Arkham Asylum: The Thread for Debating the Insane Topic of Batman Realism

A lot of stuff is subjective. Whether Batman is a superhero isn't one.

I'm here to have a discussion. You don't want to have it, fine. But you seem determined to keep talking about me specifically, not the argument.
But it IS subjective. IMO you're a super hero if you have super powers. Batman doesn't. Therefore he's just a hero. Like any action hero.

I wouldn't call it much of a discussion since all you're doing for two threads now is correcting posters. "Nah this isn't the way it is. You're wrong. It's THIS way. There's no debate". That's basically what you say.

[

What's your motive for this argument.

Do you feel that people are ****ting on other takes on Batman that are not aimed at adult's ?

Because if so that's not what anyone is saying so you can stop trying to claim that every single Batman adaption or comic is aimed at kids or all ages and zero aimed at adult's.
I am here to argue my point of view that Batman is a superhero, who is inherently a fantastical character.

The thing isn’t that Batman in of himself is a childish character, but that Batman is a piece of ip owned by a massive corporation who would like to maximize their profits from him, meaning he must appeal to both adults and children.

I don't see Battinson Batfleck or Keaton's Batman as superheroes.

There viglanties struggling to listing to there heroic sided while unstable.

Again it depends on the take of Batman.
Bro, all superheroes are vigilantes, except for the ones who work for the cops or government. Superman is a vigilante. The Flash, is a vigilante. Wonder Woman, a vigilante. You do realize that, right?

Your description of those Batman as vigilantes applies to another:

QXhrmZI.gif

The thing isn’t that Batman in of himself is a childish character, but that Batman is a piece of ip owned by a massive corporation who would like to maximize their profits from him, meaning he must appeal to both adults and children.

Sure I'll give you that.

But children Batman takes can be masterpieces as well in my opinion.

Lego Batman unironcaly is a fantastic Batman adaptation and movie.

Not necessarily but they usually don't focus on it. Spider-Man probably wasn't the best example for what I'm trying to say but Gotham is a ****hole in a way those other cities aren't.
I mean, the amount of crime they all handle is pretty similar. I know Gotham is inherently treated like the Detroit or Chicago of the universe, but they all handle crime after crime, after crime.

Bro, all superheroes are vigilantes, except for the ones who work for the cops or government. Superman is a vigilante. The Flash, is a vigilante. Wonder Woman, a vigilante. You do realize that, right?

Your description of those Batman as vigilantes applies to another:

QXhrmZI.gif

I think some Batman are more physotic than other's though. Or at least more broken and consumed by there pain and negative emotions.

But it IS subjective. IMO you're a super hero if you have super powers. Batman doesn't. Therefore he's just a hero. Like any action hero.

I wouldn't call it much of a discussion since all you're doing for two threads now is correcting posters. "Nah this isn't the way it is. You're wrong. It's THIS way. There's no debate". That's basically what you say.
It's not subjective. Batman is listed as a superhero in like every source. He shares a universe with superheroes.

You should read my actual post then, instead of insulting, which is against the rules.

Batman is definitely a superhero though. You’re being silly if you say he’s not.

Which Batman ?

Because many of them are I agree in fact I lean more towards heroic Batman personally.

By this definition, Iron Man wouldn't be a superhero. Tony Stark has no powers. He has technology. Superheroes don't have to have super powers. Never have. It is a very silly claim to say otherwise. People can love grim dark Batman or typewriter hopping Batman, that doesn't matter to me. That is a matter of taste. But Batman being a superhero isn't really up for debate

What about that makes someone not a superhero?

Because at the beginning of there journey there hurting themselves and there city at first not making real change yet.

There lost souls using Batman for selfesh gain at first.

They do become better.

Now that I'm think about it I guess they are supheros they just lost their way for a bit.

I've changed my mind they are superhero's.

Because at the beginning of there journey there hurting themselves and there city at first not making real change yet.

There lost souls using Batman for selfesh gain at first.

They do become better.

Now that I'm think about it I guess they are supheros they just lost their way for a bit.

I've changed my mind they are superhero's.
I can respect that. :highfive:

Okay, but you do realize that's your personal view, that is ignoring the character himself, right? You bring up pop culture, but pop culture knows Batman is a superhero character for all ages.

How do you define childish?
I have zero idea what you're even talking about. Whenever you try to make a point to show me why the character is so childish, you're just describing the character and I just don't see him as childish at all. He's a man that dresses up like a bat to fight crime after his parents got killed. I don't see that as inherently childish. Growing up at a time where most of the Batman fans you see are adults and most of his most promoted content is gruesome or tackles some very dark themes kinda gives you a waaaay different perspective on the character than the one you may have had with him growing up.

Also, I understand the idea of postmodern takes on superheroes. But they can only exist, because of what superheroes inherently. That's why we get Kick-Ass, the Black label, etc. But this is still an exploration of the ideas, with inherently kid characters.

I have zero idea what you're even talking about. Whenever you try to make a point to show me why the character is so childish, you're just describing the character and I just don't see him as childish at all. He's a man that dresses up like a bat to fight crime after his parents got killed. I don't see that as inherently childish. Growing up at a time where most of the Batman fans you see are adults and most of his most promoted content is gruesome or tackles some very dark themes kinda gives you a waaaay different perspective on the character than the one you may have had with him growing up.
Yes. Because we grew up with the character. What you are talking about is the response and work made by those who grew up with the superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"