Balding, do woman care? Should men care?

Its inevitable & a sad fact of life that as you get older you start to gray, lose your hair, go bald, etc, but I dont see nothing wrong with people caring or concerns about their hair.:o
It depends on your genetic make-up. My father is in his 60's and he has a full head of hair that has retained most of its color. I have a full head of hair but I usually keep it shaved so my co. doesn't ***** about it.

Personally, the only balding on a woman I prefer has nothing to do with her head.

I have all my hair but I have a widows peak thing going on. I wear a bandana a lot so if I was bald that would look weird. Has anyone ever had their facial hair start balding?

I have all my hair but I have a widows peak thing going on. I wear a bandana a lot so if I was bald that would look weird. Has anyone ever had their facial hair start balding?

1st time I hear of it.....

I'm very self-conscious of my hair, so yeah, I care. I just cut my hair short for the first time in almost a year, and I'm seeing that it's much shorter on the sides than I remembered it which makes me fear that I'll either have to grow it longer again to make up for it, or just just part of it shorter than the parts that seem to have less hair so that it all looks even.

Had a receeding hairline from the time I was 27 until I was about 31-32.

Finally had enough of it one day and just shaved my head clean, figuring I'd "fire it before it quit on me." ;)

Best decision I ever made. I'm now 35, divorced (another smart life decision) and have a shaved dome, and dont have many problems getting dates. More women than not seem to care more about your personality, and that your a good person. And for others the bald thing is a turn on. Although it helps that I have a "nice head shape" or so I've been told. Some guys shave their heads and have weird looking craniums or a lot of loose skin that makes their head look like a scrotum. lol

Another great thing, is it also acts as a personality filter so I'm not wasting time with superficial women who would rule someone out simply because a guy doesnt have a great head of hair.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on whether it will kill your confidence to not have your hair. My buddy Dan takes a pill that allows him to keep what hair he has left. He started taking it about when his hair was thinning some odd years ago... He hasn't gone bald yet.

For me, I don't wanna lose my hair... haha... I am 32 and still have most of it but do have a receding hairline, and my Dad went fully bald in his early 40s. My younger brother is totally bald already... My grandpa had some hair even into his late 60s... so I dont really know what it's based on in terms of genetics or what

If it bothers you that much, take a pill, get a transplant and don't worry about it anymore. :cwink:

I feel it comes down to this as well. I see a lot of fat, balding guys with other unflattering physical traits and they do better than fine with the ladies and their day to day life, because they are just bursting with confidence.

On the other hand you'll see guys that were very attractive growing up, and once a curveball like baldness comes their way, everything falls apart because they'd become dependent on their good looks.

think of it this way and bald man walks into a bar, no one says a thing. a guy in a wig walks in, how many start talking about the bloke in the rug

and yes i am going bald at 28, don't give a **** when it got noticeable i just got my hair cut as short as i wanted.

If you have a massive bald spot on your head... shave it all off. Having hair just round the back and sides looks incredibly stupid.

Patrick_Stewart_HF_L_2_18907_14113.gif

seems to work ok for him :o

Me my hair grows into a fro, so if baldness ever strikes I'll definitely be investing in a headblade.

And I agree, rugs are much more laughable then someone proudly balding.

I think I'd probably wear a hat all day if I were balding completely.

I think I'd probably wear a hat all day if I were balding completely.

As hard as it would seem, I'd probably do the same. Of course if you were the Captain of the Enterprise, different story.

Michael Jordan made it cool to be bald.. It still sucks though to be white and losing your hair, just look at how many older guys you see with combovers, it's hard to let go. I hate going and getting my hair cut because people can see how thin my hair really is.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a little bit at the front of my scalp that is missing a couple of hairs, but nothing much really. My barber always told me that I never had to worry about my hair receding, I am not sure what caused the little patch, whether genetics or overuse of conditioner, cause I used to slap that stuff on a lot when i discovered it's amazing powers a few years ago, having only used shampers before.

So, basically, that little bald patch is on my list of things to fix when I meet up with God and the angels..

1. Get that wee baldy patch sorted oot.
2. Get my right cheekbone put back where it should be, instead of sitting next to my nose.
3. Get my nose put back to where it should be genetically if it had been untouched by feet and fists, although, I always had trouble breathing through it until i got my second septoplasty op, so that needs to be sorted too, I should be able to stick straws through there and tickle my brain.
4. Get my skin fixed up back to it's beautiful natural genetic complexion. Too much booze in the old days screwed that up.
5. Get my gomey right leg fixed up, I f***ed it up ata gig and did not go to hospital, big mistake.
6. Get my left knee fixed up, where i was hit by a car in the course of duty when I tried to pull a Moses/Red Sea while crimefighting.
7. Get my damaged vocal chords fixed up, so i can breathe better and hit all of those high and low notes i used to be able to, I had not a bad voice back in the day.
8. Get my tinnitus fixed up so my mind can get back to it's super-speed greatness, no-one, and I mean frickin no-one was faster than me back in the day with that sh**. I don't give a crap who you are or how fast you think you are, i was the fastest mind on Earth, so there.

But, of course, the bald patch is the most important one as I have a funny shaped head like a frickin alien and can't afford to lose any more of that.

Last edited:
If you are going bald...grow some facial hair.

Do women care? A women can over look ANYTHING if she likes you.

I started going bald at the age of 18, and it was an enormous shock to me. My father at age 62 still as all his hair, as did my grandparents, so I thought it might be a health issue, and went to the doctor. He said it was completely normal male pattern baldness, and said he could write a perscription for rogaine. I wasn't interested.

Of course I was enormously stressed out, with thoughts like 'oh man, what are all the girls gonna think'? But after a couple of years it really didn't bother me anymore. Now I'm 23, and in another year I'll be at the point where I'll be better off just shaving me head. It's a bit awkward since I'm white, but I think I'll look good.

I'm still a little nervous thinking about how my friends from high school are gonna react when they see me lol.

Some men can pull off bald very well. Especially if they have a nicely shaped head. Balding is a different matter. If you're doing the comb-over or keeping the few hairs that still grow on your side like Homer Simpson then you need an intervention. A receding hair-line is one thing and quite manageable, but if you're full on losing hair by the clumps, then you should just shave all of it. You can talk all you want about personalities, but women are just as superficial as men and judge us just as harshly as we sometimes judge them and their physical imperfections.

I wouldnt really mind,i mean as long as ur a really down to earth dide and ladirs dig the way u are.Then,no problem.Its just hair.

I've had a bald spot on the ol' crown for a few years now, but haven't done a damn thing about it, because you don't really notice it unless I fully turn around, so other than that I've got a full head o' hair. Like was said earlier, my dad started losing his in his twenties and I've outlasted him by quite a bit so I'm not too worried about things.

I think if the front started to seriously meet the 'spot', then I'd buzz everything really short but probably NOT go all-out bald as I have kind of a weird shaped head. Despite what I've heard from a lot of folks, I've seen some dudes who look creepy and weird as f^k with a bald head, lol!! So shaving it all off isn't always the answer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"