• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Balding, do woman care? Should men care?

Reaction score
So In started getting abit of a hairline about 2 years back and at first I was "OH MY GOD NOOO!" but now i'm not really that bothered about it so much. Part of this is when I look at people like Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson (head shaved) I think they look quite cool and generally, more masculine. Avery Brooks from Deep Space 9 actually looks better without it.

The thing is though, is it that much of a deal for woman? Or even just your social status in general? I'm not so much talking about a full bald but more a few inches receeding to create a "M" shape.

I was reading about James Nesbitt the other day, he got a hair-transplant because he felt balding would harm his career. I think it's sad people have to resort to this and sets a bad example for other balding men. Surely it's not that bad is it that it would effectively kill off someones career?

nesbitt-hair.jpg

if you're bald attract women who like baldness if you're not attract women who don't. it's a nice filter to whittle down the options.

I currently have a full head of hair, albeit the normal mature hairline that most people develop in their mid twenties. I've thought about how I'd feel if I started to recede and it really doesn't bother me. If it goes, it goes, it's not that big of a deal. I can't see why it would effect social status negatively. If anything, it'll make you appear more manly.

I think it's matter of opinion. I personally don't like the idea of going bald. So I'm not sure what I'd do if I started losing my hair.

I personally would dread the idea of balding.

I started losing my hair in middle school. Now I'm almost 26 and basicly completly bald. Do I wish I had a full head of hair. Yes of course. But I dont so I just shave the rest off and move on.

I've had shoulder length hair for years and I started freaking out, knowing that one day I might be bald and lose it all. So instead of clinging to what I would have to let go of one day, I shaved it all off. And it didn't look bad once I accepted it.

Hair is just hair, it's not the man.

I'm pretty sure in my older years I really won;t care about it one way or the other. In my current age, I dread losing my hair. I'm already showing gray hairs and I'm not close to 30. But I'm pretty sure upon the first years of balding, I may just go with a shaved head. Your typical bald w/ goatee black man look.

Yeah, I've had grey hairs since I was seventeen. At 21 now I have more and more. But Hell, Steve Martin has been my personal hero since I was six, so I would rather get all grey than go bald.

It depends on the shape of your head. Balding is a big deal if a guy has an oddly proportioned skull or deep scars. Otherwise, it surely looks better than fake hair or a comb-over. I've been shaving for 8 years and wouldn't have it any other way. I wasn't receding, either.

Shave it off like a normal man. Jesus.

cut it short and find a chick that loves you for you not your hair.

So In started getting abit of a hairline about 2 years back and at first I was "OH MY GOD NOOO!" but now i'm not really that bothered about it so much.

I guess it depends on whether it will kill your confidence to not have your hair. My buddy Dan takes a pill that allows him to keep what hair he has left. He started taking it about when his hair was thinning some odd years ago... He hasn't gone bald yet.

For me, I don't wanna lose my hair... haha... I am 32 and still have most of it but do have a receding hairline, and my Dad went fully bald in his early 40s. My younger brother is totally bald already... My grandpa had some hair even into his late 60s... so I dont really know what it's based on in terms of genetics or what

If it bothers you that much, take a pill, get a transplant and don't worry about it anymore. :cwink:

If you have a massive bald spot on your head... shave it all off. Having hair just round the back and sides looks incredibly stupid.

Yeah, I've had grey hairs since I was seventeen. At 21 now I have more and more. But Hell, Steve Martin has been my personal hero since I was six, so I would rather get all grey than go bald.
I'm starting to get a few grey hairs at the age of 20, just like my dad did. He was grey by 25 and white by 30, just like Steve Martin's hair.

I'm losing my hair, it makes me sad :( Mind you I used to have combs broken in my hair when I didnt cut it for a few months. Now it's thinning out but still fairly thick.

My dad has the so-called male pattern baldness so I've always been conscious of my hair, and I've used a variety of shampoos that help slowing down hair loss and ones that do the minimize damage to it (like baby shampoo). I also avoid using any hairspray & hair gel, as well as not wear any hat or cap. I know I'm fighting herediary but so far I have more hair than my dad when he was around my current age, so I see that as an improvement.

Its inevitable & a sad fact of life that as you get older you start to gray, lose your hair, go bald, etc, but I dont see nothing wrong with people caring or concerns about their hair.:o

My dad's family is funny when it comes to baldness. He is the oldest, and he has hair all over his head, it's just a little bit thin. His younger brother has a bald spot on his head which he has had since his early 30's, and it hasn't progressed more than that. The youngest has full-on male pattern baldness like James Nesbitt does in the first post.

But apparently you inherit it from your mother's side. Which is good for me because my Granddad has a full head of thick hair at the age of 75.

Don't care what women think, and when the time comes I will just shave my head to a stumble or clean.

Yeah I figure when the time comes I will just shave my head or keep a little bit of stubble, depending on what looks better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"