Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 20 ""The Fallen"" Discussion Thread

Lol one fan asked when are they going to release the uncut sex scene.

My thoughts pretty much, the scene felt like I'd just walked in on something, but instead of leaving, just stood there and watched. Was taken aback by how long it went on. I get the feeling the episode was the writers venting a bit on the whole Olicity thing, I doubt it'll ever get THAT extreme ever again on the show.

Please, please, please let this be the case. Let's hope for no more Olicity sex period, even implied at.

That whole way-too-long scene felt like a literal demonstration of a "Penthouse Forum" letter to the Olicity fans.

So where do they go from here next season? Are they going to stay a couple? Is that likely to kill the tension and subsequently the shipper interest , as is usually the case in these situations?

I say we will get the usual "roller-coaster" relationship, meaning Oliver and Felicity will be full of drama and fights and break-ups, with a cute scene here and there to justify them staying together.

In other words: a nightmare.

The episode should have been focused on "family," Thea and Oliver. Instead, it was about "love," well, more shipper nonsense.

*Sigh* This show could be so much better. I do think Felicity is causing a lot of problems.

How come Felicity didn't say to Ollie "It's so good to have you inside me" again? :funny:

tumblr_inline_nndgeczyBo1rac8qx_1280.jpg

bravo narc

Oh brother. This couldn't be more obvious than that.

tumblr_inline_nndf0dp8Pu1rac8qx_1280.jpg

By the way, Guggenheim revealed the script for the love scene upon request:

tumblr_inline_nndf0jumrf1rac8qx_1280.jpg

Can't believe that we lost Roy for this crap.
I'm dissapointed he's gone too. He's become one of my favorite characters. Him, Malcolm, and Ra's have been my favorite parts of S3 so the fact that they really haven't gotten as much screentime as I think they should have is disheartening.

those script pages reads like some bad fan fiction

So they didn't even explain why Laurel stayed behind? Oliver was "lying" again.

But the use of "the kiss to end all kisses" "our two lovers-star crossed" is cracking me up!

Last edited:
Shouldn't Thea have been naked when being immersed into the pool? It would be more effective that way. :o

those script pages reads like some bad fan fiction

Following 3x20 I have to say that my heart is broken but yet totally satisfied. Thank you for that. However here is my question: do you ever feel like Olicity is fan service, because as a fan of the show I think it 100% helps progress Oliver

marcguggenheim:
We make our story choices based upon what we think is best for the show and what’s best for the characters. That’s the honest truth.

What a liar that man is.

Editing to add: Well I guess there is a possibility that Guggenheim is insane and believes what he says.

What a liar that man is.

There's nothing wrong with listening to fan feedback and maybe even adding stuff in that you think might work and make everyone happy. But the moment you let the fans start dictating the direction and character development in the show, you've destroyed it.

Following 3x20 I have to say that my heart is broken but yet totally satisfied. Thank you for that. However here is my question: do you ever feel like Olicity is fan service, because as a fan of the show I think it 100% helps progress Oliver

marcguggenheim:
We make our story choices based upon what we think is best for the show and what’s best for the characters. That’s the honest truth.

OK figured it out, This guy is believing his own press.:loco:

One of the best ways to let fans direct you is to listen to what they like and what they don't (i.e. things that have happened), not to listen to what the would like (things that they are speculating/asking for).

On top of that, I feel like any superhero story that has main characters - supposed heroes - choosing love over the safety of others just feels wrong. It's the kind of selfishness that works fine with morally ambiguous characters, but when the characters in question are meant to be heroic, choosing love (not even their love's life, just the opportunity to be together) over the safety of others, including close friends, they just come off as genuinely bad people. Added to that, within a relationship, ignoring what your partner wants and forcing what you think is best on them is on the same level of bad-person-ness.

In attempting to service Olicity, this episode's storyline showed Felicity to be both selfish and controlling, risking the lives of both Thea and Diggle (who cares if Malcolm dies?), not to mention every person Ra's would go through to get Oliver back, in order to get her own happy ending.

OK figured it out, This guy is believing his own press.:loco:

The sad part is, claiming this makes it seem like he's saying that he's not weak minded and pandering, he's just a terrible writer... I think I'd rather be thought of as lazy than talentless.

marcguggenheim:

To be fair, it clearly isn't fan service since the majority of fans seem to hate the pairing.

Someone should link this thread to Guggenheim's camp if only to help them wake up from the creative stupor they've been in.

cutting important scene liked make peace with your father

tumblr_nne3drDwaK1u2clbho1_540.jpg

tumblr_nne3drDwaK1u2clbho2_540.jpg

Decent set up episode for the last few to come, but yeah too much Felicity stuff with Oliver. At least Diggle's and Maseo were pretty good though, and Amell's acting was very good at the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"