Batman: Arkham Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only level ive managed to get 40x combo on that gaunlet style level that just sends waves and waves of enemies...but when it comes to getting medals on all the other combat levels its bloody impossible...is there a technique to it? Same with that perfect knight combo?

One of the biggest tips for me is to use as many different moves as possible. Even if there's only one guy left and your combo is rolling, pull him in with the batclaw, stun him, jump over top of him and THEN strike him down. If you use all of Bats' moves during the round, you'll get 5000 extra per round.

Another thing I found is that when it says you have an Auto Takedown handy, you can Throw someone instead and vice versa, which helps boost your score. If you see a crowd or guys going for weapons, batarang them and then go for the nearest standing thug; if none are in sight, go for a ground takedown for some big points, though you have to be quick about it.

Follow the same motto on the extreme levels, only don't restart if you get hit. The massive number of enemies really boosts your score as long as you continuously build up your combos and keep use all of Bats moves.

I know the game is fast paced, but try and look around while you're in the middle of a long counter move/throw/auto takedown, and set up your next attack or get ready for your next counter.

Also, try avoid getting hit throughout the entire level for the 5000 Dark Knight bonus. It's near impossible on the extreme levels, but really helps for the first couple combat stages.

Practice, practice, practice and avoid button mashing and start to think about the round more tactically (It took a few playthroughs before I got my strategy for each round of the level) and you'll start to rack up big points.

Just curious, is there a way to actually dodge the Joker's gun during the hallucination like the screen says or is that a trick?

Thanks for the tips El Citrus.

One of the things I like about the game, even though the some of the Riddler challenges were a ***** to get through not to mention going back and forth through all the buildings, the payoff is great. To me this is the perfect way to face off against the Riddler. It would be ridiculous to have a boss battle with the Riddler. The Riddler doesn't engage in fisticuffs with Batman, he plays with your head. This just goes how this was in some ways experimental for a Batman game. It was not your typical like beat 'em up action adventure game.

Just curious, is there a way to actually dodge the Joker's gun during the hallucination like the screen says or is that a trick?

Thanks for the tips El Citrus.

One of the things I like about the game, even though the some of the Riddler challenges were a ***** to get through not to mention going back and forth through all the buildings, the payoff is great. To me this is the perfect way to face off against the Riddler. It would be ridiculous to have a boss battle with the Riddler. The Riddler doesn't engage in fisticuffs with Batman, he plays with your head. This just goes how this was in some ways experimental for a Batman game. It was not your typical like beat 'em up action adventure game.

Im with you man, i would have rather of had the Riddler the way we got him in the game vs an actual confrontation with him.

The payoffs to the Riddler Challenge and the Chronicles of Arkham were totally worth the hours and hours to it took to find them all.

Though the Chronicles one became pretty obvious when he started talking about a green vixen.

Dini really nailed this ****. I hope he works on the next one too. Not to mention the next one will be tough to followup because this one still took a lot of people by surprise. To me, I want some Gotham City. Like Assassin's Creed EXCEPT better and in Gotham City.

One note from the tips that I added. I didn't notice until now that in order to get the 5000 Variation bonus, you have to use all of Batman's moves in one combo, not just one round, so that makes things a bit more difficult.

One thing I wish they'd done was to give a time bonus for winning the round quickly. As much as they emphasize on Batman being able to take down these thugs quickly, your score is much lower if you take them all out quickly, promoting that you keep your enemies conscious longer to rack up a higher score.

Early Bane & Harley Quinn designs:
Harley_incarnations_by_Chuckdee.jpg

Bane_roughs_by_Chuckdee.jpg

You can find more concept art from Carlos D'andan on his own Deviantart page, right here. :)

I like some of the Harley Designs, tho some of them are abit too sexed up and the last has a "nazi" feeling with the soldier hat, thats just MY stereotypical thinking that hehe. :D I like Bane's designs alot because here he seems abit more human when it comes to his size and muscles really.

So what do you guys think?

I think they shoulda gone with the first Harley design.

Wow. The Harley in the middle ftw. I still hope they release DLC with Harley as a playable character in the challange rooms.

I like the corset and boots from the final design for Harley, although it would have been interesting to see what she would have looked like with her hat on and possibly with that sharpened hammer. Either way, I loved the Harley we got in the game.

it's been over 3 months and still no DLC

i'm starting to lose hope

it'll be the 3rd game in less than a year that let me down in regards to DLC; first it was MK vs DC, then Ghostbusters, and now this one :csad:

I thought Harley's nurse outfit from the game was perfectly fine. I really liked the purple and red color scheme they used for her. Having said that, if they took the skirt from the costume on the right and put it on the middle costume it would probably be my favorite version of her.

I think a nice addition to future DLC, as well as the obviousl challenge rooms, we should get new skins for all of the characters so on replays it looks a bit different. How easy would that be to add.

Actually when you finnish the game they give you a different skin for Batman for the challenge rooms. Does it actually do anything other than make Batman look different? Does it make him faster, stronger or anything? Can you even use it to play the game through again?

Actually when you finnish the game they give you a different skin for Batman for the challenge rooms. Does it actually do anything other than make Batman look different? Does it make him faster, stronger or anything? Can you even use it to play the game through again?

No. That armored batsuit is only usable in challenge rooms and it's purely a cosmetic change.

Is it? I heard there was slight boost in damage taken with it on,

Nothing to confirm it, from what I've seen though. Too bad we couldn't use it during the main game.

You know, I think there's gotta be some DLC in the works. We got a (free) taste, atleast. That much is pretty cool. Usually, some greedy ****s would probably have charged us like $10 by bundling everything we got so far.

Last edited:
No. That armored batsuit is only usable in challenge rooms and it's purely a cosmetic change.

Is it? I heard there was slight boost in damage taken with it on,

Nothing to confirm it, from what I've seen though. Too bad we couldn't use it during the main game.

I was also under the impression that the armored suit boosted your damage capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"