Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Hammer sucks, but he's better for it than all of those other guys.

Which doesn't say much, but still.

Hammer >>> Taylor-Johnson and Hoult. Nevermind Pettyfer. If Hammer is vanilla, those guys ain't even a flavor.
Aaron's Golden Globe winning performance in Nocturnal animals. Pretty much everything Hoult has done in the last 4 years, breaking into indie drama territory

Looks aren't the most important deciding factor when casting a part as important as Batman

Aaron / Hoult / Hammer are decent choices, nothing outstanding but they're OK.

about-a-boy-shake-yo-ass.gif

#muhbatman

they could edit this scene into the Wayne Murders, like, perfect resemblance with the adult actor if Hoult gets the role

Last edited:
Those Hammer rumors are also fake news. Also Revenge of the Fanboys thing is illegit.

I don't know if it means anything, but Armie Hammer fans say he's been working out a lot lately. Maybe it's for Batman after all. Only time will tell

Which means **** all. Like have you seen Armie Hammer look out of shape in general? Maybe he works out all the time.

People thought Ewan McGregor working out and growing a beard meant he's returning to play Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Like I said earlier, dying to see how Mario addresses the debunking...

I want it to be true but I just really have a hard time believing he has a more connected source than THR and Variety.

Hoult doesn't have a mega-chin, but he has bat-eyebrows.

Yeah. The way Bruce is drawn in comics typically, I’d say there are about 5 actors in Hollywood who have that type of chin. But Hoult does have the BW eyebrows, which is more than I can say for a lot of the guys who are rumored/discussed.

For what it's worth, Umberto is saying that Hammer is too old for what Reeves wants to do (he turns 33 in August). If 33 is too old, then that effectively rules these guys out all over again:

Christopher Abbott
Oliver Jackson-Cohen
Jack Huston
Richard Madden
Robert Pattinson
Zac Efron

I don't usually do fancasting but after watching The Haunting of Hill House I thought Oliver Jackson-Cohen could be a good Batman. Have you seen his name linked anywhere?

Are Kroll or Borys saying under 30? Because I’m not believing a damn thing from the rest of the Twitter Twonk Brigade.

The only thing Kroll said a couple of weeks ago was that he gave his source two ages that were seven years apart and one was described as 'too young' and the other as 'too old'. Suggested that Reeves has a specific age in mind.

Yeah, and unfortunately we have no idea what names Kroll threw out. However, given that Armie Hammer is probably one of the most frequent and high-profile fan-casts for Batman, I'm almost willing to bet Kroll mentioned him. Of all the names to mention, his seems like the one that would spring to mind almost right away. If that's the case, than 32 is too old and 25 is too young. Late 20's looks like the sweet spot - which would be the likes of Dylan O'Brien, Logan Lerman, Jeremy Irvine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Nicholas Hoult, and Jack O'Connell.

Who is he?
Jeremy Irvine. Now again, he's very young-looking so my initial instinct is to read him more as a Dick Grayson type. But if Reeves is specifically looking for a younger Batman, he checks the usual boxes:

-Tall (6'1")
-Dark haired
-Blue eyed
-Square-jawed

gxl_54f5b029-a338-4f4d-825e-15e90a771fd0.jpg

gxl_54f5b036-49f0-4b70-ae52-5f940a771fd0.jpg

Last edited:
Jeremy Irvine. Now again, he's very young-looking so my initial instinct is to read him more as a Dick Grayson type. But if Reeves is specifically looking for a younger Batman, he checks the usual boxes:

-Tall (6'1")
-Dark haired
-Blue eyed
-Square-jawed

Yeah, but is he as good of an actor as Jack O'Connell, Aaron Taylor-Johnson or Christopher Abbott? The physical looks are fine and all, but what little I've seen of Irvine hasn't really impressed me much for the role like those three have.

Granted, that by no means writes off Irvine- I just haven't seen anything with him where he really impressed me.

Abbott might be out of the age range, but he, O'Connell and T-J have all proven themselves capable of tapping into the darker, more complex character traits in a convincing and exciting way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"