely" aimed at kids, but then kid's content is literally just stuff like Paw Patrol.

Any mass media release involving Batman is almost always "family friendly". We can argue over what that means, but I think most would agree, that means kids can engage. I feel like you take that as "solely" aimed at kids, but then kid's content is literally just stuff like Paw Patrol.
Well then Batman is not a kid's character, he's a character for all ages, which is the point I've been telling you since the freaking beginning. He's as much for adults as he is for kids. He is an adult character, he is a kids character, you can make media geared towards both of those and neither of those feel off.

Well then Batman is not a kid's character, he's a character for all ages, which is the point I've been telling you since the freaking beginning.
A character for all ages, is a kid's character. Because they have to be suitable for kids. Which I've been trying to explain to you. But then you start getting into anecdotal evidence about how you thought Batman was so adult growing up.

TheSuperheroHype Forums and its consequences

A character for all ages, is a kid's character. Because they have to be suitable for kids. Which I've been trying to explain to you. But then you start getting into anecdotal evidence about how you thought Batman was so adult growing up.
And a character aimed at all ages would also be an adult's character, because they'd have to be interesting for adults in a way that a character that's exclusively for kids like Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol aren't.
Character for all ages= character for kids and adults.
Its self-explanatory.
God what a pointless semantic discussion.
3a1tqs.jpg
depression-sad.gif

I think different adaptions of Batman are more subtial for kids while other are more subtial for adults.

Like is Batman 1989 Batman Returns Batman Begins The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Rises Joker 2019 Batman V Superman Dawn Of Justice really subtial for kids ?

I can't believe you are making me do this:
Definition of SUPERHERO

Super powers are not required to be a superhero, it is in the ****ing dictionary. Debate over.
It literally says in the dictionary that a person with super powers is a superhero. Then the exception is dumb AF because that would mean that James Bond, John McClain or just about any cop with a skill set should be considered a super hero. "Successful person"? Lmao what? So we giving out SUPERHERO labels to everyone now like Oprah. Alright. The only way that definition you sent me makes sense is if it means "a superpowered being who ALSO has exceptional skills". And that is not Batman.

Shauner would you mind telling us what you mean when you say Batman isn't a superhero ?

It literally says in the dictionary that a person with super powers is a superhero. Then the exception is dumb AF because that would mean that James Bond, John McClain or just about any cop with a skill set should be considered a super hero. "Successful person"? Lmao what? So we giving out SUPERHERO labels to everyone now like Oprah. Alright. The only way that definition you sent me makes sense is if it means "a superpowered being who ALSO has exceptional skills". And that is not Batman.

Batman has a superpower though.

It's his mind.

It's what makes him Batman.

I think Shauner is just laying bait, but the medium where he comes from makes him a superhero. He’s part of the first wave of superhero comics.

Guys, at this point I think the debate on whether Batman is a superhero or not has run its course. If people want to live in a fantasy world where they love the super adult, not at all a children's icon that sells toys, and is definitely not a superhero to make themselves feel more adult or something, let them. At this point the arguments are circular and going nowhere. Don't keep feeding the insanity

Guys, at this point I think the debate on whether Batman is a superhero or not has run its course. If people want to live in a fantasy world where they love the super adult, not at all a children's icon that sells toys, and is definitely not a superhero to make themselves feel more adult or something, let them. At this point the arguments are circular and going nowhere. Don't keep feeding the insanity

I don't think that's what Shauner is impling.

I think he's saying he's not a traditional superhero due not having any external powers.

He's as much of a children's icon that sells toys, as he is an adult's icon with stories that are of the interest of adults.He is both and that's what makes him timeless. I think that's a fair way to put it but I agree this argument has become redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"