Sequels Avengers Sequel ideas?

I really can't see the fascination with the Civil War story. How would it work out? Would you create the New Warriors in the MCU only to murder them? Can we use Nitro (nope he's at FOX).

The concept is inherently flawed for the silver screen. They're not going to turn good guys into bad guys .... they wouldn't even do it with the Hulk when the idea was first discussed about him being a villain in the Avengers.

Won't happen. Don't know why anyone discusses it. They're setting up franchises to have the heroes be the heroes. What in the world makes anyone think we'll get a Watchmen-esque kind of property out of the way Feige is running these Marvel movies?

I guess I don't really see the fascination with it anyway. There are dozens and dozens of stories you can tell with these characters; why are people interesting in seeing a political debate followed by fisticuffs between Cap and Stark?

Has Korvac been brought up?
korvac.jpg

MichaelKorvac.jpg

Personally I'd rather see Thanos or Kang and i dont really wanna see GOTG/Avengers team up, but I just thought of Korvac since GOTG is getting made and didnt the Guardians travel to Earth to fight korvac and teamed up with The Avengers?

Just an idea

I'd love a Korvac movie. Korvac could actually provide a threat level increase from Thanos (without Gauntlet) or a mid-point between Loki and Thanos (with Gauntlet.)

It'd make an especially great movie given the sort of downer ending. Give some weight to the proceedings.

Last edited:
Based on the way The Avengers ends, the most likely villain for Avengers 2 is Thanos, although there's also the potential for him to appear as the villain in Thor 2 before then, which would make him the second villain to appear in both a Thor movie and Avengers movie (the first, of course, being Loki).

off topic, but I have a question regarding hulk's anger and strength. In the MCU, outside of the abomination fight, was there anything in the movies that actually showed that he gets stronger tha angrier he gets?

off topic, but I have a question regarding hulk's anger and strength. In the MCU, outside of the abomination fight, was there anything in the movies that actually showed that he gets stronger tha angrier he gets?

Him getting shot by many chitauri then overpowering them.

Him getting shot by many chitauri then overpowering them.

lol but he didn't, he was knocked down for a long time, next time we saw him he was getting up with a bloody nose

Why would you rule Kang out after Loki and the Chitauri? There is a big, BIG difference between invaders from space and invaders from the future. Time travel =/= space travel

Wow i have horrible grammer lol ...I liked Kang story from the cartoon a lot I thought he was pretty cool I got into comics stuff after Ironman movies..but his theme is pretty much same thing as Loki bringing on the Aliens minus time travel...I don't see him being a logical choice this time around I think he'd more successful if there a roboot in the future though... Seems logical that next movie is gonna have Thanos, even though it would been smarter to save him for the third film and have the Avengers and GOG work together ..but way it would appear they have him set up just like Loki was for the Avengers by explaining his origin in one film (GOG) and having featured in the Avengers on full force

What if they went about it like this:
2013 November 8 Thor The Dark World
2013 May 3 - Iron Man 3
2014 April 4 - Captain America Winter Soldier
2014 - Amazing Spiderman 2 (reboot Daredevil? just a thought)
2014 August 1 - Guardians of the Galaxy
2016 (rumored date) - The Avengers 2

Somewhere in there you have Amazing Spiderman 3 and maybe the Ant-Man movie.

So here's my theory. The Guardians of the Galaxy set up Adam Warlock to take out Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet. After a big hoopla with Thanos and the Avengers 2, the Avengers fall apart and set up the "New Avengers". Let's say this comes out 2018? That gives Marvel another couple years to tie in Andrew Garfield as Spidey and maybe a new (or old as in Hugh Jackman) Wolverine.
I'll be honest im no expert in the members of the old, founding, new, dark Avengers. But at this rate I think they will somewhat rewrite it anyway.

And who knows about a Dark Avengers. There was the redesigned iron man armor as the Iron Patriot. Maybe down the road that really is the Patriot.

Go easy on me if I'm missing major characters or facts. I'm no expert.

I'm banking on a story that factors into the plot of acquiring the Infinity Gauntlet. It's unlikely to me that they'd tease Thanos and then not deliver him after all of those years before Avengers 2.

What if they went about it like this:
2013 November 8 Thor The Dark World
2013 May 3 - Iron Man 3
2014 April 4 - Captain America Winter Soldier
2014 - Amazing Spiderman 2 (reboot Daredevil? just a thought)
2014 August 1 - Guardians of the Galaxy
2016 (rumored date) - The Avengers 2

Somewhere in there you have Amazing Spiderman 3 and maybe the Ant-Man movie.

So here's my theory. The Guardians of the Galaxy set up Adam Warlock to take out Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet. After a big hoopla with Thanos and the Avengers 2, the Avengers fall apart and set up the "New Avengers". Let's say this comes out 2018? That gives Marvel another couple years to tie in Andrew Garfield as Spidey and maybe a new (or old as in Hugh Jackman) Wolverine.
I'll be honest im no expert in the members of the old, founding, new, dark Avengers. But at this rate I think they will somewhat rewrite it anyway.

And who knows about a Dark Avengers. There was the redesigned iron man armor as the Iron Patriot. Maybe down the road that really is the Patriot.

Go easy on me if I'm missing major characters or facts. I'm no expert.
Welcome to the forums, bsmithree. Unfortunately, Marvel Studios does not and will not have the rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men, since they are licensed to Sony and Fox, respectively. The rights to those characters will not be returned to MS as long as Sony and Fox keep making Spider-Man and X-Men films. Sad to say, but Marvel Studios probably won't be making a New Avengers movie with Spidey and Wolverine or a Dark Avengers movie with Norman Osborn as the Iron Patriot, as least not for a very long time.

Welcome to the forums, bsmithree. Unfortunately, Marvel Studios does not and will not have the rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men, since they are licensed to Sony and Fox, respectively. The rights to those characters will not be returned to MS as long as Sony and Fox keep making Spider-Man and X-Men films. Sad to say, but Marvel Studios probably won't be making a New Avengers movie with Spidey and Wolverine or a Dark Avengers movie with Norman Osborn as the Iron Patriot, as least not for a very long time.

It is possible that Sony and Disney could come to an agreement, for the sake of making money.

Unlikely, But possible. The guys from marvel have been talking with the Sony guys I believe. I can't remember who said it, but they were going to put the oscorp tower in avengers. I think the CGI department ran out of time though.

New Avengers would be a major downgrade from Avengers, anyway

Lots o lafs said:
It is possible that Sony and Disney could come to an agreement, for the sake of making money.

People love The Avengers, and people love Spider-Man. I can bet money that they'll find a way of making this possible. After what The Avengers did, nothing is impossible. There's no ceiling.

People love The Avengers, and people love Spider-Man. I can bet money that they'll find a way of making this possible. After what The Avengers did, nothing is impossible. There's no ceiling.
I can bet money that it won't happen as long as Disney and Sony are wholly separate entities.

Good god we have some really delusional people in this thread. Between the constant suggestions of a Civil War storyline and Spidey showing up in Avengers I just want to :wall:.

Good god we have some really delusional people in this thread. Between the constant suggestions of a Civil War storyline and Spidey showing up in Avengers I just want to :wall:.
Patience, Iago.

The headbanging might cause you to become delusional as well!

Ultron's the way to go, Thanos should be built up to be the epic climax of what is hopefully the first trilogy of many Avengers films

Avengers 2: Dark Avengers

Starring Norman Osborne as Iron Patriot, Sabretooth dressed as Wolverine, Red Hulk painted Green and Loki dressed as Thor

IT'LL HAPPEN :jedi

BatsDC said:
Ultron's the way to go, Thanos should be built up to be the epic climax of what is hopefully the first trilogy of many Avengers films

Ultron is like Punisher to me; a concept that's cool in comic books, but overdone in cinema. How many movies about AI have we had in the last 30 years?

Thanos isn't original either, but at least he won't come across as a rip off to the audience... not when he likely would have the Infinity Gauntlet.

avnass2012006_dc11_lr_0001_02.jpg

Who can say?

Ultron is like Punisher to me; a concept that's cool in comic books, but overdone in cinema. How many movies about AI have we had in the last 30 years?

Thanos isn't original either, but at least he won't come across as a rip off to the audience... not when he likely would have the Infinity Gauntlet.

Alien invasions have been down to death as well, but they made it work in the Avengers. I think the concept of Ultron would work and could be awesome if done right.

Who can say?

That just seems like a giant cluster**** for a live action film. If GotG box office/reception is lukewarm and forgettable to the general public, then you downgrade Avengers by combining everything. If it is a run away hit then you can get creative. Still remains to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"