Batman: Arkham Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Ghost

Sidekick
Reaction score
The September issue of GameInformer has an ecclusive Worldpremiere of a new Batman game called Batman: Arkham Asylum!

UPDATE #1:
Better Batman Cover, a Joker Cover and first Informations:
gi_cover_batman.jpg

gi_cover_joker.jpg

Game Informer subscribers are in for a real treat this month. We’re proud to bring you the world-exclusive first look at Batman: Arkham Asylum from Rocksteady Studios and Eidos. This completely original title explores Gotham City’s darkest location, the infamous Arkham Asylum. But as a routine prison transfer goes wrong, the Joker sets his demented plan into action and Batman comes face to face with an army of his worst enemies. In a dark and gritty setting reminiscent of Bioshock (with a story co-written by Paul Dini), Arkham Asylum is setting the stage for a true-to-character Batman game.
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200808/N08.0812.1226.23309.htm

UPDATE #2
Dark_Lord has posted the GameInformer Scans!
Check out Post #127 & #128

Alleged details on Pandemics TDK game... Not sure if this is it. Seems that it would be since they don't have the rights to the comic version of the characters.

http://kotaku.com/5035832/first-details-on-the-new-batman-game

As it stands, nobody has commented officially on the specifics of the next Batman game. Hell, nobody has officially acknowledged that the game even exists. That doesn't mean we can't hear about it unofficially, however. So, courtesy of someone who's already played the game, let's look over the first details on what you can expect from it, and how it's shaping up.

Firstly, our source confirms Pandemic as the developers behind the title, though we pretty much knew that already. Secondly, a good portion of the game is set in a GTA-style rendition of Gotham City, which plays a lot like Spiderman 2 as Batman zips around (he even gets a grappling hook for swingy-swingy when not using the Batmobile) attending to crimes. And thirdly? As was first raised last week, it's not in the best shape, perhaps explaining why the project has been kept in the *ahem* dark for so long.

Seems the combat just doesn't work. Partly due to the game's wonky free-roaming camera system, partly due to the mashy hand-to-hand combat, partly due to the limited range of moves Batman has at his disposal, which makes the whole thing awfully repetitive. Which is a bit of a shame, though realistically, with no official announcement, let alone release date, there's plenty of time to fix that kind of stuff. On a brighter note, another source tells us Pandemic have taken a few creative liberties with the game, and while it's based on The Dark Knight, the game's actually set after the events of the movie, which should at least be interesting from a story-telling perspective.

I has scans incoming. Give me a few minutes.

this is most likely going to be merged with the Batman game thread anyway

Holy **** AWESOME!
Seriously thanks. Finally.

This game is going to blow, there is no use denying it.

It would not have been hidden behind closed doors and vehemently denied for so long if it was any good. :down

I hope this doesn't end up like another "Batman: Dark Tomorrow". :csad:

I'm going to remain optimistic, but yeah this coming out of nowhere and then the information has me worried. :(

I'm going to remain optimistic, but yeah this coming out of nowhere and then the information has me worried. :(

Believe me when I say that I really want a free-roaming Batman game to be nothing but great.

The problem lies with how it has been handled. They have spent months denying it's existance, even missing the window that would have sold the most copies. Now it comes out of nowhere, with news of development problems.

Sound familiar?

How about a little game called Superman Returns. A game that also missed the movie window due to "development problems" and you know how that game turned out when it was finally released.

It has me doubting it's quality. :(

Uhh....I reserve judgement. There has NEVER been a good Batman game.

Ever!

Uhh....I reserve judgement. There has NEVER been a good Batman game.

Ever!

Not true, youngling.

"Batman" for the NES plus "Batman Returns" and "The Adventures of Batman and Robin"...both for the SNES were fantastic games.

It's just after those, there were no good Batman Games. Know your history in games boy. :cmad: ;)

Not true, youngling.

"Batman" for the NES plus "Batman Returns" and "The Adventures of Batman and Robin"...both for the SNES were fantastic games.

It's just after those, there were no good Batman Games. Know your history in games boy. :cmad: ;)

Before my time. Before my time...

I still plug them in from time to time on one of my classic systems. Heck Batman Returns was a beat 'em up that rivaled many of the more revered beat 'em up classics of yesteryear. Love it. :up:

I'll definitely check them out! If i ever get the chance to...natch. :p

On another note, is Batman's costume BROWN?

Still waiting for the scans guys. I will send another email and see what is taking so long.

A game taking place after The Dark Knight ? That before X2 Wolverine game flopped :o

Not true, youngling.

Batman Vengeance for the PS2 was awesome. If I recall correctly, it was the first game I ever beat on that console.

Was that the game where Batman fought giant rats? :dry:

Hahah. Bet he had to go into a cellar for his first mission "THERES GIANT RTAS WE NEED YOU TO TAKE CARE OF!" like every fantasy action/adventure/rpg type game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"