Batman Beyond live-action movie slated on 2007/2008?

Not true.

A project like that would've attracted a s**t-load of attention already, and we would've gotten an official word from WB by now.

Not to mention there's no mention of it on any of the major movie sites except that one.

There is no way that is true, unless WB wants to ruin Batman...

Also, you can tell its a lie by having Sam Raimis name attached to it...

I do find it odd however, that they're all acting like it's such a sure thing. It's almost like they're rollplaying. :o

It maybe in talks for maybe later. To me they added old and wishful thinking news. Raimi as a director? ( wishful thinking) Now Boaz Yakin was rumored on time when Arnofsky was going to do Batman: Year One.
Eastwood as Bruce looks like dream casting as does Gyllenhaal who was going to replace Maguire in Spider-Man 2 because of Tobey's back injury.
Sounds like they are taking old Spider-Man news and mixing it in with old Batman Beyond news.
As far as I know no plans are being made about Batman Beyond. It has yet to be greenlit by WB.

The Ceb-Man!

It was thrown around to be produced for a while, but after Begins started to...begin, they preety much shelved it. Which is unfortunate, I liked Batman Beyond. :( Oh well, at least there's Begins! :D

I actually wouldn't be surprised if a Beyond movie was made in the distant future. After BB's series of movies fizzle out, there'll really be nowhere else to go with Batman.

bingy13 said:
There is no way that is true, unless WB wants to ruin Batman...

Oh, well then, I'd say it's definitely gonna happen. :p

Jochimus said:
Oh, well then, I'd say it's definitely gonna happen. :p
That's all in the past. WB will be reborn with BB, SR, WW, and Flash!

...I hope. :o

to be honest I havent herdanything,but love the idea of it!!!
alot better then another superman movie that isn't the death and return of!!!

This rumour is totally false because it doesn't make sense to have two seperate Batman franchises featuring a "present" and "future" Batman released at the same time of each other.
Maybe ten years from now Batman Beyond could become a reality once the new franchise is completed.

The boat for a Batman Beyond movie sailed a LONG time ago.

BATMAN BEYOND died a long time before even YEAR ONE got off the ground, or BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN. It was a concept, nothing more, and never apparently got off the ground at all, even in terms of a decent script.

Why? There was a cartoon. The cartoon was, in it's essence, an extension of another cartoon. The whole point was that it was the future of the cartoon Batman. The cartoon was good, but it also had many, many things that just wouldn't work real well on film. And BATMAN BEGINS has launched Batman into a new franchise. I doubt we'll see anymore BEYOND stuff.

American_Hobo said:
I read a thread in countingdown.com and someone said Batman Beyond movie slated for 2007/2008 release...
Looks more like rumor to me, but does anybody know that if this is true?

here's the link.
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1409/board?viewpost=3674675&folder=0

Where did you hear new movie coming from? Does hear about rumor coming true about new Batman Beyond coming soon in around 2008? Can you have find out more information about new movie. Thanks! :)

ScottysAir said:
Where did you hear new movie coming from? Does hear about rumor coming true about new Batman Beyond coming soon in around 2008? Can you have find out more information about new movie. Thanks! :)

didnt you read this thread? its fake.

Batman Begins was a gift and a curse to us fans. It allowed us a awesome Batman movie. But at a couple of expenses. (1) we'll never see a young Bruce Wayne on Smallville. (2) We'll never have a Batman Beyond live-action movie. (which sucks)

There may well be a YOUNG BRUCE WAYNE TV series someday, though, when SMALLVILLE finishes it's run and depending how MERCY REEF/AQUAMAN does. Why does not having a live-action BATMAN BEYOND movie suck? BATMAN BEYOND was conceived as a continuation of the ANIMATED series to begin with. It belongs in the animated realm, and there was a solid movie to wrap things up there.

At least, they could bring back the animated series with a couple more movies then.

Why? What's left to explore without creating entirely new angles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"