Ballad of Saints: A Fantasy RPG (Short-Term) - OOC Thread

Yea, been away on a spur of the moment vacation. Will have stuff up soon.

Would it help if I sent each player an outline of the general route this game is going to go? I fear that with the current pace that this may not be done in 3 months which I didn't want to exceed.

I can't tell if the problem in general is the overall slug pace the Basement has been in or the content of my game thus far.

Would it help if I sent each player an outline of the general route this game is going to go? I fear that with the current pace that this may not be done in 3 months which I didn't want to exceed.

I think so. It would help me, anyway.

I can't tell if the problem in general is the overall slug pace the Basement has been in or the content of my game thus far.

Probably the former. We be lazy. Also, life and stuff.

Ballad of Saints: A Fantasy RPG - Application

Screen Name: Brynn

Character you have created: Szandra

Race/Culture: Human/Hungarian

Racial Traits: None listed

Character Class: Fighter

Patron Deity: None

Magic: None

Speech Color and/or Font: Arial bold, purple

Character Alignment (Good/Neutral): Good

Character Personality: Szandra grew up never wanting to appear weak in her fathers eyes and believed she always had to prove herself among her older brothers leaving her confident and headstrong to a fault. Though considered a beauty among the tribe most are put off by her seemingly hard and unfeeling personality but Szandra cares more for her people than she outwardly lets on. Originally born in Hungary, her people are constantly pushing westward, never settling and are well suited for life on the move.

Origin Info/Details (As thorough as possible): Szandra was born to the leader of a tribe of war oriented nomads. Her mother died in child birth and for a while it seemed as though Szandra wouldn’t live either before defying the odds. Because of this, her father and older brothers doted on and were very overprotective of her, but being raised in a culture that valued strength above all else Szandra resented them for it. She spurned any kind of special treatment that would set her apart from her brothers, especially during training where she always tried to prove herself as strong as them. Not always successfully.

By the time she came of age she was considered one of the finest of her fathers mounted archers and for her thirteenth name day her father gave her a gift. An iron grey colt Szandra named Turul, she alone would be responsible for it’s well being and training. When she was eighteen Szandra’s eldest brother died in what was supposed to be a simple raid. At 21 her brother and best friend Elek, older than her by only a year, died defending her from a direwolf. His death has left her bitter and guilt ridden, made worse by the whispers of her being cursed. Her family have been outraged by these rumours but Szandra herself has begun to wonder if there is a truth to them.

Attributes:

Strength Level: Peak Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Peak Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort/Durability: Normal Human

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Expert

Resources: Minimal

Notable Equipment: A recurved bow and two mismatched short swords, one which was made for her and the other which had belonged to her brother. The fangs of the direwolf that killed her brother which she wears around her neck.

Weaknesses (If your character has any specific weakness, such as a vampire's weakness to sunlight (among other things) or a Faerie's weakness to iron, list them here): Can be hurt or killed by conventional means.

Supporting Characters: Turul, Szandra’s grey stallion. The only being other than her father or brothers that she has openly shown affection for.

Describe using proper English grammar what you think you can bring to the RPG: A hopefully interesting character, not to mention another female to break up the sausage fest.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As much as I can.
Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: In theory.

Sample Post (Minimum Four decent-sized paragraphs containing dialogue):

Szandra brought her iron grey stallion from a hard gallop down to a trot as they neared the camp. She had crept away just as dawn was breaking for a long ride, no saddle or bridle; just her, Turul and open terrain. The sun was high in the sky now and all the elation she felt before, all but melted away as the sounds of the encampment washed over her. With a gentle squeeze of her legs Turul came to a full stop, allowing her to dismount. She stood watching as everyone went about their daily lives like always… as though he were still there. As if sensing the shift in her mood Turul gave her a nudge with his head causing the corners of her mouth to turn up in a small smile. With a small pat she lead her horse into the bustle of activity that was their temporary home.

After making sure Turul was taken care of, Szandra made her way towards her tent to change out of the sweat stained riding leathers when the sounds of cheering caught her attention. Following the noise to the center of the encampment she could hear the distinct sounds of fighting amongst the cheers. It was strange, while training and sparing matches occasionally drew a crowd this was entirely different. For one thing she could clearly see her father standing at the forefront of the crowd with the tribe's shaman at his shoulder. She was about to go to them to see what was going on when she was grabbed roughly by the arm and pulled from the back of the crowd.

"Where have you been?" She whirled around fist raised only to meet the imposing figure of her last surviving brother Vilmos.

"I was out riding," She wrenched her arm free and deflated a bit under his hard gaze, "I... I needed to be alone." Vilmos issued a long suffering sigh though his eyes softened a bit.

"You need to stop this wallowing."

"I am not wallowing! I’m mourning."

"Elek has been dead almost two weeks, the time for mourning is long past." Szandra could find no words to that, folding her arms she nodded towards the two fighters in a desperate bid to change the subject.

"What is this all about?" Her brother shifted uneasily at the question and continued on as if delivering bad news.

"They are fighting to see who is worthy of you." Szandra’s head snapped back to face him and this time it was his turn to wither under his little sisters glare.

"What?" Her tone was perfectly even but he could already sense her anger.

"Father has decided that it is time you settled down, started having children." She opened her mouth to protest but he cut her off before she could get a word out. "This has been long in coming Szandra, you are not so young anymore." She did not reply but he could almost see the anger burning in her eyes as she turned back to the fight. The brawl ended with a cheer from the crowd and the victor preening in the center of the circle as the looser was helped away.

"Will anyone else challenge me!"

At the rather boastful invitation Szandra smiled ruefully before pushing her way into the crowd, ignoring her brothers protests. Snatching a dagger from an onlookers belt as she reached the front she hurled the weapon which stuck in the ground just at the winners feet.

Approved.

Oh wait, this is one of those games where I'm not the GM.

...where the hell is our GM?!

I think he's waiting on us to get off our asses and do something.

Ballad of Saints: A Fantasy RPG - Application

Screen Name: Brynn

Character you have created: Szandra

Race/Culture: Human/Hungarian

Racial Traits: None listed

Character Class: Fighter

Patron Deity: None

Magic: None

Speech Color and/or Font: Arial bold, purple

Character Alignment (Good/Neutral): Good

Character Personality: Szandra grew up never wanting to appear weak in her fathers eyes and believed she always had to prove herself among her older brothers leaving her confident and headstrong to a fault. Though considered a beauty among the tribe most are put off by her seemingly hard and unfeeling personality but Szandra cares more for her people than she outwardly lets on. Originally born in Hungary, her people are constantly pushing westward, never settling and are well suited for life on the move.

Origin Info/Details (As thorough as possible): Szandra was born to the leader of a tribe of war oriented nomads. Her mother died in child birth and for a while it seemed as though Szandra wouldn’t live either before defying the odds. Because of this, her father and older brothers doted on and were very overprotective of her, but being raised in a culture that valued strength above all else Szandra resented them for it. She spurned any kind of special treatment that would set her apart from her brothers, especially during training where she always tried to prove herself as strong as them. Not always successfully.

By the time she came of age she was considered one of the finest of her fathers mounted archers and for her thirteenth name day her father gave her a gift. An iron grey colt Szandra named Turul, she alone would be responsible for it’s well being and training. When she was eighteen Szandra’s eldest brother died in what was supposed to be a simple raid. At 21 her brother and best friend Elek, older than her by only a year, died defending her from a direwolf. His death has left her bitter and guilt ridden, made worse by the whispers of her being cursed. Her family have been outraged by these rumours but Szandra herself has begun to wonder if there is a truth to them.

Attributes:

Strength Level: Peak Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Peak Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort/Durability: Normal Human

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Expert

Resources: Minimal

Notable Equipment: A recurved bow and two mismatched short swords, one which was made for her and the other which had belonged to her brother. The fangs of the direwolf that killed her brother which she wears around her neck.

Weaknesses (If your character has any specific weakness, such as a vampire's weakness to sunlight (among other things) or a Faerie's weakness to iron, list them here): Can be hurt or killed by conventional means.

Supporting Characters: Turul, Szandra’s grey stallion. The only being other than her father or brothers that she has openly shown affection for.

Describe using proper English grammar what you think you can bring to the RPG: A hopefully interesting character, not to mention another female to break up the sausage fest.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As much as I can.
Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: In theory.

Sample Post (Minimum Four decent-sized paragraphs containing dialogue):

Szandra brought her iron grey stallion from a hard gallop down to a trot as they neared the camp. She had crept away just as dawn was breaking for a long ride, no saddle or bridle; just her, Turul and open terrain. The sun was high in the sky now and all the elation she felt before, all but melted away as the sounds of the encampment washed over her. With a gentle squeeze of her legs Turul came to a full stop, allowing her to dismount. She stood watching as everyone went about their daily lives like always… as though he were still there. As if sensing the shift in her mood Turul gave her a nudge with his head causing the corners of her mouth to turn up in a small smile. With a small pat she lead her horse into the bustle of activity that was their temporary home.

After making sure Turul was taken care of, Szandra made her way towards her tent to change out of the sweat stained riding leathers when the sounds of cheering caught her attention. Following the noise to the center of the encampment she could hear the distinct sounds of fighting amongst the cheers. It was strange, while training and sparing matches occasionally drew a crowd this was entirely different. For one thing she could clearly see her father standing at the forefront of the crowd with the tribe's shaman at his shoulder. She was about to go to them to see what was going on when she was grabbed roughly by the arm and pulled from the back of the crowd.

"Where have you been?" She whirled around fist raised only to meet the imposing figure of her last surviving brother Vilmos.

"I was out riding," She wrenched her arm free and deflated a bit under his hard gaze, "I... I needed to be alone." Vilmos issued a long suffering sigh though his eyes softened a bit.

"You need to stop this wallowing."

"I am not wallowing! I’m mourning."

"Elek has been dead almost two weeks, the time for mourning is long past." Szandra could find no words to that, folding her arms she nodded towards the two fighters in a desperate bid to change the subject.

"What is this all about?" Her brother shifted uneasily at the question and continued on as if delivering bad news.

"They are fighting to see who is worthy of you." Szandra’s head snapped back to face him and this time it was his turn to wither under his little sisters glare.

"What?" Her tone was perfectly even but he could already sense her anger.

"Father has decided that it is time you settled down, started having children." She opened her mouth to protest but he cut her off before she could get a word out. "This has been long in coming Szandra, you are not so young anymore." She did not reply but he could almost see the anger burning in her eyes as she turned back to the fight. The brawl ended with a cheer from the crowd and the victor preening in the center of the circle as the looser was helped away.

"Will anyone else challenge me!"

At the rather boastful invitation Szandra smiled ruefully before pushing her way into the crowd, ignoring her brothers protests. Snatching a dagger from an onlookers belt as she reached the front she hurled the weapon which stuck in the ground just at the winners feet.

approvalpic2b.png

Although you need to come up with a way that your character ends up in Caldoria which is a different and made up country. And you could have them near the Cherryblossom Forest to have them run into our group.

Rather than spoil the entire game with a general and brief outline I will simply let you know more or less what comes next as the story comes along should we have more bumps:

After this fight at the tower, we will be heading to Cherry Blossom Forest to seek out the Fairy Kingdom.

It is there that we will run into Rain Dog's character and Brynn's character. Rain Dog already has his character stationed doing stuff and Brynn simply needs to establish his character getting there in time. If posts are not made within the next 2 days, as GM of the game, I will bunny those who did not post to move the game along.

Last edited:
Rather than spoil the entire game with a general and brief outline I will simply let you know more or less what comes next as the story comes along should we have more bumps:

After this fight at the tower, we will be heading to Cherry Blossom Forest to seek out the Fairy Kingdom.

It is there that we will run into Rain Dog's character and Brynn's character. Rain Dog already has his character stationed doing stuff and Brynn simply needs to establish his character getting there in time. If posts are not made within the next 2 days, as GM of the game, I will bunny those who did not post to move the game along.

And by bunny, he means your character will be giving blowjobs to orcs.

You guys make me sick. No way this will be done as a short term game if it finishes.

Yeah! :cmad:

*realizes he could read the last two posts and post againt*

...yeah :cmad: :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"