The Dark Knight Bale's rendition; what should stay and what should go?

ChrisBaleBatman said:
The one liners weren't so bad. I actually liked all of them.

I like his Batman voice too. It would change b/c he had to either higher it or lower it for distance. Like, when he was talking to Rachel in the Batcave....no other sounds really around them, it was very quiet so he didn't need to yell it or talk above some sounds around him. Whereas in exacping Arham, he had to yell he brought his car.

I liked his many facets of Bruce Wayne.

The only thing I see that could change is Bruce Wayne himself, which I think we saw at the end of BATMAN BEGINS. So, that is.....getting the Bruce Wayne that donates money to Gotham charities and becoming somewhat of a help to the Gotham community with his money, kinda like we see in BTAS and the comics.

Also, when he was talking to Dawes in the Batcave, I think he changed his voice so he didn't scare her. He didn't need to use the same voice as when he, for example, interrogated Gordon's partner. She was also drugged, so she probably wouldn't recognize his voice anyway.

eh, theres a waterfall and a ton of bats going on in that cave as compared to a train station (no sound from the train) and nothing else.

In the Batcave it sounded natural in the train station it sounded too guttural.
Not to mention when he says," If I hadnt your mind would now be lost." he was much further from her than he was in the station and it sounded just fine.

And its not about the scary :p
I loved his voice LOVEDITOMG loved his voice in the Flass scene :D

Bale did the best he could. He really got into that character in order to make it work, and it was great.

theShape said:
SWEAR TO ME!!!!!!
lol ya
I dont mean to sound perverted but that scene....I mean...wow
Holy sexiness Batman! is all I can say without feeling dirty.

Its theShapes fault, he shouldnt have yelled that at me :(

7Hells said:
Just because we are nitpicking doesnt mean we dont love it :)

I know you guys love it and it's all out of love, that's why I didn't resort to any personal attacks on anyone. I just can't fathom how anyone could possibly try to knock the lighting of a movie that is unanimously lavished by the majority of the best of the best PROFESSIONALS in the industry (I've worked with several cinematographers who cite Batman Begins as one of the best photographed films of the decade as well) who obsess about lighting every day in their jobs! We're talking about people who would generally dismiss big budget comic book adaptations as cheap fun for the most part and they praised the craft of this film quite seriously.

It's just so inane to point out in this film, how could you possibly enjoy ANY film's photography if you think it's problematic here?

your first post is a nipple joke. You're going to fit in just fine.

jamie_mcgonigle said:
It's just so inane to point out in this film, how could you possibly enjoy ANY film's photography if you think it's problematic here?
It was only pointed out in one scene that lasted less than 8 seconds and it was lighting not photography. :)
I know you said lighting in the beginning of your post but I didnt quote that part so had to add that in.

Batman voice. Everything else was great, but that voice kinda kills it for me. It seems so forced. When Keaton played Batman, his voice seemed so much more natural, yet it still sounded different from his Bruce Wayne voice.

I know I am going off topic in my own thread but I was also wondering what everyone thought of the music and its application? Too loud, just right...

And also did you guys like the whole idea of Gordon repeating the same words Waynes father repeated to him when he saved him and just before he died?
Or was that over the top? Also the fear aspect and conquering the...

ok nm thats enough lol
Just the music and the lines :D
I could go on forever with questions and they should prolly be in the Batman Begins section.

SpHinX said:
When Keaton played Batman, his voice seemed so much more natural, yet it still sounded different from his Bruce Wayne voice.
I'm going to have to watch 89 again but wasnt Keatons more like a whisper?
I dont recall and I dont have those movies with me.

I liked the whisper voice. I prefer that over Bale's animal voice, as much as I liked Bale's portrayal

7Hells said:
I'm going to have to watch 89 again but wasnt Keatons more like a whisper?
I dont recall and I dont have those movies with me.

It might have been something along those lines, but I liked it lol

Shouldn't Batman sound more like an animal than a man in control?

StorminNorman said:
Shouldn't Batman sound more like an animal than a man in control?

He's gotta have some sort of control to pull off all of that Keysi and flying through Gotham without killing someone. Otherwise you would have a guy dressed up as a bat running around screaming and flailing his arms like a nutjob :)

how about this: Bale's voice should be more consistent. I tolerated Bale's BatVoice and it worked fine. But I did notice how it would change, from his scene with Rachel at the train station, to his scene with Gordon at the end of the movie.

If it's more consistent, then i'll be fine. I'm surprised that Bale didn't redub some of the scenes.

SpHinX said:
He's gotta have some sort of control to pull off all of that Keysi and flying through Gotham without killing someone. Otherwise you would have a guy dressed up as a bat running around screaming and flailing his arms like a nutjob :)

Please reread what I say.

"Shouldn't Batman SOUND like an animal over a man in control"

SpHinX said:

But his whole thing is intimidation. If he goes around whispering to the bad guys like Keaton, it wouldn't be as frightening as his voice now.

We're talking about sounding like an animal, not necessarily acting like one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"