Arnold Is Back for Terminator 5 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's some amazing T-800 artwork, new tattoo here I come.

Still some of the best design work ever done IMO.

So, is Arnold going to be another Terminator in this movie or is he going to be human his time? I've heard reports of both.

Thor:The Dark World helmer Alan Taylor may Direct
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/game-of-thrones-thor-the-dark-world-terminator-1200599988/
Sources tell Variety that Taylor is in talks to direct the rebooted “Terminator” film for Skydance Productions, Paramount and Annapurna Pictures. All the studios and reps had no comment on the news.

Plot details have not been revealed other than this is the first film in a stand alone trilogy. It is still unknown at this time what part Arnold Schwarzenegger will have in the film, though he has said in past interviews he will be back for the film.

Skydance and Annapurna will co-finance along with the studio with David Ellison producing for Skydance and Megan Ellison producing for Annapurna. Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier penned the script.

Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake are on as exec producers. Par will handle distribution.

After acquiring distribution rights in June and setting a June 26, 2015 release date, Par, Skydance and Annapurna have been hard at work to find the person to guide this latest installment.

The studio had targeted Ang Lee early on, but a deal could never be reached. Other early targets included Rian Johnson and “Prisoners” director Denis Villeneuve. In the end, Taylor won the job in helping reboot the iconic sci-fi franchise.

While Taylor’s biggest credit to date is his work on the HBO series “Game of Thrones,” early word on how well the “Thor” shoot went most certainly helped in getting Taylor this gig. He is repped by UTA.

I guess I'll have to see Thor TDW before I make an educated opinion on this guy, so far the trailers have been far from impressive imo.

Alan Taylor would be great, his work for Game of Thrones says it all.

Replace the White Walkers with Terminators and you can get the picture.

Last edited:
I'd rather they just make anoer terminator movie that doesn't include John conner instead of just rebooting it, but Alan Taylor should do well.

Gave him the reins already, huh? I pray this means we get a full scale Terminator battle?

T.V shows aren't about directors and T.V directors don't always make good feature film directors. I'll wait to see how he handles the Thor sequel before I decide what to think of the choice.

He's a good director, his GOT episodes were some of the best. I think we should rename this thread, it's not Terminator 5. It's a reboot.

My opinion still stands about him. It's nothing personal, I think this way about every T.V show director.

Meh. Only a trailer can convince me to watch this.

He's more skilled than either of the last two Terminator directors.

T.V shows aren't about directors and T.V directors don't always make good feature film directors. I'll wait to see how he handles the Thor sequel before I decide what to think of the choice.

Ya and movie directors don't always make good feature film directors. That's with anything. But in the past 10 years TV is starting to change in terms of skill and quality. JJ Abrams is a good point on this. And I'm sure more will do this in the future. But as someone else said, he's already hands over fist better than the last two Terminator directors.

I haven't kept up with this in months and only know the film is officially happening and Arnold is back,..So what's new?

Any story and release info yet?

This is all just a "wait and see" type of deal, even if Thor:TDW is a great film that doesn't mean that him making a Terminator film will be just as good. Since Cameron left the franchise no one (including the Sarah Conner Chronicles) has captured the right tone a Terminator film needs, if they get that right and the right story we might have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"