Arnold Is Back for Terminator 5 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's not even confirmed if this is a reboot/prequel or sequel?

By all means be excited for the choice but you guys who are excited don't mind if I take a wait and see attitude do you?

It's not a sequel it seems. But I don't' know if it is a pure reboot. To little known right now. The article did say "A stand alone trilogy" So to me that means more so a reboot, or at least does not need the others to tell the story at all. So it's not T5.

Maybe it's like the 09 Star Trek, where it spins a new continuity/story out of the old continuity, while changing things as needed. Taylor could be an interesting choice. Thor TDW looks visually stunning if nothing else and GOT is fantastic. Lets wait and see.

Yeah the Star Trek way could be possible and may work,Maybe some people from Salvation's future goes back in time to during or shortly after T2 and during the course of the film changes the timeline from T2's to a new trilogy!?

Since this trilogy would be half a sequel and half reboot then Arnold being part of it would fit like Leonard Nimoy in the new ST films,Since Arnold is very different now than in T2 or even T3 he should not play a terminator though,He should play a retired scientist or especially army general that became the template for the T-800's when he was younger

I always liked the idea of seeing the T-1000 again, his origins or whatever. That would be pretty kool. Won't happen though.

Honestly not sure about Taylor for director, I have seen his GoT episodes and he directed a lot of the best episodes of the entire series so far, but I will wait to see Thor 2 before making a proper judgement, as making movies is a different beast than making a TV show.

Thor 2 does look great though.

It's not a sequel it seems. But I don't' know if it is a pure reboot. To little known right now. The article did say "A stand alone trilogy" So to me that means more so a reboot, or at least does not need the others to tell the story at all. So it's not T5.
Yeah. They called it that and a reboot in the press release when they announced the release date.

Paramount already said this was a reboot did they not?

This is not a sequel.

EDIT:

OK, Paramount called this a reboot in their press release. Also it's the first in what is being planned as a standalone trilogy.

I don't think it's a reboot that ignores the prior movies.

And I God they keep the beeping Terminator theme from the first two films. Terminator Salvation just kept the 'drums' and that was it. STupid.

I think it is since it's a new trilogy that is said to stand alone. I'd say it's a reboot from scratch.

I don't know about that! We shall see.

The reason why I have some faith in this is due to Annapurna. Thank you, Meg Ellison.

Same here. I was very interested to see that she single handedly bought the franchise. And to see her track record it seemed somewhat out of place. She must see something in it. (meaning something she could do to revive it).

I want a Peter Dinklage/Arnold Schwarzenegger team up thank you.

I want a Peter Dinklage/Arnold Schwarzenegger team up thank you.

Nah. They play the same character.

Arnold is a cop who gets involved in a horrible accident. The only way he can survive is by massive bone reduction surgery.... you know the rest.

As it's the only good non-Cameron entry in the franchise, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"