Batman or Punisher?

Mee said:
I agree, sometimes they do go too far, but it's better than Bats swinging down the Bat poles with a pantless teenager.

But what would be better than both is Batman simply being a human vigilante who occasionaly advises the Justice League on tactical matters.

One of the few things that bothered me about writers with Batman was in the Batman/Superman series. I am talking about the issue where they all go to get back Supergirl and Batman has somewhat of a fight against Darksied...I guess he had that suit thing or something but that was dumb that Bats seemed to last longer than he should have.

I understand where you are coming from The Question for the most part...but Batman is more than just some human vigilante too.

trustyside-kick said:
I understand where you are coming from The Question for the most part...but Batman is more than just some human vigilante too.

The Punisher should still be able to give him a good fight.

The Question said:
The Punisher should still be able to give him a good fight.

O ya duh. :eek:

When I voted saying Bats would win I never said anything about it being an easy fight. :p

Kind of like in that DC Comic Character Tournament thread in the DC Comics section. They recently had a round between Nightwing and Ra's Al Ghul and almost everyone after they voted for were saying it would be super close and not an easy defeat but "so and so" would win.

Same goes for this. Maybe when they have Batman and other heroes in the JLA that are not powerful like Superman fight they should show more of their battles. It seems that they "easily" defeat someone because they do not show enough of the fight.

If you had a fight scene with Batman and Punisher duking it out and eventually one becomes victorious then that would be great. I mean, not like you would have to use most of the comic anyway for that; a few pages/panels here and there. Not like it would be a problem since a lot of times when Superman fights it is all about him in the comic all of the sudden when it is not a Superman comic. :p

I hate doing long posts...at the end I feel I went off on something else then I intended...hope for this post it is not the case lol.

I guess I agree. I still think the fight could go either way. The only real edge Batman has over the Punisher is that Frank is in his late fifties, and thus a bit past his prime (even though he's still in excelent shape). However, Bruce, who's nearing 40, isn't too far behind, so it's not like he's in his physical prime anymore either.

frank would dismiss batman on first encounter as another mask wearing hippie. batman would be annoyed with another gun-toting vigilante and cream him. on second encounter, frank would be annoyed that he got pistol-whipped by another mask wearing hippie. batman would be annoyed he shows up again and sends him to arkham. just like everyone else who enters arkham, frank is either released or escapes. batman would be annoyed again and beats the living tar out of frank again and the cycle continues.

trustyside-kick said:
One of the few things that bothered me about writers with Batman was in the Batman/Superman series. I am talking about the issue where they all go to get back Supergirl and Batman has somewhat of a fight against Darksied...I guess he had that suit thing or something but that was dumb that Bats seemed to last longer than he should have.

Batman didnt last more than a few seconds. The smacks he gave to Darkseid were more of an attention grabber than actual attacks; "Hey, Darkseid. Pay attention." Once Darkseid raised a fist, Batman was done.

darwinwins said:
frank would dismiss batman on first encounter as another mask wearing hippie. batman would be annoyed with another gun-toting vigilante and cream him. on second encounter, frank would be annoyed that he got pistol-whipped by another mask wearing hippie. batman would be annoyed he shows up again and sends him to arkham. just like everyone else who enters arkham, frank is either released or escapes. batman would be annoyed again and beats the living tar out of frank again and the cycle continues.

Why? Frank's not a bad fighter or a bad tactitian. In fact, he's an amazing fighter and a brilliant tactitian. Former special forces marine in one of the bloodyest wars in our history. He's definately a hardened fighter.

Tin_Man said:
Batman didnt last more than a few seconds. The smacks he gave to Darkseid were more of an attention grabber than actual attacks; "Hey, Darkseid. Pay attention." Once Darkseid raised a fist, Batman was done.
Yeah, people make it out to be this big thing, but Darkseid was essentially just slapping Bats around to satisfy himself because he was annoyed.

The Question said:
Why? Frank's not a bad fighter or a bad tactitian. In fact, he's an amazing fighter and a brilliant tactitian. Former special forces marine in one of the bloodyest wars in our history. He's definately a hardened fighter.
how many countless nutjobs has batman come across who were once upon a time special forces who were veterans of some silly war?

None, as far as I can recall. And calling Vietnam "some silly war" is an enourmous understatement.

i'm not going to debate foreign policy with some 12 year old if that's what you're after.

When was this about foreign polocy? And why do you assume that I'm twelve? Calling Vietnam "some silly war" is a huge understatement. It was an incredibly nasty and brutal war that left alot of people psychologically scarred.

Qoèlet said:
Yeah, people make it out to be this big thing, but Darkseid was essentially just slapping Bats around to satisfy himself because he was annoyed.

What impressed me with the "fight" between the two was the balls that Batman had to even take a swing. He knew, physically, he was outmatched. What impressed me even more was how he defeated Darkseid; he outwitted him. Sure, Batman got the tar beaten out of him, but he held the better hand: "stop now, or I'll blow your world to hell."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"