As a man, when was the last time you cried?

And you laughed until you cried.

I've read that more times than I can count, but each time I read this:

"Thank you....for my...second chance. Thank you...Father."

Every time, I fight back tears.

Spoilers for Book VII

"Then the bumbler extended his neck and caressed the boy's cheek a last time with his tongue. "I, Ake," he said: Bye, Jake or I ache, it came to the same."

And then there's the scene where Susannah, angry, snaps at Roland "Are you happy..." and Roland's reply. In Fedic, after he got back from Maine.

:waa:

The last time I had to hold back some tears was when I read the synopis for Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

I'm rather strange, because I'm extremely affected emotionally by films and beautiful music. I cry all the time watching beautiful moments in film or listening to a superb piece of music. Tears of enjoyment really.
Yet, when my mother passed away a year ago.... Nothing. I still feel the loss deeply, but it's like I've shut down my ability to feel it any more than a certain level. So I've yet to cry about one of the most upsetting things in recent years to happen to me.

I'm rather strange, because I'm extremely affected emotionally by films and beautiful music. I cry all the time watching beautiful moments in film or listening to a superb piece of music. Tears of enjoyment really.
Yet, when my mother passed away a year ago.... Nothing. I still feel the loss deeply, but it's like I've shut down my ability to feel it any more than a certain level. So I've yet to cry about one of the most upsetting things in recent years to happen to me.

I think that's normal. Or maybe you and I are just weird. I got a little teary eyed during Star Trek: Into Darkness, but didn't shed a tear at my nephew's funeral. I was trying to be strong for his aunt though. They played a montage of his life with Angel by Sarah Mclachlan, (The song from the dog rescue commercials) how on earth I didn't cry watching that is still a mystery to me.

I think that's normal. Or maybe you and I are just weird. I got a little teary eyed during Star Trek: Into Darkness, but didn't shed a tear at my nephew's funeral. I was trying to be strong for his aunt though. They played a montage of his life with Angel by Sarah Mclachlan, (The song from the dog rescue commercials) how on earth I didn't cry watching that is still a mystery to me.
Well it's good to know there are others out there like me.

Ever since about... oh, maybe five years ago; I've just found myself very much invested in the characters of a film or tv show to the point where I start to feel whatever it is they're feeling, whether it's panic from a chase or heartache or whatever. This is primarily what contributes to me crying during movies and tv shows.
I mean seriously, I was an absolute mess during the last five minutes of The Dark Knight Rises. From the minute he makes the choice to hook up the bomb to The Bat and (of course this was my first time watching) and you're seriously considering whether or not he might die, all the way through the funeral, tears were streaming down my face non-stop. It was so beautiful and I just felt the impact of the characters thoughts and feelings so much I couldn't stop!

Well it's good to know there are others out there like me.

Ever since about... oh, maybe five years ago; I've just found myself very much invested in the characters of a film or tv show to the point where I start to feel whatever it is they're feeling, whether it's panic from a chase or heartache or whatever. This is primarily what contributes to me crying during movies and tv shows.
I mean seriously, I was an absolute mess during the last five minutes of The Dark Knight Rises. From the minute he makes the choice to hook up the bomb to The Bat and (of course this was my first time watching) and you're seriously considering whether or not he might die, all the way through the funeral, tears were streaming down my face non-stop. It was so beautiful and I just felt the impact of the characters thoughts and feelings so much I couldn't stop!

Well and they plan everything with that in mind. They're spending money to get the right shot, with the right lighting, with the right music, and the right writing, to play on your emotions.

I get teary eyed and/or shed some tears quite often; mostly when listening to music, reading something sad or watching TV/film.

But actually full on crying? I can't remember the last time.

I get teary eyed and/or shed some tears quite often; mostly when listening to music, reading something sad or watching TV/film.

But actually full on crying? I can't remember the last time.

Pretty much this for me. Full on crying - it's been quite some time. I'm more inclined to laugh about something than even get teary eyed these days - I've come a long way since my overly-sensitive teen era :BA

Cried today watching The Hurricane with Denzel Washington.

I shed tears and had a bit of a heart achey moment watching The Poker Room the other night.

When Jen Lawrence is in the bath (following a very harrowing scene) and she holds her arms out and calls for her Mom...

Maybe the red wine helped a bit but that was the last time I cried, I just wanted to hold her character and tell her I would look after her. I'm a soppy idiot, I know.

When I watched The Green Mile recently...

Yesterday when I had to take my little girl for her injections, was awful.

I haven't cried lately. It's been a long time.

I'll admit. I got emotional during Transformers 3 just recently, when Bumblebee almost dies.

But Michael Bay's sensational directing and Shia's great acting made that scene hit me in the feels. :csad: :o

Fine. I haven't cried lately though. I swear. It's been maybe like 2 or 3 years.

What kind of a man cries? No man. No man at all.

z9RzMGQ.gif

I didn't cry for about 10 years and then in the last two years I've cried a few times. First when my dog was killed by a car. Then when I was watching the news about the boston bombings. And most recently during the summer after I was informed a really good company that had interviewed me three times had decided to pass me up for what would have been a dream-job for me (and now I've had to settle for a much lesser job, which has been a step down from my last one instead of a step up).

But bottom-line, crying can be a healthy release in small doses. As long as you don't become a constant blubbery mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"