Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Keaton and Bale are the still the best Batmen

If you disagree you’re wrong

West is also acceptable

Don't be ridiculous, they didn't come up with the story on the fly. They worked on for as long as they worked on the first two. And Bruce retiring at the end, with a smile on his face, was discussed around the Begins era if they ever had a chance to tell more stories. Joker or not.

What does Ledger have to do with what we're all talking about? Also, shoehorned into the sequels? WHAT are you talking about? You're also the only person i've ever encountered who called Scarecrow's cameos "eye rolling".

Nolan would never come back to make another Batman movie. It will never happen. The only thing that could happen is Nolan telling Bale to go for it, if Christian was offered the chance to return in a new universe.

I think my point went over your head.

Rises had a weak ending that Doesn’t align at all with my vision of Batman

Stories like Batman Beyond and TDKR are far more in line with the way Batman’s story should end

Itd be a dream come true to get a proper final chapter to Batman’s story with Michael Keaton. God that’d be amazing

Rises is good. But I really do think Batman Beyond and TDKR are far more satisfying takes on Batman’s later stages

Wish we could’ve gotten one more Nolan Batman film.

Imagine if Rises wasn’t the final chapter and was based more on Knightfall and No Man’s Land, taking out the TDKR elements

Then the fourth movie could feature a return of Heath’s Joker along with Brittany Murphy’s Harley Quinn. Base itt on TDKR and ASHOSE. **** that would’ve been so much better. We needed one more appearance from Heath. So ****ing sad

I’ll say this... Robin John Blake is the single greatest Batman character to ever grace the big screen

We both know you're trolling Rorschach hahaha.

Let's get back to the topic of casting. Yes, Keaton would be perfection in Beyond. He's the only actor they can get in my opinion. Otherwise, don't bother doing it for like another 50 years lol. You need an actor that was in the role previously, for it to work. That's why it worked with Conroy so well. Especially with live-action Batman Beyond, where the whole concept is going to be a much harder sell.

As for THIS universe. Bale would destroy. Whoever says they don't want that, or wouldn't be excited, pfftt you're all in the minority because the internet would explode. You have NO idea how crazy social media will be leading up to that release.

But realistically, it's going to go to a new actor. As long as it's not an actor like Ben Affleck who is signed just based on his looks/name recognition...i'm down.

At this point i just want Affleck to go. He was truly good in BvS, not great. But in JL, he really dropped the ball. You can tell he stopped trying.

Jake Gyllenhaal has been the best choice for this for a long time. He should've been cast for BvS. Glad he wasn't though.

Affleck will unfortunately be remembered along with the likes of Kilmer and Clooney.

I want a complete recast for this universe tbh. Don't connect it to the DCEU.

I'd rather see Armie Hammer than Jake Gyllenhaal.

Nah bro

Henry Cavill should leave too. 3 movies and he completely fails to leave an impression.

Imagine this

Superman - Armie Hammer
Batman - Jake Gyllenhaal

I think my point went over your head.
Your point was that they couldn't link Nolan's films to the new ones. You just didn't express it very well. And Ledger is not the key to continuing that universe. It's irrelevant. Yes, we know Nolan wouldn't recast the Joker, but that universe could continue without that character. Opinions aren't facts. Just because you think Nolan threw a story together on the fly, doesn't make it true. Just because you think we didn't get closure from "its most interesting character/dangling plot thread" aka The Joker, doesn't mean that's true or that they couldn't continue that universe.

It's not realistic to think Bale would return, i get that. But the most realistic option is for Bale to play a whole new version of the character, with a new Joker (if Reeves wants to include him).

giphy.gif

Your point was that they couldn't link Nolan's films to the new ones. You just didn't express it very well. And Ledger is not the key to continuing that universe. It's irrelevant. Yes, we know Nolan wouldn't recast the Joker, but that universe could continue without that character. Opinions aren't facts. Just because you think Nolan threw a story together on the fly, doesn't make it true. Just because you think we didn't get closure from "its most interesting character/dangling plot thread" aka The Joker, doesn't mean that's true or that they couldn't continue that universe.

It's not realistic to think Bale would return, i get that. But the most realistic option is for Bale to play a whole new version of the character, with a new Joker (if Reeves wants to include him).

That wasn't my point at all. In fact, my point had nothing to do with that at all.

At this point i just want Affleck to go. He was truly good in BvS, not great. But in JL, he really dropped the ball. You can tell he stopped trying.

Jake Gyllenhaal has been the best choice for this for a long time. He should've been cast for BvS. Glad he wasn't though.

Affleck will unfortunately be remembered along with the likes of Kilmer and Clooney.

I want a complete recast for this universe tbh. Don't connect it to the DCEU.
Same. Just get rid of him! I thought he was serviceable in BvS. Some fine moments early on, then it went downhill towards the end. In Justice League he was just awful.

Jake is a better actor than Armie Hammer with more versatility. I can see Jake being intimidating no problem. I like Hammer for the part, especially standing side by side with Cavill in a Justice League (Man From Uncle anyone?). But i don't believe him as an intimidating force yet. And i don't know if he would play batman the same as Bruce (like Affleck did) or what. Gyllenhaal is way more believable for me. I'll take a fantastic actor with dynamics over anyone else. I don't care if he doesn't look the part as much. Look at Daniel Craig. Jake would be the "Daniel Craig pick".

Right now i'm with you on the complete recasting of EVERYONE. Amy Adams is boring in this role, she's a fish out of water, playing an unlikable Lois. Cavill is beyond wooden. I'm OK with another Superman movie with them, just to see what he's got when he's finally with a good director. But i wouldn't shed a tear if they were done after this.

Simmons and Irons are boring as these characters so i really don't care. The last thing Alfred and Gordon should be is "boring".

FINALLY. Someone agrees that Amy Adams is a bad Lois. Being a great actress=/=being great in every role.

Erica Durance and Margot Kidder were far superior. Amy was just never right for the part.

And Ezra Miller was the worst casting in JL. Just horribly unfunny.

Recast the DCEU. Scrap the DCEU. Whatever you gotta do.

Nobody has worked in their role except for Gal Gadot.

and DUDE. I thought I was an ass for not liking JK and Jeremy Irons (two great actors) as Gordon and Alfred. They didn't work for me. Scrap em.

Sean Bean as Alfred
Cranston as Gordon

Those mofos ^ could actually rival Caine and Oldman.

You can get away with using Michael Gough with multiple Batman actors because, well, it's Michael ****ing Gough.

Irons is directly associated with Affleck, and is certainly not as memorable in the role as Michael Gough was (or even Michael Caine for that matter). He was just there to down scotch and pick at Batfleck's love life. You drop Ben Affleck, I think you drop Jeremy Irons too. And given how limited his role was in JL, I don't see why you need to keep J.K. Simmons either.

If I'm WB, I'm telling Reeves to do whatever the **** he wants.

FINALLY. Someone agrees that Amy Adams is a bad Lois. Being a great actress=/=being great in every role.

Erica Durance and Margot Kidder were far superior. Amy was just never right for the part.

And Ezra Miller was the worst casting in JL. Just horribly unfunny.

Recast the DCEU. Scrap the DCEU. Whatever you gotta do.

Nobody has worked in their role except for Gal Gadot.

and DUDE. I thought I was an ass for not liking JK and Jeremy Irons (two great actors) as Gordon and Alfred. They didn't work for me. Scrap em.

Sean Bean as Alfred
Cranston as Gordon

Those mofos ^ could actually rival Caine and Oldman.
I think Ezra and Momoa are fine in their roles, they just need to tone down the surfer beer drinking element. And tone down the Peter Parker stuff for Flash. Not every word that comes out of his mouth needs to be a friggin joke either.

Amy should have been Rachel Dawes after helping with the Batman auditions. There is one name who NEEDS to replace Amy in this role. LIZZY CAPLIN.

I'm totally good with Cranston and Bean. Warming up to Bean a lot now. Cranston won't take it though. I think he turned down Gordon before Snyder settled on Simmons (we should probably take this to the reboot casting thread lol). Kurt Russell REPRESENT!

You can get away with using Michael Gough with multiple Batman actors because, well, it's Michael ****ing Gough.

Irons is directly associated with Affleck, and is certainly not as memorable in the role as Michael Gough was (or even Michael Caine for that matter). He was just there to down scotch and pick at Batfleck's love life. You drop Ben Affleck, I think you drop Jeremy Irons too. And given how limited his role was in JL, I don't see why you need to keep J.K. Simmons either.

If I'm WB, I'm telling Reeves to do whatever the **** he wants.
Good point about Gough. He was associated with success, so why not keep him? Same with Hingle, even though it would not have made a difference if they recast him back then.

Irons is now associated with failure, and he probably agrees that it sucks too. They can always recast Bruce and Alfred, but keep Simmons. But he reminded me of Jameson from Raimi movies too much.

I think Ezra and Momoa are fine in their roles, they just need to tone down the surfer beer drinking element. And tone down the Peter Parker stuff for Flash. Not every word that comes out of his mouth needs to be a friggin joke either.

Amy should have been Rachel Dawes after helping with the Batman auditions. There is one name who NEEDS to replace Amy in this role. LIZZY CAPLIN.

I'm totally good with Cranston and Bean. Warming up to Bean a lot now. Cranston won't take it though. I think he turned down Gordon before Snyder settled on Simmons (we should probably take this to the reboot casting thread lol). Kurt Russell REPRESENT!

Bruuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh Kurt Russell would be so perfect. Literally one of my favorite actors of all time.

And damn, never thought of Lizzy Caplan as Lois, but that's actually so perfect.

**** the DCEU. Reboot that ish. It's time to say bye bye. They had their chance.

I can't help but feeling Charlie Hunnam would've been better as Aquaman. Don't know who I would've gone with for Flash. And Cyborg should never have been in the movie in the first place. It should've just been John Stewart Green Lantern. It's wrong that they didn't have a GL in the first (only?) Justice League movie.

Honestly just let Wonder Woman do her thing. If Aquaman is good let it do it's thing. Recast Flash, recast Superman.

Then just focus on The Batman trilogy.

I really only need a few more DC movies to be satisfied. Doesn't have to be like Marvel where we get 30 ****in movies. Keep it concise.

Simmons was way better as JJJ than as Gordon. Let him go. Get Kurt Russell or Cranston, they'd be way better.

Also... how ****ing disappointing will it be if they can't get Gyllenhaal for this :(

He IS the best choice. Anyone else will be disappointing

Preach brotha!

Mahershala Ali should have been Green Lantern in Justice League and the solo film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"