Batman #651 thread

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Binker, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Miss Webb Registered

Bats face looked off and chunky in angle shots, but it was a good read. Overkill on all the green with Ivy (I thought I was reading with green glasses on) even her hair was tinted green. But the characterizations were spot on! Bats having the inside track on how to deal with her, Ivy's still apparent attraction despite her saying she's changed (we'll see, she's claimed this before).

Nice reactions to the bat signal, too.

BTW, just WHAT was she planning to do with that rose???

2. warren_sparta27 Registered

is there a graphic novel of this storyarc?

3. Fledermaus Registered

I don't think so. The only Gotham Knights collection is "Hush Returns".

4. The Red Skull Registered

I'd settle for a collection of Brian Bolland's covers.

5. Binker Registered

BATMAN #651

REVIEW:
    Detective #817 opened with a setup issue for the arc. From it, we saw classic old fashioned Batman returning and we were about to see a fight with Ivy in the next one (next one being THIS one). I heard couple negetives about this issue but let's see...

Story: When the bat-signal was lit, every single person in Gotham reacted. People who love, liked, and even hate the Batman were on it as Batman & Robin fought Ivy as their batplane exploded from Ivy's plants. Inside, the changes Batman has went through even surprises Ivy. But the night isn't even doen yet....

What surprises me in this issue is Batman. He's loosen up, more trusting with his partners like Robin, and instead of before where he was very dark, he's lighten up a bit. Another thing is that while this still is the Batman we are grew up on from the old books to Batman: The Animated Series, I can't help but see that this Batman is also like the dark knight from the new The Batman.

To end this, this was still a good issue. The arc is still starting and Batman OYL is more different that isn't bad. Even if what this arc is about isn't in this issue, its still needed and good in its own right. OYL is still looking good.

RATING: 7/10

6. SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

This was definitely a really good read. James Robinson is doing a fantastic job so far on this story arc. Knowing that Grant Morrisson is going to be writing Batman after this arc helps make it all the better. Also the fact that one of the Kubert brothers will be providing the artwork.

Things are really looking up for the Batman comics. And it's crazy because Batman has been kicking all kinds of ass, in my opinion, since Hush. :o

I really enjoyed the reactions to the bat-signal. That was a neat part of the issue. But who was that villain that was killed at the end. Magpie or something? I've never seen that character before unless my mind isn't working correctly.

7. Fledermaus Registered

I don't think she's been used since Batman #401:

[​IMG]

8. ToddIsDead Registered

That is one of the worst costumes I've ever seen...

9. LinternaVerde Fellowship

well, they are killing all the post-crisis bad guys and chicks... only classic villains will survive!!!

10. Joker Registered

So just a question, is Robin still Tim Drake? Because I felt it was sort of implied that it might be Jason Todd back as Robin from some of the dialouge in Detective 817...

11. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Tim is still Robin. Jason is in New York dressed as Nightwing and is about to encounter Grayson.

What dialogue in 817 were you referring to?

12. Binker Registered

She was used in Man of Steel #3.

13. Joker Registered

when Gordon is talking about all the bad stuff that happened and Batman says something along the lines of "yes, it happened...all of it" and he's staring at Robin while saying it...just gave me a Jason Todd vibe...he's in Nightwing now though? Man, I gotta pick that up :o

14. TheJaberwock autos doxa kai kratos

as great a read as it was, it confused me. apparently Magpie was just killed, but in Loeb's Batman/Superman story 'Public Enemy" or whatever, Batman tells Superman that she is dead and that was like two years ago with the whole One Year Later jump...

15. Mee 2 E's are better than 1

Yeah Magpie died. And apparently like Jason Todd she came back due to Infinite Crisis, and died all over again it seems.

16. Tojo Registered

I just read Detective 818...this story is getting really good. Batman is written really well....cant wait for 652...or whatever the nxt one is im confused.

17. StorminNorman Registered

I dont know why, but something about reading that sentence made me laugh out loud...hmm...

18. SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

Cool. Thanks. Wasn't reading the Batman comics back then, heh. Well, we shall see what happens. I need to get my hands on a copy of Detective # 818 as it sold out of my Local Comic Shop. :(

19. Joker Registered

god...I cant even look at Magpie without laughing...you gotta love the 80's man...

20. super85 Registered

Classic John Byrne 80s design. The Disco-Nightwing by George Perez is pretty "hawt" too lol.

21. David Ford, RPD Registered

I know this issue is more important than nust its cosmetic changes, but man was it great to see Robin in the BTNAS costume!

22. SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

The BTNAS suit? :confused:

Why does that sound so disgusting? :o

23. LinternaVerde Fellowship

24. Fledermaus Registered

cause it sounds like Buttnasty

25. Morgoth Registered