Batman OYL discussion thread

here's the problem I have with Magpie's death in Batman #651 - she was already mentioned as having been killed in the first or second issue of Superman/Batman, long before this issue came out.

Superboy Prime strikes again.

I've been saying it since the first OYL, Robin is a full-on badass now.
Batman 652:
BadassRobin.jpg

is this a new Killer Moth? last I heard the original had been transformed into Charaxes after selling his soul to Neron.

He still looks all freaky to me. Check out Killer Moths ears and face, I don't think thats a mask.

Fledermaus said:
I've been saying it since the first OYL, Robin is a full-on badass now.
Batman 652:
BadassRobin.jpg

I've got to get this issue!!! :eek: :up:

Has anybody here seen the Wizard preview for the first issue of the "Batman and Son" arc?
I saw it at my comic shop today. Two words. Holy s**t.

Fledermaus said:
Has anybody here seen the Wizard preview for the first issue of the "Batman and Son" arc?
Haven't seen it. Anybody got some scans?

Fledermaus said:

Batman and Son?

Could you explain more about it since I don't know what that is? If it is a spoiler or something just do the spoiler code thing.

When does Batman and Son start? is it gonna immediatley follow "Face the Face"?

Also, to trustyside-kick, Batman and Son is an upcoming storyarc that supposedly brings Son of the Demon back into continuity (the story where Bruce and Talia had a child).

From what I remember Batman and Son starts out with Gordon falling from a rooftop after being poisoned by the Joker. He is caught. Then a splash page of the Joker standing over a badly beaten Batman. The next thing I remember seeing is the Joker getting shot in the head by another Batman. The next page is Batman holding the Joker, a little reminiscent of Death in the Family. That's all I got.

I still think Bats having a kid is dumb.

From the short preview I saw in Wizard, I dont' think it Ibn. I've already got an idea about it though.
What other kid does Bruce has who's been running around dressed as everybody excpet himself? Red Hood? "killer" Nightwing?

Fledermaus said:
From the short preview I saw in Wizard, I dont' think it Ibn. I've already got an idea about it though.
What other kid does Bruce has who's been running around dressed as everybody excpet himself? Red Hood? "killer" Nightwing?
That's what I've been hoping. That it's about one of Bruce's adopted sons or it's some kind of scam set up by some villain and the kid isn't really Bruce's.

Fledermaus said:

i was thinking that and it would really piss me off. first he dresses up like robin, then the red hood, then nightwing, now batman???? that's terribly unoriginal writing. he needs his own unique id.

hippie_hunter said:
War Games: Batman takes over the GCPD, ignores Oracle, willing to throw away his life, came up with a plan to take over every gang in Gotham City

He has to because an idiot girl used tried to impress him.

No Man's Land: temporarily abandons Gotham, takes away the mantle of Batgirl from the Huntress after she failed in a mission that was impossible to succeed, refused help from other superheroes

Abandoned Gotham to try to convince the Government from making it a No Man's Land. Tried to prevent another Jason Todd by taking away the Batgirl mantle, especially from someone who is a known killer.

Officer Down: acted like a little whiney b***h after Gordon got shot, left most of the work to his sidekicks

Gordon was his best friend.

War Drums: fired Stephanie Brown for only trying to help him

Trying to prevent another Jason Todd.

Under the Hood: treated Zatanna with extreme disrespect

She mindwiped him.

Nightwing: Year One: fired Dick Grayson for his work in the Titans

He didn't want Dick to overstretch himself.

JLA: Tower of Babel: came up with contingency plans to defeat the members of the JLA and other superheroes

In case there are betrayals such as Parallax, and a Max Lord controlled Superman.

Outsiders: Wanted: funded the Outsiders secretly without telling Nightwing

Why does he have to tell Nightwing?

the Flash: The Secret of Barry Allen: pinned the Flash against the wall telling him that if he doesn't handle his rogues, he will

He's a control freak.

Green Lantern: Rebirth: hated Hal Jordan

Parallax.

the OMAC Project: came up with the Brother Mk. I satelite system, treated Booster Gold with disrespect, rejected Wonder Woman's friendship after she saved his life and killed Max Lord when she had no choice

Mindwiped.

Infinite Crisis: tells Superman that he is no longer inspiring

The truth hurts.

cass said:
The truth hurts.
But it shall set you free. If you can handle it that is.

cass said:
The truth hurts.

Wow, that guy made a good comeback. The mainly thing I will back him up on though are the parts about preventing another Jason Todd. And doesn't it make sense why he fired Stephanie Brown? She screwed up his like back up plan (the whole Matches Malone thing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"