Batman Begins vs Spider-Man: Homecoming --- Which is the better reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really a fair question, as while both are reboots, Begins is an origin story, whereas Homecoming is more like a sequel to a Spidey origin movie that Marvel wisely skipped making.

The Amazing Spider-Man or Batman Begins is more like it.

I like Homecoming, I think it's a decent Spider-Man film, but it doesn't really excite me apart from one or two scenes. Batman Begins however is my favorite Batman film, and quite possibly my favorite superhero film of all time. It's not even close for me when comparing the two.

Homecoming is the perfect example of a bland, inconsequential hollywood film. It's not good. It's not bad. It's just there. An inoffensive, invisible factory product churned out with the help of focus group charts and graphs.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Thread starter - are you trolling us? Don't insult Batman Begins...

Homecoming is the perfect example of a bland, inconsequential hollywood film. It's not good. It's not bad. It's just there. An inoffensive, invisible factory product churned out with the help of focus group charts and graphs.

It's actually a very clever and well written film that was hugely successful. You might be thinking of The Amazing Spider-Man, lol.

This feels like an odd comparison to make considering Spider Man was introduced in Civil War.

Homecoming was very enjoyable but Batman Begins by a country mile.

It's actually a very clever and well written film that was hugely successful. You might be thinking of The Amazing Spider-Man, lol.
Nope. That would have been an even bigger let down in comparison.

@Spider-Aziz : popular doesn't always equal quality.

All I know is TASM2 is extremely offensive!

Sorry, guys. I'm now officially ashamed for starting this thread lol. How do i close it?

You're joking, surely? Fargo is a very clever and well written movie. Spider-man Homecoming is patently generic, even for a fluffy Hollywood blockbuster.

You might be thinking I might be thinking about ASM if you believe ASM is generic and dull. It's not. ASM is bloody awful in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"