Assasins Creed

and thats exactly what his point is. Only time will tell if teh final version will be fluid and control well. Im hoping for it bc this is one of the fall titles on my list

I pretty much second Havoks opinion... who pretty much seconded my opinion, but whatever. It will probably be tweaked to perfection, but you CAN HAVE CLUNKY CONTROLS IN ANY TYPE OF GAME.

Thursday 6pm PST on IGN.com, there is going to be a special preview for this game. Like everything else about this game so far, im sure itll be sick.

Thursday 6pm PST on IGN.com, there is going to be a special preview for this game. Like everything else about this game so far, im sure itll be sick.

30mins left until the preview...

There really wasn't too much in that preview that we didn't know before.

There are also some new pics and some new videos...

I have to admit that demo was the ****. But if the AI is so great, why did they all just circle Altair and attack one-by-one? Hell, they were freaking knights, they should have enough skill to not hit each other!!! Hopefully they were just dumbed down so the demoer didn't look like a tool when he got killed in his own game.

Heres some highlights from the UK preview:

"The temptation to tear through the city streets, buffeting meandering pedestrians out the way so we could shimmy up the nearest chimney and launch off like a man with a death wish is tough to restrain. Unfortunately, this generally puts three dozen mightily peeved, ferociously persistent town guards on your tail and, as they say, that'll be the death of you."

"Thankfully though, your journey's made more expedient courtesy of some horseback action. Here's a note for anyone who still gets a hard-on thinking about Shadow of the Colossus's equine splendor: (whisper it ) Assassin's Creed might actually have bettered Team ICO's sterling work on Agro. But then, when you've got an entire team dedicated to modeling - as my notes would have it - "horse balls", that's hardly surprising."

"By grouping similar actions into one button press, every command you could ever need is easily accessible and makes for a practically unrivaled level of fluidity."
"As with your acrobatic skill set, practice makes it possible to string all manner of different attacks together, making for an incredibly satisfying, fluid combo flourish - it's an empowering system and the more familiar you get with proceedings, the more it pays off."

"In short, Assassin's Creed offers a brilliantly open-ended set of both physical and offensive tools, and they compliment the free-form nature of gameplay immensely. As Ubisoft has touted from the beginning, you can literally climb, clamber and explore every nook and cranny of the expansive game world and it's all been designed to offer the widest range of choice possible."

"In fact, immersion is undoubtedly one of the game's main goals and, thankfully, the astonishing visual work is more than up to the task. As impressive as screens and videos have been so far, it's a whole new level when you see Assassin's Creed running for real. Ubisoft has created a stunning world, packed with impressive incidental detail, from rippling cloth to imposing architecture. It's spectacular to the point of intimidating and positively drips with atmosphere and life"

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/826/826605p1.html

Yea, so, ill say it again. This is my number one most anticipated game of the year, if not all time. I'm stoked as holy hell.

From all the new gameplay footage on IGN, this is now my most anticipated game.

After reading the article about it in the new GI, I must say I'm anticipating this game even more. I just hope that in the final game they don't just stand around like in the demo. I don't remember them being so stupid in one of the first trailers. It was the one where Altair got trapped in the end. It didn't have the camera close in for counters, which I prefer over zooming in every time Altair does a counter, and he was actually killed. My memory may be incorrect, but I think they displayed a higher group intelligence back then. Of course they could've scaled the difficulty down for demo purposes, who knows?

After reading the article about it in the new GI, I must say I'm anticipating this game even more. I just hope that in the final game they don't just stand around like in the demo. I don't remember them being so stupid in one of the first trailers. It was the one where Altair got trapped in the end. It didn't have the camera close in for counters, which I prefer over zooming in every time Altair does a counter, and he was actually killed. My memory may be incorrect, but I think they displayed a higher group intelligence back then. Of course they could've scaled the difficulty down for demo purposes, who knows?

Yea i know what your talking about, but i haven't really seen much difference from the enemy AI from early to now. Maybe i just haven't been paying attention as I'm in a gaping awe every time i see anything on this game.

Even if the knights are idiots, this game will rock hardcore. Everything else in that demo, like longe-range kills, free-running, climbing, walking nonchalantly through the crowd, the assassination itself, was pretty incredible. I wonder if Altair aims for you, or you have to jump just right to land in the hay. I bet it's the first one, but it would be pretty cool if you had to aim yourself. If you missed and went splat, it'd still be sweet cuz in real life no one auto aims for you.

. I wonder if Altair aims for you, or you have to jump just right to land in the hay. I bet it's the first one, but it would be pretty cool if you had to aim yourself. If you missed and went splat, it'd still be sweet cuz in real life no one auto aims for you.

There are predefined places where you can perform the "leap of faith" so I'm sure every thing is automatic when it comes to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"