Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_pnmbg7yxrW1uw43cfo2_r1_540.gif

Robert Pattinson, Armie Hammer and Nicholas Hoult should be the 3 final contenders.
In fact I'm very confident they'll probably be.

Robert Pattinson, Armie Hammer and Nicholas Hoult should be the 3 final contenders.
In fact I'm very confident they'll probably be.
I'm confident Hammer won't make the list. I just don't see Reeves being interested in the type of actor he is.

Your hatred of Armie Hammer just makes me want to see him cast even more.
Well everybody else wanting him for superficial reasons is primarily why I don't care about him in the role as it stands.

If Reeves casts him then I'll be happy because I know he proved himself to him. But as it stands now - his range has to be proven.

I'm confident Hammer won't make the list. I just don't see Reeves being interested in the type of actor he is.
But Reeves did followed him on Twitter though, I struggled to recall if they ever have a project together, publicly met (or even a pic of them both), so perhaps Reeves noticed some of his works.

No, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Hammer is 'da one!!1!' or what Reeves wants as Batman based on such trivial, not important thing like 'following on social media'.
There are definitely stronger actors than him around. But Reeves maybe like him in some ways, he could made into a list of candidates in Reeves' mind for some roles, not necessarily Batman.

I'm content if Battinson or BatHoult happens.

Ben Barnes is another actor who needs to be concerned he's early 30s but also Barnes can act especially if you have seen him in the Marvel universe in Netflix's The Punisher

See him in any other work and he even looks like he could pull off being Batman behind the cowl

In some ways he reminds me of Bale

Barnes is closer to 40 than 30.

Ben Barnes is another actor who needs to be concerned he's early 30s but also Barnes can act especially if you have seen him in the Marvel universe in Netflix's The Punisher

See him in any other work and he even looks like he could pull off being Batman behind the cowl

In some ways he reminds me of Bale
Ben Barnes actually 37, pity if '20s' is a must, I could see him as Batman.
I remember that Reeves supposed to met Jake G at some point, possibly for Batman. He's 38, was 36-37 when the rumor arose. Perhaps he used to envision his Batman close to late 30s before, and not anymore.

Then in that case if they want someone early 30s then Pattinson, Hammer and Hoult are the best choices

Pattinson (1986)
Hoult (1989)
Hammer (1986)

By 2021 Pattinson and Hammer will both be 35 which is mid 30s while Hoult will be 32 which is probably the best age for a Reeves Batman to start off

I really think either Hoult or Pattinson are the right men for the job and whoever doesn’t get it should play a villain - Hoult would play great in Court of Owls! They both have some name recognition, and call me a snob but Bruce Wayne is a prestige role in a way that virtually every other comic character except perhaps Wolverine, Magneto and Professor X isn’t. If you don’t like Hoult for the gig, you haven’t seen Kill Your Friends and The Favourite. He’s way, way more than a baby face. Kids got soul for days and he’s 6’3” with eyes as piercing and blue as Cillian Murphy. Young billionaire who is also Batman? Definitely.

Pattinson has even more name, an actor’s redemption story, is a funky nut job, huge range, and his weird looking head is somehow made up of perfectly comic accurate proportions. No one looks better under the cowl and he’d give his heart to the role. Pattinson could be Batman forever. He’s my top choice and I was a huge hater.

ATJ would dive in with intensity but I shudder at the thought.

Hammer would, I think, bring a workmanlike attitude and that’s about it. Not much fire. That’s a Marvel hire.

All of the other names we’ve been hearing on the list, I just don’t think they will be able to get past the “omg I’m going to be famous”-ness of it all.

Then in that case if they want someone early 30s then Pattinson, Hammer and Hoult are the best choices

Pattinson (1986)
Hoult (1989)
Hammer (1986)

By 2021 Pattinson and Hammer will both be 35 which is mid 30s while Hoult will be 32 which is probably the best age for a Reeves Batman to start off
ther

Then I would go with Hoult for the simple fact that he's younger but also he can act if you have also seen him in X-Men First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalyse and Mad Max Fury Road but also see him in other more dramatic work he basically can pass for being Bruce. He's tall but also has pretty boy looks as well which is what Bruce Wayne is, is a pretty boy billionaire. Plus he's younger than Hammer and Pattinson so if you want someone in the role who can carry this franchise, then look no further than Hoult.

I just don't consider Hammer to be a good actor. It's like he takes himself too seriously, and doesn't tap into anything emotionally. Honestly, Cavill is still pretty wooden. I wanted to like him more as Superman than I did. Maybe that was partly due to the directing. In any case, he's a better actor than Hammer. I'm afraid Hammer would give us 2 hours of lines delivered like "My mother needs me".

How about Taylor Kitsch as Bruce Wayne/The Batman

And here I thought I was the last Kitsch fan alive! Lol. I don’t know if he’s got the “cultured playboy” look or voice. I think he’d be a good Batman but can’t see him as Bruce. And I really like the guy.

How about Taylor Kitsch as Bruce Wayne/The Batman
Still too old.

Reeves is reportedly looking for someone in their mid-20's. I'd say early 30's is the oldest he'll go, so you can probably rule out anyone over 33.

Well everybody else wanting him for superficial reasons is primarily why I don't care about him in the role as it stands.

If Reeves casts him then I'll be happy because I know he proved himself to him. But as it stands now - his range has to be proven.

So, you really want him for Batman.

How about we just cut out a piece of cardboard in the image of Year One Bruce Wayne and have that be in the movie voiced by Kevin Conroy.

I definitely Think pattinson is at least on the shortlist. Im like 90% certain, and I'm not mad about it lol.

Who even came up with the Bob Pattinson rumor

The amount of confidence and want for him here in the role is surprising. I know him from nothing other than the obvious, but I’ve heard he has done some low profile good stuff.

I don’t think he’s really being considered, but I don’t hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"