Batman Begins Batman Begins VS The Batman

Super_Ludacris said:
pointless but if it helps you be the school dropout you were destined to be, go on then
pffft. I make great grades.:)

Honestly tell me none of you have ever done that?
*cough*
Zer00
*cough*

oh, I didn't do it intentionally either, it was just funny as hell to see him worked up.

Many people need to start reading comics......hmmmm......I could always guide you through the world of Batman comics, fangrl.

I don't think she really cares. She was just trying to get a rise out of us.

I think that's exactly what CCB wants her to do. :o

Ah, the human sex gland. What will they think of next.

The original Batman was meant to be a dark and menacing character. He killed criminals, casually gunning them down or breaking their necks without remorse. Initially he even had problems with the police who viewed him as a nuisance.

Humor was not a major element. The appearance of such can be attributed from today's perspective. What was intended to be menacing in the late 30's/early 40's can easily be construed as campy/humorous today. The decision to include lighter fare later on was made to make the character more relateable to the it's audience of children (good relations with the police, Robin, more comic relief).

Bob Kane and Bill Finger stylized Batman on the old pulp magazines that were grim and lacking in humor. When the became clear that the character was a success, it underwent certain changes to maximize popularity. It's documented that Kane regretted the disappearance of the solitary and sinister Batman of the early days.

No way did Batman start out light-hearted, nor should he be portrayed that way.

edit: I wrote this awhile ago and now see that it wasn't necessary. Damn delayed loading.

But it was excellently put.

CConn said:
God dammit, I forgot the L. :down
Penny Marshall would be upset with you.

Batman Begins I belive to be better for me. I am not a child so "The Batman" can not appeal to even my most childish expectations.

fangrl06 said:
Actually...I don't really care. I just like to piss fanboys off. Beats homework.

So basically your a troll.

I said it before and I say it now:
The Batman = Jackie Chan Adventures :down
Batman Begins = A night with Jessica Alba :up:

I know someone who thought Jackie Chan did his own in the cartoon.

Begins all the way. They should scrap the batman and start over, it was a big disappointment to me, worse than michael jackson even, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"