Batman: Arkham Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping we would've gotten some more DLC for the game by now. Or at least they would've made that second DLC pack after Insane Night available on XBL

I was thinking it be cool if the next game was based off the new Batman comics....But ditch the whole Dick Greyson as Batman and Bruce stuck in time stuff.

I was thinking it be cool if the next game was based off the new Batman comics....But ditch the whole Dick Greyson as Batman and Bruce stuck in time stuff.

Eh i dont want them following any storyline too closely. I like what they did here, taking elements from different medias and crafting their own setting/story line. Hopefully they'll do that again.

Any thing that has to do with Bruce Timms will always have it's own original story going on it. it's just what he does.

Yeah, that's one reason the game was so awesome, it wasn't based off anything. They could've easily gone off TDK, but they did their own thing.

I wish they could get a Superman or Flash game as good as this one

Deff. Superman needs a game as good as Arkham Asylum.
He really does. Since they're not making a new movie any time soon, a game would be nice. Superman needs a developer like Rocksteady. Developers that are fans of Superman and understand the character. They also need a publisher that will let them make the game without having them rush it in order to meet a specific release date.

It would have been interesting to see Factor 5's Superman game (I created a thread about it a while ago, when a clip got leaked), but I don't think anyone picked it up. We got reports about the game in 2008 and it would have been revealed in 2009 and released in 2010. I think it could have been a good game (even though we never really saw anything). Hopefully another publisher will pick it up (although I doubt it since we haven't heard anything for so long), or another developer/publisher will make a new one.

Anyway...Sorry for going off topic.

Superman is tough to do in a game, espeically in the vain of B:AA. You either have to over-power the enemies or underpower Superman to make it challenging. Or you just ignore Superman's level of "health" all togerther and take the lame Superman Returns game approach where you effectively have to babysit the entire city of Metropolis for an entire game, which although it sounded promising got old really fast.

I just got my Platinum Trophy in Sewer Bat Extreme on Hard, and it was SO worth it! I got my 40x combo in the same level with a auto takedown on the last guy at 39x, then went on to get the gold medal in the level. So satisfying to get 100% complete, especially on the hard difficulty. Bring on the sequel.

I KNOWWW!!!! The feeling of that platinum medal is just beyond amazing...

--dk7

i loved this game but there's little to no replay value for me.

i'm hoping the next game is longer with some vehicle based machines.

i sold this game on ebay for about 35 bucks. not a bad return.

Blech, I'm not a fan of shoehorning vehicles where they're not needed...or we get the horrible vehicle sections from Batman Begins.

I need to start playing this again to finish my last two combat challenges....I just want to finish my achievements then I'll be done. I don't have much desire to play it again after that.

I liked the Batmobile sections in Batman Begins. It was exactly like Burnout. Except as Batman.

I think there's things take away from Arkham Asylum that a Superman game can take note of, and bring to the mix. Not exactly gameplay, but the melding of comic book lore and the videogame.

For example, something like the Riddler's riddles left all over was a nice touch. Having the Riddler be all *****y by hacking into Batman's frequence worked wonderfully...and felt very Batman-authentic. Riddler's smart enough to do it, and Batman's got that tech to begin with.

So, I dunno...maybe have something like that with Superman where Lex Luthor will be a dick to Superman via his super hearing. Like Lex Luthor did in Superman The Movie, by getting on a mic on the frenquency of volume that only Superman and dogs can hear.

Have Superman find some "glyphs" (like Assassin's Creed 2, have it be Kryptonian symbols or something that was kinda like Batman's 'Tec Mode with Eagle Vision) and have him find locations of the orbs (got that from Superman The Animated Series too) from Krypton that Braniac had kept on his mothership or something and now they're all over Metropolis...have them unlock memories of his dad, Jor-El or something.

I think there's more they can do to give a Superman game a videogame Superman experience. I'd rather comic book games do what Batman Arkham Asylum did and instead of have me unlock classic comic book covers to look at...give me a better in-game experience. Even if just audio stuff like the Riddler that hits the mark with me as a fanboy.

The next Batman game at least needs better bosses.

Bane and clones (I lost count) sucked.
Croc was pretty pointless. That level was a speed bump to slow you down from finishing.
Ivy was a horrible boss fight. Slow, tedious.
[blackout]Titan Joker[/blackout] Seriously, the worst final boss in a game ever.

Yeah, if they're not tanks...make them a different kind of gameplay than just a straight up fight.

An Apocalypse invasion, or Brianiac attack could make for some decent thugs that Superman will atleast break a sweat over.

Not saying it'd be easy to make a Superman game, but it can be done.

Completed it on hard. :up:

Man, did Poison Ivy piss me off this time around.

Ugh she pissed me off on Normal I'm dreading that battle on hard. I just knew when I started the game to that I'd hate that boss fight

Ugh she pissed me off on Normal I'm dreading that battle on hard. I just knew when I started the game to that I'd hate that boss fight
I was so close to throwing my PS3 controller at the screen.

Suprisingly, though, Killer Croc's level wasn't that hard this time. :huh:

I just got my Platinum Trophy in Sewer Bat Extreme on Hard, and it was SO worth it! I got my 40x combo in the same level with a auto takedown on the last guy at 39x, then went on to get the gold medal in the level. So satisfying to get 100% complete, especially on the hard difficulty. Bring on the sequel.

Only level ive managed to get 40x combo on that gaunlet style level that just sends waves and waves of enemies...but when it comes to getting medals on all the other combat levels its bloody impossible...is there a technique to it? Same with that perfect knight combo?

before playing the game, I heard alot of bad things about Poison Ivy but I found her boss battle incredibly easy. I think I had a tougher time, the first time I fought 2 titans at once

Yeah, if they're not tanks...make them a different kind of gameplay than just a straight up fight.

An Apocalypse invasion, or Brianiac attack could make for some decent thugs that Superman will atleast break a sweat over.

Not saying it'd be easy to make a Superman game, but it can be done.

Supes rogues in the comics give him a hard fight so it can work in games. Also I want a Lex Luthor is president of the U.S. storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"