Batman Begins vs The Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nolanites got Batman Begins up to 8,3 on IMDb, who got The Avengers up to 8,2? Whedonites?

No. Apparently all the great ratings for The Avengers and Marvel movies in general are legitimate. And if by any chance, in any site, you stumble upon a DC movie with a better rating, it means something´s fishy.

And my response was in regards to greens. I disagree with you. I think when you take all the reviews, scores, audiences reactions, sales etc like I said, it shows the general response with fans, audiences and critics were a bit better then Bat Begins. It's the best way to gauge that imo. Your personal opinion on that matter will not change mine.

Do I think that matters to ones personal opinion on the overall film and quality itself to the point where it's not up for discussion? No, films are subjective and opinions change. Your misinterpreting my view there.

You´re basing that conclusion off RT, and nothing more, ignoring every other site and poll where Begins actually has better reviews, including this thread. Basically, you´re only taking into account what suits you better.

You´re basing that conclusion off RT, and nothing more, ignoring every other site and poll where Begins actually has better reviews, including this thread. Basically, you´re only taking into account what suits you better.

No I'm not. Go back and read my posts. Been trying to account for everything. Please add to things I forgot without discrediting everything I mention and how they work in, instead of coming up with these ridiculous conclusions on how this suits me better. Meta critic only holds 40- 43 critic reviews. So of Course I'm gonna use the average critic score of Rotten Tomatoes to prove that point since it holds the same reviews plus over 200 more. If that doesn't make sense, then explain why.

Again, I don't give a ****. I like both. Dark Knight and Avengers are actually my favorite cbms, but I'll probably give the edge to TDK. Bat Begins is def up there for me. Reading your past posts with Marvel films you seem hell bent on thrashing them for some reason with barely any posts to your name. I don't know what your deal is.

Last edited:
No I'm not. Go back and read my posts. Been trying to account for everything. Please add to things I forgot without discrediting everything I mention and how they work in, instead of coming up with these ridiculous conclusions on how this suits me better. Meta critic only holds 40- 43 critic reviews. So of Course I'm gonna use the average critic score of Rotten Tomatoes to prove that point since it holds the same reviews plus over 200 more. If that doesn't make sense, then explain why.

Again, I don't give a ****. I like both. Dark Knight is actually my favorite cbm, and Bat Begins is up there. Reading your past posts with Marvel films you seem hell bent on thrashing them for some reason. I don't know what your deal is.

Ok, so we should discard metacritic because it only has 43 votes. We should also discard their user rating. I guess 1000 plus votes is also not enough.

What about IMDB? Nolanites, right? Ok. So i guess the only valid site is RT.

You basically said the results of this thread were meaningless because they don´t represent the opinion of everyone who comes to this site. Ok. What other "fan-based" poll you have at hand so we can see wich one was better received amongst the fans?

BTW: If this poll doesn´t represent the general fan opinion, why do you think RT represents the general audience opinion? The majority of people who watched the movie didn´t even vote, so i don´t know why would you look at RT´s score as such definitive answer to wich is better.

WTF are you talking about? I counted IMDB on the previous page. Metacrtic has the same reviews as RT there. Again, I'm taking in everything. Not just one. And why are you sayng "Nolanites" like I made that comment?

No lets not discredit the metacritic fan rating, because that's something I actually didn't include.

Start reading my posts.

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about? I counted IMDB on the previous page. Metacrtic has the same reviews as RT there.

No lets not discredit their fan rating, because that's something I actually didn't include.

Start actually reading my posts.

So, RT>>>IMDB, that´s why we can come to the conclusion that The Avengers has an advantage amongst critics, fans and general audience. Is that it?

We're done here. At this point I think your just either baiting, or incapable of understanding how to look at everything.

We're done here. At this point I think your just baiting.

No. I was just trying to understand where you get your definitive data from, and what makes you so sure of all those things you claimed. It seems you´re not prepared to answer. I respect that.

That´s not true at all. Warner has been interested in creating their own shared universe for decades and came very, very, very close to do it in 2008, way before the Avengers. In the 90´s and early 2000´s there were also other projects that involved Batman and Superman in the same movie. Warner didn´t need The Avengers to come up with the conclusion that a shared universe would be a good idea. Yeah, Marvel took that big step first, but that doesn´t really mean anything, since they weren´t the first to make an effort to create something of this type. That idea was there way before MCU, like most of the ideas involving the Super Hero genre.

The work on Avengers started the moment Marvel Studios was formed and Nick Fury showed up in a post credit scene in Iron Man, and Robert Downey Jr. showed up for a cameo role in The Incredible Hulk.

You are correct, that Warner Brothers was planning a Justice League movie. It was not a shared universe movie, it was a one off Justice League movie where Armie Hammer was cast as Batman. Chris Nolan was pissed that Warner was taking away from his Dark Knight Trilogy and the project was scrapped. Comments from Geoff Johns at that time were disparaging of what Marvel was doing.

That is until Avengers became a colossal hit, and two months later Warner announces they are creating a Justice League script, that was later scrapped, and ended up becoming Batman vs. Superman.

No. I was just trying to understand where you get your definitive data from, and what makes you so sure of all those things you claimed. It seems you´re not prepared to answer. I respect that.

Considering C. Lee called you out on the other thread, you might want to consider toning down your rhetoric.

The work on Avengers started the moment Marvel Studios was formed and Nick Fury showed up in a post credit scene in Iron Man, and Robert Downey Jr. showed up for a cameo role in The Incredible Hulk.

You are correct, that Warner Brothers was planning a Justice League movie. It was not a shared universe movie, it was a one off Justice League movie where Armie Hammer was cast as Batman. Chris Nolan was pissed that Warner was taking away from his Dark Knight Trilogy and the project was scrapped. Comments from Geoff Johns at that time were disparaging of what Marvel was doing.

That is until Avengers became a colossal hit, and two months later Warner announces they are creating a Justice League script, that was later scrapped, and ended up becoming Batman vs. Superman.

But Warner Bros. has been developing scripts starring Batman and Superman for decades. You make it sound like they had that fantastic idea after The Avengers, when in fact, they have been trying to do it for a long, long, long time. The "influence" you talk about is purely speculative, and honestly, i don´t believe in it, because i simply have no reason to.

Considering C. Lee called you out on the other thread, you might want to consider toning down your rhetoric.

I don´t care. Believe me when i tell you. I´m 100% sure i´m not saying anything that you or the rest of the users don´t say. The way i give my opinions is not more offensive than the way you do it. I´m not offending anybody. I´m just giving my opinions. You don´t have to like it. I´m not here to please you. And i´m not here to please C.Lee. Yeah, he can ban me, but i´m still not gonna talk the way you or C.Lee want me to talk. If it bothers you or him, deal with it. Ban me. I´m pretty sure my life will go on after that.

The only reason why it bothers you and some people is because i´m talking bad about stuff you like. That´s the only reason. If i was trashing TASM2, you wouldn´t say anything to me. I guarantee you.

Last edited:
Wow, anyone want to take the over/under on when Killer gets a forum vacation?

Killer this may surprise you but there are hundreds of DC fans on this site, who think DC/Warner movies kick the Marvel movies ass, but the difference between them and you is they don't harass/bait people with flame posts.

You ain't staying here long, Killer. Have fun while it lasts :up:

Killer this may surprise you but there are hundreds of DC fans on this site, who think DC/Warner movies kick the Marvel movies ass, but the difference between them and you is they don't harass/bait people with flame posts.
Exactly.
There's level headed discussions about what you do or don't like, and then there's intentionally stirring the pot and getting defensive when called out over it. I've already seen two mods say something to him and he shows no sign of stopping, and is now even playing the victim card. I'm giving him another week, tops.

No. There´s no difference between them and me. I´ve just been more active and vocal lately with unpopular opinions, wich bothers you and the fans of the movies i talk bad about.

As i proved before, you´re more offensive than me, so i don´t know why are you so concerned with the way i express myself.

Let´s take a look at your respectful way of expressing opinions:

Ultra Nolanite, knock it off.

You actually directly insult people. You´ve done it with me. I don´t see the way you express yourself being any less offensive than mine.

You ain't staying here long, Killer. Have fun while it lasts :up:

Exactly.
There's level headed discussions about what you do or don't like, and then there's intentionally stirring the pot and getting defensive when called out over it. I've already seen two mods say something to him and he shows no sign of stopping, and is now even playing the victim card. I'm giving him another week, tops.

Can you please explain how am i stirring the pot? If you say something to me that i don´t agree with, i´m gonna say something to you. Is that stirring the plot? If that bothers you, you´re in the wrong place.

Now let me ask you something: Going from thread to thread(like you and Tony Stark do), not discussing the subject, but simply harassing people because of the way they express themselves, isn´t that stirring the pot? Because that´s exactly what it seems to be. You come here just to point your finger at me, trying to start an argument over that. That´s stirring the pot. Discussing something on-topic without insults isn´t.

Again, no one cares about your opinions, you are baiting and trolling and it's pretty obvious. Yes I told a guy to knock it off, I'm telling you to knock it off. C. Lee told you to knock it off and he's the head site mod.

When he either bans you or suspends you, don't say you weren't warned.

Again, no one cares about your opinions, you are baiting and trolling and it's pretty obvious. Yes I told a guy to knock it off, I'm telling you to knock it off. C. Lee told you to knock it off and he's the head site mod.

What are you talking about? This is totally constructive, non-combative, intelligent discussion :o
A movie with poor character development, uneven script and a subpar villain is hardly the best CB movie ever made.
I´m not even a TASM2 fanboy. I´m a TDK fanboy. Enjoy its RT score, that trashes your beloved Captain America, champ.
Yeah, for sure. The friendship between Captain America and a shockingly underdeveloped and forgetable character was very emotional...NOT.

BTW, GOTG´s humour was so dumb and juvenile that i was shocked that so many people loved it. People are truly content with mediocrity. For some reason, movies with cheesy one liners and characters acting as dumb as they can be are viewed as "great humour". I guess anything sounds funnier when is coming out of the mouth of a CB character, even if it´s the kind of easy and predictable humour you can find on internet forums on a daily basis. That´s the only explanation can find.

I miss comedies with some wit to it.
Flint Marko, like many other Marvel fans, is really not interested in accepting the possibility that a movie he enjoys to see being hated might, indeed, be a victim of other factors outside of its quality as an action flick.

Everyone, simmer down and stop trashing each other or else people are getting infracted and the thread is being closed. This includes EVERYBODY. Not just those trashing select movies.

What are you talking about? This is totally constructive, non-combative, intelligent discussion :o

I like how you took absolutely everything out of context, not even presenting the posts of those who i was responding to.

Yeah, i said the friendship between Captain America and Bucky was shockingly underdeveloped. Is that a crime or something? Am i allowd to say i think something is badly done?

And then a guy answers me this:

More emotional than a bland cgi-cartoon like ASM2. Enjoy your 53% on Rotten Tomatoes though, champ.

But i´m the bad guy, right? I´m totally going around trying to stirr the pot, by giving my opinion on what i don´t like. I guess the guys who call me "champ" out of nowhere and tell me to enjoy my "53% on Rotten Tomatoes though" are just playing by the rules. Maybe that´s why you don´t say anything to them, right?

Oh, wait, you don´t say anything to them because they agree with your opinion on movies. That´s really the only reason.

No! You are baiting and trolling. Otherwise you would just shut up and stay on-topic. I don´t need you to tell me how i should talk. I don´t like the way you talk, i don´t like your opinions, but i don´t follow you through all the threads you post "warning you" about your behaviour.

Oh, and btw, weren´t you just warned too by a moderator? So shut up.I created this topic in order to discuss something. Nobody here is interesting in your opinions about me. Don´t have anything to say about the topic, don´t waste your time here.

Last edited:
Everyone, simmer down and stop trashing each other or else people are getting infracted and the thread is being closed. This includes EVERYBODY. Not just those trashing select movies.

Why don´t you just delete the posts of these guys who come here to start an argument over something that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic? Last time i checked, i was discussing Batman vs The Avengers, until these two guys invaded the topic.

Why don´t you just delete the posts of these guys who come here to start an argument over something that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic? Last time i checked, i was discussing Batman vs The Avengers, until these two guys invaded the topic.

I would suggest that you chill....

SF gave a warning to everyone, let's heed the warning and move on.

I would suggest that you chill....

SF gave a warning to everyone, let's heed the warning and move on.

I understand. But i created this topic with a purpose. I don´t know why these guys have to come here to start crap that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

I understand. But i created this topic with a purpose. I don´t know why these guys have to come here to start crap that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Just because you start the thread does not mean you mod it. :yay:

And why don't you actually read my instructions. I said everyone needs to chill out. Then you proceed to call people out. Again. After I told everyone to stop. Get this in mind: This includes YOU. I don't care if you like it or not. Last time I checked, this is an open thread for people to share their opinions. Not a thread to let you be a topic Nazi. Now, insults and such I will handle. But, don't tell me how to do my job.

Thank you

And why don't you actually read my instructions. I said everyone needs to chill out. Then you proceed to call people out. Again. After I told everyone to stop. Get this in mind: This includes YOU. I don't care if you like it or not. Last time I checked, this is an open thread for people to share their opinions. Not a thread to let you be a topic Nazi. Now, insults and such I will handle. But, don't tell me how to do my job.

Thank you

I´ve already been insulted in this topic and you didn´t handle it. I´m not telling you how to do your "job". I´m just stating the facts.

And now your topic is closed. Enjoy. Hopefully you learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"