Batman or Punisher?

Batman of course (what answer did you expect on this board?)

Batman beat Punisher so easily in JLA/Avengers that it they had it happen off-page.

Batman could beat Punisher with a limp and one hand tied behind his back.

Mee said:

and asleep

I don't see why everything is so one sided against Frank. He's one badass dude. Smart, too. He was a former special forces marine in one of the toughest and bloodyest wars in the last century. He is a seriously hardened fighter. Would give Bruce a good scuffle.

Mee said:
Sure, if credibilty wasn't a factor. The ones of us who appreciate good writing and stories would know that Batman would win, but it'd be closer perhaps more brutal than one might think.

Flame on! said:
Sure, if credibilty wasn't a factor. The ones of us who appreciate good writing and stories would know that Batman would win, but it'd be closer perhaps more brutal than one might think.

Exactly. Frank isn't some idiot. Tactically, he's agenius. And he's a very skilled, experianced, and brutal fighter.

The Question said:
Exactly. Frank isn't some idiot. Tactically, he's agenius. And he's a very skilled, experianced, and brutal fighter.
But no match for prep time.:batman:

:D

The Question said:
I don't see why everything is so one sided against Frank. He's one badass dude. Smart, too. He was a former special forces marine in one of the toughest and bloodyest wars in the last century. He is a seriously hardened fighter. Would give Bruce a good scuffle.

Didnt we go through this before? :p

Frank's not as good as a fighter as Batman, but he's no pushover; he'd give Batman a good fight. He'd lose, but he wouldnt go down easy.

Given that they're fictional... whoever the writers decide wins. If it were up to my assessment, Frank would quickly be receiving a pistol whipping from his own gun before Batman drops him off at Arkham... while limping, one handed, and blindfolded, right?

Really, I don't see why everything's going in Bruce's favor. Way I see it, it would be a very close fight. I mean, look at their skill stas:

Tactical planning:

Bruce is, of course, a master tactitian. He's the tactical advisor to the League for Pete's sake.

Frank was a soldier (And I believe feild leader) in Vietnam. Mastered guerilla warfare tactics, leading soldiers in incredibly stressful and life threatening istuations. Definately an acomplished tactitian in his own right.

Fighting skills:

Bruce spent a few of his teenage years honing his hand to hand combat skills. The guy's one of the best.

Frank was a special forces marine. Obviously, he was a great fighter to start. And he was in Vietnam. Very stressful and dangerous environment. His life was constantly in danger. Very quickly, he became a highly skilled fighter.

Weapons skills:

Bruce has mastered midified versions of many eastern weapons, plus some more modern stuff. All basically non lethal deterants. Relies primairly on his fists. Although, he's also shown to be quite skilled with a sword.

Frank has used dozens of different kinds of guns, knives, and explosives. I think he trumps Bruce in the weapons department.

They sound pretty even to me.

You go by the O'Neil Batman, Punisher vs. him would be close. But characters evolve, Bats is different now. I don't think it would be that close.

Mee said:
You go by the O'Neil Batman, Punisher vs. him would be close.

But of course.

Mee said:
But characters evolve, Bats is different now. I don't think it would be that close.

Now, I wouldn't call it "evolution" as much as "the writers deciding to slap on about 200 new skills and raise his I.Q. to about 10,000 because it looks really really cool," but I see what you mean. Batman, as he is often written these days, would wipe the floor with Frank. bad place, he'd probably wipe the floor with Thor.

Bow before Bat-God!!

I'm a Punisher fan......but I do think Bats beat him in 2 panels or less in the JLA/AVGENERS crossover.

Which I thought was kind of bull****. Writers these days basically write Batman a s a superhuman. Doesn't sit right with me.

I agree, sometimes they do go too far, but it's better than Bats swinging down the Bat poles with a pantless teenager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"