Batman Beyond as the next Batman film???

blalex620

Comics, Books, Games
Reaction score
The producer of the Dark Knight trilogy just stated he would love a Batman Beyond live-action movie.

I personally would love to see BB as a live movie because I loved the show as a kid

How does everyone feel about it? Sound off!!

Yep same guy I was speaking about

Here is the link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/25/batman-exec-producer-uslan-geeks-out-over-batman-beyond-movie

Michael Uslan, producer of several Batman movies stated the following:
"Now if I could put my 'fanboy hat' on, not my 'producer hat.' How cool would it be to see a Batman Beyond movie? Bruce Wayne in his 80s training a young Batman. And how cool would it be to see Clint Eastwood as Bruce Wayne in his 80s?!"

I would love to see an adaptation of the Beyond universe on the big screen. Just get Bruce Timm and Paul Dini involved.

Doesn't he have like zero creative influence?

Doesn't he have like zero creative influence?

I think so but with him being the producer on so many Batman films I'm sure he could get a team to work on a Beyond film

I think so but with him being the producer on so many Batman films I'm sure he could get a team to work on a Beyond film

Yes. Realistically speaking it's a long shot, seeing the plans for the Justice League and all. But it's a fun idea.

I don't see it happening. At least not because of his efforts.

In about 10 years it will happen. Which is good timing in a way because once a Justice League happens (with a possible sequel in 2018) and 2 to 3 Bat-solos (with a primed up Bruce Wayne)...they wont be looking to reboot but to do something fresh.

Batman Beyond will be the perfect concept right after. The bad timing is only to do with Uslans suggestion. Clint Eastwood as Bruce Wayne. I dont think Clint would do it anyway but the only time to go for it would be in a few years. That wont happen unless they really shake things up and keep JL Batman young and exclusive while tying a Batman Beyond franchise with Clint playing the older Bruce and another younger actor in the role of Terry. Which sounds confusing for the general audience.

So 10 years sounds like the better plan. But with another actor who may be in his 60s or 70s at the moment taking what could have been Clints spot.

There's also the amalgamation idea that WB may step into. Y'know..the 1 thing the fanboys hate. Making Blake Batman in Justice League. If this happens you can bet ur ass WB will take Uslans suggestion and run with it. They'll do a Batman Beyond (instead of it being close to Bladerunner, it will be closer to Looper) with JGL's John Blake, replacing a character like McGinnis for Blake, and do a version of Beyond. They'll write a script with hopes in getting Levitt and Bale on board and if they dont accept it'll become another fan-fiction like Aronofskys Year One. Which is bound to happen.

Seems like there's only 1 option. a 2020's Batman Beyond. The cartoon coming to life. Set in the far distant future.

Honestly, I think Batman Beyond is vastly too obscure to be worth it. Yes, fans might find it cool, but everyone else will be going "What the hell is this?"

Like with any other movie, they'll just have to deal with a new and fresh concept and story that they dont know anything about. It's close minded to think that it's too obscure enough. This is not the Court of Owls or a Hush solo movie. This is still a Batman movie. Bruce Wayne is still a large part of the story. And visually it can knock people back a few feet and make them go "Holy ****. I remember this as a cartoon back in the day". Or "What the hell is this? New Batman movie but it looks really strange, wonder what that's about".

If you generate interest AND slap the Batman name on it, it'll be fine.

Honestly, I think Batman Beyond is vastly too obscure to be worth it. Yes, fans might find it cool, but everyone else will be going "What the hell is this?"
It's no more "vastly too obscure" than Iron-Man was at the time.
It's Batman + in the future, what's "everyone else" not going to get?:funny:

Last edited:
Look at Marvel coming from completely left field with Guardians of the Galaxy a movie about a rag tag team of space heroes
If the public can accept this they can accept a Batman set in the future about the successor to the mantle

I'd like to see Blight and Inque in live action movies. I think Inque has the most potential as a movie villain.

I want this to happen. No, I NEED this to happen. :o

Honestly though the idea of it has always been exciting for years and I'm always rewatching BB eps via youtube. The thought of seeing the Beyond suit in live action alone is awesome. Not really big on the choice of Eastwood though.

Look at Marvel coming from completely left field with Guardians of the Galaxy a movie about a rag tag team of space heroes
If the public can accept this they can accept a Batman set in the future about the successor to the mantle

Agreed. With some of this other stuff they are trying to come out with in movies BB doesnt seem far fetched.I've always said as long as they do it right it can be successful.

it is kind of batman with an iron man suit, but in the freaking future. what's not to like. flying car, an old bruce wayne who is now the more badass and cooler version of alfred. sounds like a no brainer.

I would love it if they made a Batman Beyond movie/franchise. Esp if they adapted Return of the Joker for the 2nd/3rd film, it would be amaze-balls.

Was watching Fight Club and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo the past two days, there something about them just really made me think that if this Batman Beyond movie were to come about, that David Fincher would be the best director for the job.

Bruce Willis for Bruce Wayne!

Eastwood is cool, but I think he'll be a bit too old. Bruce will be in his 60s and he's still kicking ass. Just for some reason while watching TDKReturns, I kept thinking Bruce Willis IS Bruce Wayne.

Bruce Willis is nothing like Bruce Wayne. I don't get it.

Well, I guess they're both 'Bruce W.'

I'm not saying Bruce Willis the actor, I'm saying a lot of the roles Bruce Willis takes on in films. He holds a certain weight and gravitas around him and he's a lot more than just an action hero - he's also a great actor.

The way they carry themselves is. Bruce Willis just has that brooding aura about him. And this look that tells you - he's seen a lot of ****. That's part of the reason why he works so much as an action hero. You can instantly believe he's been through a lot and always comes out the other side. He also has a tough as nails aspect about him, yet a paternal side in taking care of others. But, one where you know he won't take bull **** from anybody.

Plus for some reason the physicality of Bruce in 'The Dark Knight Returns' really reminds me of Bruce's build.

Last edited:
i also don't like eastwood for an old bruce wayne. even in his prime eastwood never had the shoulders or build for him. not saying he should be a musclebound guy, just someone who looks like he was in great shape when he was younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"