The Dark Knight Rises Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
BatJeff7786 said:
NO WWE wrestlers!!

No one else is going to be big enough to pull off Bane. While a lot of them overract better that than a bodybuilder who probably doesn't really have to use charisma at all.

Bat-God said:
Bane has GOT to be at least Colombian. And yes, he has to have a spanish accent. If not, then he's just a huge, smart guy.

Like what I previously said: Dalip as Bane, and dub Benicio Del Toro's voice into it. PERFECT.

But it's just my opinion.

He can still be Colombian without the accent (as long as he doesn't have a german accent, for instance). It is possible for foreigners to speak flawless unaccented english. Bane seems like the kind of guy who would take the time to do that.

I'm easing more towards Dalip as Bane. I personally love the character and he's one of my favorite villians. Shame how Schumacher did Bane by making him a pathetic side show bob with green skin who can't talk but just mumble what he hears like a parrot. I want to see justice for Bane. I want a huge fight between Bane and Batman, I mean a fight that could steal the entire show. Like the Russian vs Frank Castle fight in The Punisher but even better.

Dalip Singh would be good if they choose someone who can't act very well.

My choice would be Benecio Del Toro. Del Toro is like a chameleon when it comes to acting much like Depp and Oldman. They only thing Del Toro would need to do is bulk up for the role. He is already tall enough and he can intimidating as heck....imagine how he would be when bulked up? He also can do fight scenes , he was really good in the Hunted.

Dark Knight said:

My choice would be Benecio Del Toro. Del Toro is like a chameleon when it comes to acting much like Depp and Oldman. They only thing Del Toro would need to do is bulk up for the role. He is already tall enough and he can intimidating as heck....imagine how he would be when bulked up? He also can do fight scenes , he was really good in the Hunted.

He's have to gain at least 85 lbs to play the role respectively. To do that means that he'd have to weight train intensely for at least 2 years and that will only work if he has the genetics to gain that kind of weight.

We need somebody big already who can also act for it to work.

I'm torn between Dalip as body and Del Toro as voice versus the Rock. Either way I'd be happy.

Batman said:
Its a good thing I recovered from this.

batman_bane_11.jpg

This isnt cannon it doenst count

But michael clarke duncan would be a good bane

Jplaya2023 said:
This isnt cannon it doenst count

But michael clarke duncan would be a good bane

If the Rock's not tall enough than neither is Duncan. They had to make him appear taller in Daredevil to work for the Kingpin.

StorminNorman said:
If the Rock's not tall enough than neither is Duncan. They had to make him appear taller in Daredevil to work for the Kingpin.

Michael Clarke Duncan is 6'5 how much taller does he have to be????

If not him then Ving Rames

The Question said:
Actually, it is cannon.

Bane's not black. He's from South America.

Nick fury is white but he was black in Ultimate Avengers. Kingpin is white but was black in daredevil played by who?? Yep

The Rock could definetly pull BANE off really nice.

Jplaya2023 said:
Nick fury is white but he was black in Ultimate Avengers. Kingpin is white but was black in daredevil played by who?? Yep

I suppose you have a point. I just prefer to keep race changes to a minimum.

Jplaya2023 said:

Yea but Bane has always been some kind of hispanic origin. The exact origin is unknown but he is partially hispanic and partially British since his father was King Snake. Nick Fury is a WHOLE different story because in one of Marvel's Alternate universes he is black..in the comics Bane has been of hispanic origin. And even though he was a good kingpin, I did not like them changing the kingpin's race.

LMFAO!!!!!!

I ROFL when I read someone wanted Del Toro to play Bane, Oh thats a good one! You almost got me there!!!

Jackie Boy to play Bane ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

He's way too skinny, it'd take him years to get as big as Bane even on steroids. Yeah, Del Toro should play Bane just because he is Latin american. LMAO, Danny Trejo would do a better job!!!

Show me a movie where he acts in and I might just consider this "no proof to back it up" bull.

^yeah, but theyd have to make him look bigger

"African ancestry
Africans first arrived with the Spanish and Portuguese in the 16th century. Most were brought as slaves and delivered to Brazil and the Caribbean. Brazil now has about 60 million black people. Venezuela, Colombia, and Guyana also have significant black populations. All the American and Caribbean countries have seen important contributions by Afro-Latin Americans. Historical research on this subject has become more and more prevalent during the last four decades.

Mulato is a term of Spanish origin (Mulatto in English) describing Latin Americans of mixed African and White racial descent.

Zambo is a term of Spanish origin describing Latin Americans of mixed African and Amerindian racial descent. The feminine form is zamba."

from wikipedia. just a thought to consider on the debate weather duncan could play bane

I'd rather not have Bane appear in the new films at all, but if he does Dwayne Johnson/The Rock would be the best casting choice.

SupermanBeyond said:
"African ancestry
Africans first arrived with the Spanish and Portuguese in the 16th century. Most were brought as slaves and delivered to Brazil and the Caribbean. Brazil now has about 60 million black people. Venezuela, Colombia, and Guyana also have significant black populations. All the American and Caribbean countries have seen important contributions by Afro-Latin Americans. Historical research on this subject has become more and more prevalent during the last four decades.

Mulato is a term of Spanish origin (Mulatto in English) describing Latin Americans of mixed African and White racial descent.

Zambo is a term of Spanish origin describing Latin Americans of mixed African and Amerindian racial descent. The feminine form is zamba."

from wikipedia. just a thought to consider on the debate weather duncan could play bane

His dad is King Snake (british) and his mother is south american cause it mentions that King Snake un-knowingly got a womam pregnant with a boy (Bane) in South America.

Also...I would really just dislike it if they did not get a hispanic or someone who looks hispanic to play Bane. Like I said before I did not like it when they changed the Kingpin for the Daredevil movie..even though that movie sucked anyway..wasn't that good.

The Rock looks hispanic. Especially if you dont see his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"