When hot girls date unnattractive guys - a retrospective

Elmo killed Sesame Street.
No creation has ever had such an obnoxious voice.
Seeing or hearing him is like seeing/hearing someone scratch a chalkboard with their finger nails.

I also find it amusing that they have to make COOKIE Monster eat vegetables, for fear that a gluttonous character would influence children to eat too many cookies, but they allow Elmo to use incorrect grammar...in such sentences as:
"Elmo not think that very nice! "

Elmo is THE symbol of the dumbing down of our children. :down
Slay him wherever you find him.

Wilhelm, didn't you say you live in Seattle?

Elmo killed Sesame Street.
No creation has ever had such an obnoxious voice.
Seeing or hearing him is like seeing/hearing someone scratch a chalkboard with their finger nails.

I also find it amusing that they have to make COOKIE Monster eat vegetables, for fear that a gluttonous character would influence children to eat too many cookies, but they allow Elmo to use incorrect grammar...in such sentences as:
"Elmo not think that very nice! "

Elmo is THE symbol of the dumbing down of our children. :down
Slay him wherever you find him.

:up: :up:

I love Elmo, you're just jealous Wilhelm.
No.
Elmo has failed me for the last time.

ar.jpg

Am I the only one who finds it a bit disturbing that Wil has such an adamant stance on a children's television show at his age? Are you researching something Wil?

Uh, being an adult that despises Elmo is HARDLY an anomaly. :whatever:
Especially for a huge fan of Sesame Street from the 70's.

As parenthood looms over me, I have already decided that Elmo will be banned from this house. He is a moron that shouldn't be passing his unintelligible communication skills and habits on to impressionable minds.

jag

Your original statment was more about the current state of the show, not just the one puppet. Do you still watch it? There's no shame in that Wil, we're all your friends here.

Your original statment was more about the current state of the show, not just the one puppet. Do you still watch it? There's no shame in that Wil, we're all your friends here.
When your TV only gets the CW and PBS, you will encounter Elmo.
I have seen Sesame Street when I've called in sick and when I've been on vacation, as it is on when I'm at work.
I have never understood the concept of having "shame" over watching something.

I enjoyed Goodfellas, The Hours, Capturing The Friedmans...
I have also enjoyed watching Land of the Lost and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Are you ashamed of what entertains or interests you?

No, more often I find myself ashamed of what bemuses me at EL ESS PEE.

Wow this thread got of topic pretty fast:o

Well there are a lot of unattractive religious types.

Elmo's VA is black. Kevin Clash. You racist bastards. :o

KevinClash(Pupetteer).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"