Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I don't see why he couldn't be still. My main pick is Willem Dafoe even now but obviously 62 might be considered too old (I disagree personally, but heyho), so I'd love to see Olyphant as Joker personally.

I didn't mean I didn't think he could do it now, he was always on my short list ever since Scream 2 lol.

Walton Goggins is my other current favorite choice for Joker. Someone mentioned him here, and I thought it was brilliant. Him or Olyphant are my "modern" choices.

Dafoe is pretty much the best of all time choice, with (in my opinion) Brad Douriff a close second.

I've been personally hoping Ben Foster would be the guy to take over as Freddy Krueger

Holy crap, Goggins is actually a really inspired idea. Never even considered him. You could even lean into that slight Ledger borderline-southern-accent in a few scenes in TDK, go full-on Georgian/Alamanan/Texan accent for the character, not raised in Gotham. Arbitrary and random, but it'd be something a little different. Dude's got the Nicholson hairline going on too. :p And he can nail the "manic" thing, for anyone who watched Vice Principals. Could really see Goggins in the role.

Honestly, I'm fine with Leto theoretically though. Squad was a dog of a movie, but I sort of think with a little re-tooling and Reeves' tone Joker himself is salvagable. But yeah, if you're gonna go with Gyllenhaal, it's probably best to just do a clean re-cast for Joker too.

Last edited:
I like Olyphant for Deathstroke because of his quiet intensity.

I also Would love it if he played Oliver Queen. I think he totally fits the role.

I'll watch Olyphant in anything. :D

Can't stand Olyphant. Awful choice for anything other than the dukeebag character that ends up dying in the second scene.

Not even that show can justify the fancasting for him as Batman. Or Joker.

Can't stand Olyphant. Awful choice for anything other than the dukeebag character that ends up dying in the second scene.

Heresy! Justified is one of the best shows ever and Olyphant's Raylan Givens is one of the best characters ever :woot:

tumblr_nrm74jkx5N1qa71fyo1_500.gif

Timothy Olyphant - Batman
Keith Carradine - Jim Gordon

and Ian McShane as The Penguin

I was gonna go with Brad Dourif’s Doc as Alfred.

I would like to see McShane as Alfred for real just so he can trash Batman in the press tour.

Titus Welliver as Francis Wolcott - Harvey Dent
Titus Welliver as Jack McCall - Two-Face

Haven't seen Deadwood but I want to. So maybe my mind could change with it. Justified is not something I'm interested in. At least not for a very long time since there's too much **** for me to watch. But from wha I've seen of the guy, in always annoyed by the dudes face and presence. I think Scream 2 ruined it for me.

Heresy! Justified is one of the best shows ever and Olyphant's Raylan Givens is one of the best characters ever :woot:

tumblr_nrm74jkx5N1qa71fyo1_500.gif

Olyphant is an inspired choice. He's excellent in both Justified and Deadwood. Looking forward to the Deadwood HBO movie.

Olyphant was great in Scream 2.

He's not Batman, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"