Batman Begins vs The Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer

Civilian
Reaction score
So, a lot of people like to talk about The Avengers vs The Dark Knight, but i actually think The Avengers is more comparable to Batman Begins, since Begins has a more typical super hero flick vibe than TDK and is way more straight forward in certain aspects. So, which do you think is the better movie overall, having into account these aspects: Plot, Character development, Acting, Music, Action and Cinematography?

But one is an origin movie and the other is a team up movie that has been built up over several movies.

Yap. We can still discuss wich one provides the best overall movie experience. TDK is also not very comparable to TA and people compare them all the time.

Avengers is compared to TDK all the time because they're both ground-breaking CBMs that are the best the genre has to offer.

Batman Begins isn't in the same league as Avengers and is a worse comparison than TDK.

Begins is easily the better movie. Better writing, fleshed out characters and interesting story to tell.

We should legitimately compare The Avengers with The Incredible Hulk Returns, because both have Hulk vs Thor, and then later both of them team up to fight a common enemy. Those two are comparable movies.

1744100-thor2.jpg

Avengers is compared to TDK all the time because they're both ground-breaking CBMs that are the best the genre has to offer.

Batman Begins isn't in the same league as Avengers and is a worse comparison than TDK.

I agree. It isn´t in the same league as Avengers. It´s 1 league above.

Avengers is a comic book that comes to life.

People forget how great the first experience of seeing Avengers for the first time.

Loki, Cap, Hulk, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor...

They all get their time in the sun and it's glorious.

After the first act, it fires on all cylinders. A true game changer in the superhero action movie genre.

So, to you. Begins didn´t change anything? Lol. You might be underestimating the importance of this movie. Begins was an entirely different approach to the comic book genre. It felt way more out of the box than The Avengers.

Begins started the whole "realistic, grounded" CBM trend which has become the bane of the genre.

Not sure why that would be a source of pride.

Begins definitely. To me, one is awful, the other is Batman Begins.

I get far more enjoyment from Begins.

Avengers is awful now?

Lmao, revisionist much?

Avengers will always be on of the highest rated CBMs.

Begins will always have the batsuit that makes Batman look like frog with a felt cape and have sorry excuses for action scenes.

Avengers is awful now?

Lmao, revisionist much?

Avengers will always be on of the highest rated CBMs.

Begins will always have the batsuit that makes Batman look like frog with a felt cape and have sorry excuses for action scenes.

Yes, to me it is, I find it awful and by far the worst thing from the MCU. It's not revisionist history to have a contrary opinion.

Begins started the whole "realistic, grounded" CBM trend which has become the bane of the genre.

Because it gave origin to the best and most successful SH trilogy ever? Because a lot of people loved it? Because i can watch it without feeling i´m spending my time with mindless entertainment?

Both were amazing. And very different movies.
Begins was one of the best solo origin movies. And the Avengers is the best team origin movie that I've seen yet.
When it comes to which one I enjoy the most, its the Avengers.

Because it gave origin to the best and most successful SH trilogy ever? Because a lot of people loved it? Because i can watch it without feeling i´m spending my time with mindless entertainment?

What makes Begins any less mindless than Avengers?

"Why do we fall? To get back up again"

:lmao:

CBM trend which has become the bane of the genre.
I'm sorry what? Since when did good stories become a bane to the genre compared to generic "aliens are invading and there is a magical macguffin" template?

What makes Begins any less mindless than Avengers?

"Why do we fall? To get back up again"

:lmao:

It's a good quote and important life lesson that most Americans for example don't understand: failure is the prerequisite to success. It's also a quote the movie itself lives up to, because it's about Bruce's training to become Batman.

There's a huge section of the book by Pixar's founder Ed Catmull, "Creativity Inc", which is a book that deals with how to create a creative environment, where he discusses the benefits of frequent failure. Perhaps you wish to laugh at Pixar's founder as well?

Last edited:
It's a good quote and important life lesson that most Americans for example don't understand: failure is the prerequisite to success. It's also a quote the movie itself lives up to, because it's about Bruce's training to become Batman.

There's a huge section of the book by Pixar's founder Ed Catmull, "Creativity Inc", which is a book that deals with how to create a creative environment, where he discusses the benefits of frequent failure. Perhaps you wish to laugh at Pixar's founder as well?

Oh, please.

The lesson might be relevant to the average entrepreneur but it's phrased in the most ridiculous "baby speak" way. Not the mention that it's supposed to be somehow central to the "world's greatest detective" development as a world class superhero.

It would be like young Lex Luthor hearing "small blocks make bigger blocks" on Sesame Street and that somehow becomes a central theme in Justice League: Dawn of Justice.

Why shouldn't it be a source of pride when it was used so brilliantly in Nolan's movies? Just because other movies have mishandled it (I'm looking at you TASM), doesn't mean Begins should be ashamed for the failure of other movies trying to mimic it effectively.

Oh, please.

The lesson might be relevant to the average entrepreneur but it's phrased in the most ridiculous "baby speak" way. Not the mention that it's supposed to be somehow central to the "world's greatest detective" development as a world class superhero.

It would be like young Lex Luthor hearing "small blocks make bigger blocks" on Sesame Street and that somehow becomes a central theme in Justice League: Dawn of Justice.

Of course it's phrased in baby-speak, it's Thomas Wayne speaking to an eight year old.

Anyhow, though you may think it's obvious the vast majority of the public does not realise that failure is a prerequisite to success. They may know it rationally but they don't realise it emotionally. People fear failure.

I'm sorry what? Since when did good stories become a bane to the genre compared to generic "aliens are invading and there is a magical macguffin" template?

Lost of great movies have macguffins: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan, and Maltese Falcon.

and Batman Begins is a good story?

It has good actors and everything but it really lacks a third act that can compare to any great film/story.

It falls into the same tropes of the typical action movie without the mind-blowing visuals and thrilling set pieces of Avengers.

Of course it's phrased in baby-speak, it's Thomas Wayne speaking to an eight year old.

Anyhow, though you may think it's obvious the vast majority of the public does not realise that failure is a prerequisite to success. They may know it rationally but they don't realise it emotionally. People fear failure.

And what does that have to do with Batman?

A steel-minded genius determined to be the world's greatest crime fighter days after his parents are killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"