• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand Angry Joe regardless, he's so damn obnoxious.

Didn't like him before or after the Nintendo video controversy.

Angry Joe is on point as usual. Easily my favourite reviewer. I mostly agree with him and he dares to criticise where criticism is due. Great review.

Watched Angry Joe's review of the game. 6/10 - consoles, 4/10 - PC. OMG. Extremely underappreciated.

That Joe is really angry obviously.

Wow, perhaps 6 is a bit harsh, but I have to agree with this guy's opinion on the game. It's a review worth watching.

[YT]watch?v=buB5pI5w61w[/YT]

And the Arkham City one... (9/10)
[YT]watch?v=rwRXS2AnOhw[/YT]

He's just a overzealous superman fanboy. and not the good kind.

His Superman fanboyism has nothing to do with his review to Arkham Knight. He makes excellent points, expresses his opinions and what he liked and what he didn't like.

4/10 on PC release is spot on. 6/10 for Console seems fair, even Gamespot gave the game a 7/10 and to be honest the game truly is only a 6-7 game unless you really love the tank battles.

The dialogue and characterizations are questionable, the plot itself is okay only and the only real saving grace the game had was the big twist with Batman's fear gas experience, oh and the women we're written god awfully, especially Batgirl.

Yahtzee's reviews are usual satirical for example, but I felt his AK review was just stating the hard facts about the flaws.

I flew around the city in detective mode looking for groups of enemies to finish the firefighter missions. They stopped automatically showing on my objective screen at around 60% and I had to find them on my own after that.

Yeah, I think Rocksteady wanted the player to "feel" more like Batman. They incorporated the free-roam into the gameplay. They don't hold your hand. At least, I feel like that was intentional. When selecting missions, I never got way points from the get go. Flying around the city and roaming though, when I crossed certain missions, Batman would mark them by commenting.

Then after doing so, the way points would show up one by one when I selected the missions. At first, I hated it...then after a while, I warmed up to the idea and thought it was cool. It was fun flying around the city and having to actually look for specific clues/details on where a mission was.

Yahtzee's "review" brought up some great points. Like, if the villain was just smart enough he'd tie humans to those tanks, or simply use manned tanks, since that would obviously cause conflict for Batman.

Also, the city being evacuated and yet again empty just feels over and done with in these games. As Angry Joe rightfully said, having a more alive sandbox with more civillians this time around and not only bad guys would actually be the true evolution that this game series needs. Not by adding the Bat Tank and its arcade gameplay. Much like Angry Joe says, I just don't care enough this time to bother with what's happening "down there" because there's just beating up bad guys and not actually saving people and feel like a true hero. In Arkham City we had a few occasions of bad guys threatening civillians. This game should have added more to that to let us play a more varied free roam experience.

I was one of many who before this game thought it would be cool to add the Batmobile in the next game. But I never imagined it to be as boring and forced as the arcade gameplay of the Bat Tank would end up being. It's just ridiculous! Having played through the game, I can safely say that I would be happier if they had just ditched the Batmobile completely. Either that, or just have it in two or three segments for chases only. If a lack of an alive city is at the cost of the Bat Tank, it's a terrible trade.

EDIT: Oh and by the way The Joker, your post is spot on! Very well said!

Agree with all of that, Oscorp. :up:

Rocksteady made some major stumbles for me in this game.

I am happy they did not include civilians in the game. I am not happy that the Riddler challenges turned out to be such a pain in the ***.

I am happy they did not include civilians in the game. I am not happy that the Riddler challenges turned out to be such a pain in the ***.

After three games of that crap, were you really expecting them to be fun? :o

there was flaws to be sure but i would still give the game an 8 or 9/10
my biggest disappointments were
Two face barely being a factor, his writing was spot on but the last bank heist was such an after thought i didn't even realize i'd taken him out

and
Deathstroke......what the **** was that "Boss Battle"

I still stick by my score of 8.5/10

I can't agree with AngryJoe. No ****ing way Arkham Knight is one point better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

And The Joker, you know I hate TASM2 and I know you hate TASM2 but let me tell you TASM2 game is even worse and illogical than the film. There's a scene where Oscorp is under attack and Peter says he better go save Gwen and stuff AND GWEN IS NOT IN THE LEVEL OR EVEN IN THE GAME!!!!!

Also the graphics on the game. God lord, Aunt May is the thing of nightmares.

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean NYC is also just so disappointing compared to Gotham.

The_Amazing_Spider-Man_overlook.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Knight-e3-6.jpg

I know TASM2 is a movie tie in but I PLAYED THE ENTIRE GAME, got all the achievements, and traded it in 5 days later after I beat it for Tomb Raider. Seriously Gamestop gave me $45 for the game trading it in. Net loss of me for $5 but it came with 2 free movie tickets so I think I got a deal.

Last edited:
The only truly stupid parts in Angry Joe's review are when he's praising the Detective Mode reconstruction stuff when Arkham Origins is the one that came up with it, and his usual whining of no multiplayer.

Everything else was spot-on.

I can't agree with AngryJoe. No ****ing way Arkham Knight is one point better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

And The Joker, you know I hate TASM2 and I know you hate TASM2 but let me tell you TASM2 game is even worse and illogical than the film. There's a scene where Oscorp is under attack and Peter says he better go save Gwen and stuff AND GWEN IS NOT IN THE LEVEL OR EVEN IN THE GAME!!!!!

Also the graphics on the game. God lord, Aunt May is the thing of nightmares.

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean NYC is also just so disappointing compared to Gotham.

The_Amazing_Spider-Man_overlook.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Knight-e3-6.jpg

I know TASM2 is a movie tie in but I PLAYED THE ENTIRE GAME, got all the achievements, and traded it in 5 days later after I beat it for Tomb Raider. Seriously Gamestop gave me $45 for the game trading it in. Net loss of me for $5 but it came with 2 free movie tickets so I think I got a deal.

Yeah I don't agree with the 6/10 grade. It's at least a 7.5 grade. I watched his review. I can see why it wasn't posted here as there was a lot of swearing in it. But he made a lot of good points, and gave the game a lot of due credit. But he also highlighted a lot of the flaws. From the tedious Batmobile stuff, to the lack of good boss fights and side missions.

Btw I heard the TASM 2 game barely even follows the movie. Like Electro and Goblin are only in it once. Even the game developers didn't think much of it lol.

He's just a overzealous superman fanboy. and not the good kind.

I prefer Kwing, his reviews as well as basic Batman lore is entertaining. Bias to be sure but still I'd take that over Angry Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzwIHGPWtxd3SgNG9qlctg
Agreed, I too prefer Kwing.

The only truly stupid parts in Angry Joe's review are when he's praising the Detective Mode reconstruction stuff when Arkham Origins is the one that came up with it, and his usual whining of no multiplayer.

Yeah, that rubbed me the wrong way more considering he said 3 Batman games before Arkham Knight.

ok this is off topic but still bat man related Will Friedle who is known the role of Terry McGinnis but it'll be in a series of animated movies batman unlimited as Night wing .

he stated of all place here before this interview came to an end below .

9:41
[YT]rV67e8MHsz0[/YT]
Will Friedle Brings Star-Lord to Marvel LIVE! at San Diego Comic-Con 2015

• 13 minutes ago

and I really want that game the freaking WBM producer promised over at the L33t Live Lounge some time back when they were showing of the demo with Arkham Origins.

it doesn't have to be Arkhame related but it would be cool.

Last edited:

Agreed.

It's kind of sad looking back and seeing what Rocksteady decided to innovate on, and what they chose to just ignore. I think in retrospect I would've preferred more tight narratives like Asylum without the side quests, in parts of Gotham city that were actually populated, as opposed to increasingly large streets populated by nothing but criminals.

Story wise, it could have been improved greatly while still staying the same overall. I'm surprise no one has mentioned this. Ra's al Ghul should have been in the game. In losing Talia, he blames Batman and vows revenge. So he [BLACKOUT]takes one of Batman's sons. Jason.[/BLACKOUT]

I was actually thinking the same thing. Especially considering how it's never explained how the Arkham Knight got his army. Even the thugs around Gotham mention the money it must have cost to fund an army. Who was funding it?

I think Ra's, Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight should have been working together.

So, over at the WB boards it's going around that the supposed Batman '89 batsuit thumbnail isn't the Keaton batsuit, but the Batman Inc. suit, and that TDK/TDKR Batsuit is actually the batsuit from Arkham Origins (which would be funny for a number of reasons).

Feeling pretty deflated if those two, especially the latter, wind up being true.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Especially considering how it's never explained how the Arkham Knight got his army. Even the thugs around Gotham mention the money it must have cost to fund an army. Who was funding it?

I think Ra's, Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight should have been working together.

Hmm...could be something for later DLC?

I was very much expecting a connection to the League, what with all the money he was rolling in (it's mentioned early on that AK has a ton of money to burn) and the specialized katana wielding troops that seem like semi-ninjas to me. I'd be surprised if it wasn't covered later or something that got cut out or something.

So, over at the WB boards it's going around that the supposed Batman '89 batsuit thumbnail isn't the Keaton batsuit, but the Batman Inc. suit, and that TDK/TDKR Batsuit is actually the batsuit from Arkham Origins (which would be funny for a number of reasons).

Feeling pretty deflated if those two, especially the latter, wind up being true.

The TDK suit has the tagline "The suit Gotham deserves" so I doubt they'd use the AO suit, and I can't find the post but it was "confirmed" that it's the Batman Inc. suit and the Keaton suit is in fact not in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"