Arnold Is Back for Terminator 5 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so is Arnold really coming back for this?? I thought it was a reboot.......

No that was before they announced the trilogy/reboot aspect. I will bet it does not happen, just maybe a cameo. It sounds like from what he is doing is yes, it is a reboot, starting a new.

No that was before they announced the trilogy/reboot aspect. I will bet it does not happen, just maybe a cameo. It sounds like from what he is doing is yes, it is a reboot, starting a new.

yeah, it wouldn't really make sense for Arnold to play the Terminator again if it's a reboot.

I think this thread needs a title change......lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Arnold played..a human this time around.

I'm expecting him to be human too. Maybe he is the template for the machines when he was younger but I wouldn't expect he be one himself.

It's a weird thing because I know that Alan Taylor is citing 'Batman Begins' as his inspiration for this reboot, BUT I have a feeling they might go down the half-reboot route. I don't know. I just hope it's not being called just 'Terminator'.

I always liked the suggestion that Arnie play some legendary badass that Skynet bases the T-800 off of.

Yeah, it might go down that direction where there's nods to the events that happened in the first two movies. I also think they'll keep the Terminator theme that the third and fourth movie oddly avoided. (TS just had the drums)

With this series they can ignore or acknowledge what they want since anything you want to ignore can be written off as a seperate timeline or erased from existing with all the time-travel loopiness.

It's a weird thing because I know that Alan Taylor is citing 'Batman Begins' as his inspiration for this reboot, BUT I have a feeling they might go down the half-reboot route. I don't know. I just hope it's not being called just 'Terminator'.

That was official. It is just "Terminator" Which I'm fine with and to me shows it is not a "soft reboot" but a hard one. Which I think is what it needs.

Ya that's what it said on the press release.

It can go both ways.

Re-reading that press release, it's too vague and things can change with the title. It reads like the 'Batman/Superman' press release for Ben Affleck when it comes to the title.

Personally I'm very excited to see what they do with this and the theory you guys have about Arnold being human in it and being a badass they based the T-800 off of sounds like a fantastic way to get the series back to basics.

Maybe but I think if it is a reboot they may just go with that. Simple and sweet.

Personally I'm very excited to see what they do with this and the theory you guys have about Arnold being human in it and being a badass they based the T-800 off of sounds like a fantastic way to get the series back to basics.

No I really don't want Arnold in it. He is one of my old favorites, but sadly anymore he has become a parody onto himself, like William Shatner. It's just hard to take him seriously anymore. Because if they "base" the T-800 after it then you have to have it look like Arnold. So I doubt that will happen. If anything I hope just for a quick cameo. Let it breathe. It's like how many wanted Michael Gough or Keaton in Begins. I'd say let this one stand on it's own.

Terminator is actually a way better title than I was expecting. I would've thought Hollywood would use one of their numerous interchangeable subtitles:

Rise of the Machines
Rise of a Warrior
Dark of the Moon
Revenge of the Fallen
The Dark World
The Dark Kingdom
The Last Stand
The Last Crusade
The Sands of Time
The Dark Warrior
Revenge of the Warrior
The Sands of Crusades
The Last Fallen
Machines of the World
The Dark Machines
The Machine Machines
The Machine Machine Machines
Dark Revenge of the Fallen Machine World

One of those titles are bound to be used for the next Transformers movie.

Its a pretty cool idea but why would Skynet make one of their machines look like a human, which Skynet thinks are useless/a threat to it, let alone a human the resistance would know was dead. The T-800 is an infiltration unit after all.

Don't see why you couldn't follow up Salvation. Especially if it's a future war movie.

Don't see why you couldn't follow up Salvation. Especially if it's a future war movie.

Because it's not a sequel, it's a reboot. And they've said that a few times and Alan even further confirmed that with his taking of what he wants to do. So there would be no point to start out with a future war.

That and Salvation was so convoluted, I'd try to stay away from it. But ya that's why it's called "Terminator" and not Terminator 5, and why Alan is inspired by Batman begins to "renew" the franchise.

Batman Begins told the origins of Batman, perhaps the film will take place in the future war, before all the changes occurred.

It sounded more to me that he wanted to do it as a reboot. An origins story. While it could involve the future war initially I think the bulk of it will occur in the past (either our past or present).

Technically wasn't salvation part origins/prequel? I mean it definitely is in the sense we saw Kyle Reese in the future before he was sent back in time to protect Sarah Connor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"