Batman Begins Batman Begins is the greatest Batman Film to me.

I prefer Bale's "I'm Batman". B89 was good in its day, but the thought of Mr. Mom being strong enough to dangle a man off a rooftop was not believable and you can see the glue up the back of his cowl.

batman-101.jpg

I prefer Bale's "I'm Batman". B89 was good in its day, but the thought of Mr. Mom being strong enough to dangle a man off a rooftop was not believable and you can see the glue up the back of his cowl.

So the actor did even better than everyone's thought... but his previous roles ruined it. Could I say that my mind cannot accept Jesus said "I'm Batman" either?

And seriously, what does that "glue" there have to do at all with the line?

I totally agree with the topic. All those movies got inspired by BATMAN. It is not only a fantastic movie but also has a philosophical discourses in it. Also, it got 8.3 on imdb

Whoa, I wasn't convinced, but THIS...

I think Cannikin is talking generally about Batman portrayals and using the line as an identifier.

batman-101.jpg

Im very confused by this statement. You really remember Keaton as Mr Mom? I more so remember him as psychos in Pacific Heights and Desperate Measures, and a very agressive drunk in Clean and Sober
keatonphysique.JPG

Even if you remember him most from one of the earliest movies hed done, still, Keaton is and always was very fit. I dont see an issue here
1992.jpg

As far as the glue, Jesus, it was the first time ever they created such suit. It was real trial by fire, and they spent a lot of R&D on it, it was something very new and experimental at best. Yet they came up with something so terrific its still used in Batman movies today (the idea of the suit being a black bodysuit). And by the way, that "scar" on the back of the neck is not glue, its just sculpted this way

The other Batman actors and the other Batman movies are all phony wanna be imposters.

What are you 12? this is such an immature and ignorant statement that Im not really sure if youre serious here

As for the topic at hand, Begins was always terrific for me. I hated the movie since its inception and was almost literally dragged to theater to see it. My last words before seeing me was "ok, wow me". But boy, it did, it sure did. In short, the movie has heart, emotional side and great action punch. This was the return to dark Batman I always hoped for since Forever came out

Last edited:
For me, I was too young to have seen his serious roles at the time. I'm not trashing him at all. He was my Batman until Bale came along. I don't even mention Clooney or Kilmer. Those movies were just bad dreams.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I chuckled at your Mr. Mom comment but by the time I was reading about your absurd thoughts on the glue I was rolling out of my seat and onto the floor.

:lmao:

I watched Batman last night and it wasn't bad. Certainly I think it is closer to the spirit of the comics than Nolan's Batman and Jack Nicholson was excellently sick as Joker. I prefer Nolan though.

I watched the first two the day before seeing TDKR.

This was my first time in a while seeing Begins. I've heard all of the criticism, both in this thread and beyond. And I conclude that I don't agree with a single iota of it. Begins is the perfect introduction to Batman. Such an incredible movie from beginning to end, it really is.

I watched the first two the day before seeing TDKR.

This was my first time in a while seeing Begins. I've heard all of the criticism, both in this thread and beyond. And I conclude that I don't agree with a single iota of it. Begins is the perfect introduction to Batman. Such an incredible movie from beginning to end, it really is.

It could be a nice introduction and all. But some of the criticism is beyond just an opinion, a feeling or an interpretation I think. I mean, they kept saying 'fear' for whatrever the reason, you couldn't follow Batman in the fights, the editing and the shaky camera were there and much of the dialogue was simply informative.

After seeing TDKR, I can safely say Begins is better. Much better.

TDK is still the best, IMO.

This film gets so much right - Batman surveillance in disguise, scalling walls and hanging from the sides of buildings in the rain, detective work,showing "how things work" I loved seeing how his eavesdropping equiptment fit in the ears (that made me smile when I saw it)..., atmosphere, examination of Bruce's psychology, Gotham as a character itself.

All this great stuff was dropped when Nolan began concentrating on epic scale and big themes, with some success in TDK and with very little to no success in TDKR.

BB does so much right and for me is a pretty great adaptation of the character.

Last edited:
After watching TDKR, I gotta say TDKR is my favorite Batman movie now :up:

It could be a nice introduction and all. But some of the criticism is beyond just an opinion, a feeling or an interpretation I think. I mean, they kept saying 'fear' for whatrever the reason, you couldn't follow Batman in the fights, the editing and the shaky camera were there and much of the dialogue was simply informative.

Oh I understand, I guess I see how others won't like many of those elements but none of them bother me. They did say 'fear' a lot but I didn't have an issue with it and I'll agree that the fighting was better in TDK(and it's amazing in TDKR). I just don't think any film gives us a better understanding of Bruce Wayne than this one.

I was about 12 or 13 when I first saw Begins, I remember sitting in that darkened theater and witnessing the greatest spectacle I'd ever seen. No other movie has come close to matching that. I don't quite feel the same way about Begins now, I recognize TDK as a far better movie but I still love this one.

Batman was more Batmanesque in Begins. All the theatricality and deception, owning the darkness, fear, etc.

In The Dark Knight they basically did away with all of this and he's just a guy in a suit that can beat people up. It negates the whole idea of Batman, i mean in The Dark Knight he could have just been a guy in body armor and a mask and not Batman, it wouldn't have made a difference. He was Batman in Begins.

In The Dark Knight they basically did away with all of this and he's just a guy in a suit that can beat people up. It negates the whole idea of Batman, i mean in The Dark Knight he could have just been a guy in body armor and a mask and not Batman, it wouldn't have made a difference. He was Batman in Begins.

Really? So the appearing and disappearing in the bank vault, the roof of Police HQ, gliding on his Batman cape in Hong Kong, at the Prewitt building etc, was just a guy in a mask and armor?

Yeah I don't think so. It was vintage Batman stuff.

I love all 3 films for different reasons..

-I really liked the portrayal of batman the best in Begins, hes a creature of the night...he blends in best to the city in this film as well.
-It has its annoying flaws (as do all films)...I think the tumbler chase was almost ruined by the constant cop yapping (and is it me or is the same cop seen in 3 different locations with dialogue meant for different people).
-the voice didnt distract as much, and unlike the other movies it allowed the scenes to sink in a little better.

Batman Begins is my favorite of the Nolan films. It's the least afraid of its comic book origins and is the first and, IMO, ONLY live-action Batman film to come closest to a fully-accurate interpretation of the character.

TDK is my second favorite, followed by TDKR.

I'm still waiting for a live-action adaptation to get the character and mythos as right as Batman: The Animated Series and the Arkham games have.

batman-101.jpg

If there's an award here for the stupidest post ever, you'd be most deserving.

I've never read such a stupid-ass, dumb-**** comment in my life.

I'm sure if I check your post history, though, I can be further amazed.

:whatever:

Since TDKR came out I'm having trouble rating each movie in the trilogy. I could never choose between BB and TDK and now I can't choose between all three and I guess I'm fine with that. They each do their part for the trilogy.

Since TDKR came out I'm having trouble rating each movie in the trilogy. I could never choose between BB and TDK and now I can't choose between all three and I guess I'm fine with that. They each do their part for the trilogy.

That's how you can tell that it's a great trilogy. The same way I feel with LOTR as well. There are good trilogies where I can choose which film I like the best such as Back to the Future or Indiana Jones, but with The Dark Knight Trilogy and LOTR, it's difficult to decide which is the best at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"