Arnold Is Back for Terminator 5 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove to me that anyone else but 1980's-1990's era James Cameron gets Terminator? Naming fanboy favorite directors who aren't interested in this messy franchise proves nothing. God and did you have to mention Nolan? Certainly I will hope that the new movie is actually something interesting and has a better script than the last two films at least but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope they don't spend another 200mil on this new film because I don't see it doing too well. That release date is silly, it's going to get crushed unless it just looks stellar.

How do you prove that? What is your proof that no one else can? Mostow and McG? They couldn't make a good movie if you paid them... okay bad choice of words.

If you give a franchise to mediocre directors, you're going to get a mediocre product. That doesn't mean that only one man can handle the franchise. It means they need to get a director who doesn't produce movies like Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and Beverly Hills Bodysnatchers.

T3 and T4 were already bad when they finished the script. noone could make a good terminator movie out of those scripts. every good director would do massive rewrittes.

and yes i dont like the original T4 ending. its a good movie ending. but an insulting terminator ending.

This franchise needs a Darren Aronofsky or a Guillermo Del Toro. Even Rian Johnson or Duncan Jones would rock this.

And get rid of Arnold. Get Dwayne Johnson, or Vin Diesel, or Jason Statham. Get someone who will want to stick around for 3 or 4 movies, not a one time deal with Arnold. I don't even like the three guys I suggested, but that's honestly what the series needs.

And make it a whole new thing. Screw the past four films. I'm sorry, but those are the steps to success with this dead franchise.

Mentioning more fanboy directors means nothing to me. As I said, call me when non Cameron screenwriters and directors make a Terminator film as memorable as the first two. Until then I stand by my comment and all of the fanboy director name dropping means nothing because none of those directors have written and or directed a good, memorable Terminator movie.

No **** Sherlock, none of them HAVE directed one yet, so you can't tell if they'd be good one way or another, that's not how it works, sorry.

Mentioning more fanboy directors means nothing to me. As I said, call me when non Cameron screenwriters and directors make a Terminator film as memorable as the first two. Until then I stand by my comment and all of the fanboy director name dropping means nothing because none of those directors have written and or directed a good, memorable Terminator movie.

Stand by it, but it's still meaningless.

The idea that ONLY James Cameron can make a good Terminator film strikes me as rather silly. For example, if someone like Rupert Wyatt, or Duncan Jones, or even Christopher Nolan were to direct this, the chances are it would be at least good imo. It all depends on who directs, who writes the script, and who's cast in what parts, this isn't an automatic fail.

I love Christopher Nolan, he is one of my favourite directors, but he IS NOT right for a Terminator movie, his worlds are too grounded, and he doesnt have the action chops, I wouldnt be terribly excited if Nolan directed a Terminator movie as I just dont think he is right for it.

he didnt pitch the story to WB

WB just made a huge ****-up when they hired McG though, I knew from the start the movie would be average at best, and often got criticised for not having an open mind in the TS thread. He got so many simple things wrong.

In a terminator movie Sam Worthington and his character were the best thing in it, a character not known to the mythos and this same terminator movie had John Connor, Kyle Reese and a T-800 in it, and yet Worthington's character was still the best thing in it, thats how wrong McG got it.

Am I the only one who hopes this ISN'T a giant Skynet war movie? Why? Because Age of Ultron is coming out two months before. Hopefully with this reboot they go for a more quiet/toned down storyline like the first movie

Not me. I want to see the future war for more than two-three minutes.

Salvation was supposed to be that but nope, they went a different way.

A future war (a proper one that is) would at least be something different. If they do another "go back in time to do whatever" plot, it will seem like a rehash, they've done that 4 times already.

I want to see something like Saving Private Ryan/Black Hawk Down, with terminators!

Connor doesn't have to be the main character, you open the movie with a terminator assault on Connor's HQ, and just as the terminator is about to eliminate John, BOOM! Arnie takes him out.

That way you can include him in it without making him the main character, make him a reprogrammed terminator serving as John's bodyguard even in the future, then switch over to a new cast of characters who are given a mission of utmost importance.

I'm not really that big a fan of a future war movie.

It would be interesting if they actually started in the future, and then sent someone back. Pre-credits, cold opening kind of thing.

But time travel is the best part of the franchise.

we got already 3 movies. what more could they do with time traveling?

^I have to agree, time travel has been done to death in this series, its time for something new, just dont do what TS did and for gods sake dont get simple little things wrong from the previous movies like TS did.

Terminator Salvation didn't even look like a post-Judgement Day world, it looked like Mad Max. The resistance was supposed to have been using makeshift weapons and equipment that it scavenged and only move around at night. In TS, they have military tactics and organization, helicopters, fighter jets, submarines, etc. Plus, they move around in the daytime just fine. The continuity errors are too numerous to count.

Terminator Salvation didn't even look like a post-Judgement Day world, it looked like Mad Max. The resistance was supposed to have been using makeshift weapons and equipment that it scavenged and only move around at night. In TS, they have military tactics and organization, helicopters, fighter jets, submarines, etc. Plus, they move around in the daytime just fine. The continuity errors are too numerous to count.

Exactly, it was ridiculous, Kyle says in T1 "you stay down by day, but, at night you can move around, you still have to be careful though as the HK's use infrared" then Kyle in TS says the exact opposite to Marcus, when it messed up a simple thing like that I knew the movie was in trouble, and dont even get me started on how they depicted the T-600's.

I said it before but it says something that Marcus was the best part of the movie and yet he was never in the canon of the previous movies.

Young Kyle Reese was quite good as well, at least I thought so. You can tell that Anton Yelchin was channeling Michael Biehn, put adding some of himself to it as well.

I've been wondering, being as the films obviously mess around with time travel and stuff, would the writers be thinking of creating a multiverse?

Young Kyle Reese was quite good as well, at least I thought so. You can tell that Anton Yelchin was channeling Michael Biehn, put adding some of himself to it as well.

The acting from Yelchin as Reese was superb, he is generally a good actor anyway, but he was really good, the movie just made too many mess ups in the end though.

I've been wondering, being as the films obviously mess around with time travel and stuff, would the writers be thinking of creating a multiverse?

They could go really nuts with the time travel, and show both current day, where a Terminator and resistance fighter/reprogrammed Terminator have been sent back in time to eliminate/protect respectively, but at the same time, do a Future War story showing the results of everything that's happening in the past. So, the Terminator kills one of John's Lieutenants, and the future changes to one where that soldier is gone and whatever that entails (a different base, they're worse off, better, altered relationships etc). Maybe the soldier does something to affect Skynet in the future (blowing up a factory T2 style).

Might be too big. Might be too close to what they may be doing in DOFP.

I want to see something like Saving Private Ryan/Black Hawk Down, with terminators!

Connor doesn't have to be the main character, you open the movie with a terminator assault on Connor's HQ, and just as the terminator is about to eliminate John, BOOM! Arnie takes him out.

That way you can include him in it without making him the main character, make him a reprogrammed terminator serving as John's bodyguard even in the future, then switch over to a new cast of characters who are given a mission of utmost importance.

That'd be freaking crazy and a s**t ton of action!

so is Arnold really coming back for this?? I thought it was a reboot.......

The future machine domination is declining. Their robots are getting physically less and less perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"