BvS Batman Physique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Reeves didn't use steroids (I think)

Hafizbat was just making a general point. You're right, though. Steve Reeves was a professional bodybuilder from an older generation; and, as someone who refrained from using performance-enhancing drugs, I don't think he really belongs up there among the likes of infamous roid-abusers: Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

On a side note, Twight actually said that Reeves was used as a model for Cavill's MoS transformation.

Hafizbat was just making a general point. You're right, though. Steve Reeves was a professional bodybuilder from an older generation; and, as someone who refrained from using performance-enhancing drugs, I don't think he really belongs up there among the likes of infamous roid-abusers: Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

On a side note, Twight actually said that Reeves was used as a model for Cavill's MoS transformation.

Yup.

jmbz.jpg

On that note I'm guessing Affleck's schedule didn't permit him to work with Twight or he preffered his own guy?

Yup.

jmbz.jpg

On that note I'm guessing Affleck's schedule didn't permit him to work with Twight or he preffered his own guy?

I don't think anyone outside of Affleck's circles knows for sure why he chose to work with Jalali over Twight, but yeah, the general assumption is that it had to do with personal preference. :shrug:

I wish twight would work me out I'd be having a nice bod lol :csad:

Batfleck's ''17 inch biceps'' can't hang with the last ''guns'' from Krypton :word:

tumblr_muzni4M46g1sgw4lxo1_400.gif

or Twight was busy with Gal

Highly doubt that would be the reason. I can't imagine him turning down training affleck to work with gal gadot instead in all honesty.

I'm pretty sure he was offered to train all of them like he did with cavill and antje traue on Mos but affleck probably just wanted to stick with the guy he was used to before.

Which based on what we've seen so far doesn't seem to be the best choice.

Mark Twight seems like an amazing trainer based on his results.

Last edited:
^ I wonder if Twight and Jalali are in Detroit as well now. :hmm

Seems like Twight is already there based on this recent tweet:

Mark Twight ‏@mark_twight 3h

Hosing the mud off after the inaugural Michigan ride. It turns out the MTB park and velodrome are right next door! pic.twitter.com/tflAV6K8CE

These are all wrestler/body-builders. And Stallone was heavily roided and a body-builder by extension.

The actors I mentioned are just that - actors, actors who get buff for certain roles and do other kinds of movies too. So the actors I mentioned and the ones you mentioned are in completely different categories and ideologies. Affleck will obviously be compared to the first group and not the second group.

These days it would be considered almost disrespectful for an actor to be part of the second group. Most actors today belong in the first group, they workout for some roles only. The second group today, I think contains only The Rock and perhaps Joe Manganiello - basically actors whose physique is a constant and the reason they are hired.
True. I wouldn't mind having Cavil's physique. But the bar wasn't set by him, that was all I disagreed with. :)

(On a side note, I frequent bodybuilding.com, so my perception of weightlifting is probably way off compared to the general population).

Yup.

jmbz.jpg

Like someone said earlier, Gym Jones is Snyder's *****. It is not just Twight, it is an entire facility. So someone can be made available. With Twight away working with Gadot, Michael Blevins was working with Cavill. So if Affleck agreed to be trained by Gym Jones, a world class trainer would have been made available for him.

That Affleck carried on his own trainer shows a level of independence that even Crowe did not have. Crowe, Cavill, Antje and Shannon signed contracts saying that they would train with Gym Jones and only eat what was provided by them.

It is a relationship thing. Affleck has been training with Jalali for 6-7 years, and got his best ever physique (The Town) under Jelali. So he stuck to Jelali. And he wouldn't rob Jelali of his biggest exposure to date - training Batman would do wonders for Jelali's career. The fitness component of Snyder's film feature heavily in the marketing and promo so Jelali could become very famous through this gig. He's already more famous than previously and he's loving the limelight judging from his tweets and milking it for all its worth.

I am sure that he will be looking fine in the movie. No actor today shows up to do a superhero movie and show up out of shape. He will look fine and if he had any scene that actually would show his body those scenes would obviously be filmed when he looks his best, same as they did with Cavill.

de-niro-cape-fear.jpg

This scene for example was filmed as late as possible to give DeNiro as much time as possible to get as big as possible. And obviously all actors will get a pump going before any scene that is meant to show how muscular they are. So, no one should really be worried.

The fighting style is the thing that should have most people worried and I don't think there are many threads (if any) about the fighting styles. With so many martial arts out there with different attributes, no one seems to be discussing this.

A lot of people say he is a martial artist, etc. but what is he doing? What would you want him to be doing? Do you want him to be doing something more mainstream like Silat or Krav Maga? Would you want him to be doing something more explosive and unknown like Kuntao? Wetzel Pukulan? His shape will be there, but the style of combat is more important, because that is what is going to impress people and keep people entertained during the fight sequences.

Routh's physique in Superman Returns was complete **** compared to Henry Cavill's... which is a shame too, because after Superman Returns was released, Routh got HUGE

Routh's physique in Superman Returns was complete **** compared to Henry Cavill's... which is a shame too, because after Superman Returns was released, Routh got HUGE

I wouldn't go that far, these are his training shots for returns.

rfkworkout1nt9.jpg

attachment.php

The suit he was in didn't do him any favors. Unlike Cavil's which had the pre-cut body molds made into it, Routh's suit was pretty much glorified spandex which didn't allow for much definition to show.

I don't think Routh actually got much bigger after tbh he just looked better out of the suit.

He had a pretty different body-type from Cavill as well, he was naturally longer and more swimmer built than cavill.

Thought i'd give this one a bump with regards to the new suit pic release.

The suit looks pretty good but it's obvious there is a good deal of enhancements on the suit for built and definition. Cavill's suit did as well but his natural form actually matched up pretty well, so there weren't any real discprepancies when he had his shirtless scenes.

Seeing where Affleck last stood going by his on the street photos he's pretty far off the suit built, so i wonder if they're going to forego any shirtless scenes to avoid ruining the illusion created by the suit?

Thought i'd give this one a bump with regards to the new suit pic release.

The suit looks pretty good but it's obvious there is a good deal of enhancements on the suit for built and definition. Cavill's suit did as well but his natural form actually matched up pretty well, so there weren't any real discprepancies when he had his shirtless scenes.

Seeing where Affleck last stood going by his on the street photos he's pretty far off the suit built, so i wonder if they're going to forego any shirtless scenes to avoid ruining the illusion created by the suit?

I think in this universe Bruce Wayne designed the suit to be large than life so that when Batman is in the shadows coming towards some bad guy it looks like a giant man bat is charging at you.

I wouldn't go that far, these are his training shots for returns.

rfkworkout1nt9.jpg

attachment.php

The suit he was in didn't do him any favors. Unlike Cavil's which had the pre-cut body molds made into it, Routh's suit was pretty much glorified spandex which didn't allow for much definition to show.

I don't think Routh actually got much bigger after tbh he just looked better out of the suit.

He had a pretty different body-type from Cavill as well, he was naturally longer and more swimmer built than cavill.

+1 for putting baseless assertions based on the dislike of a franchise to rest! Everyone hates SR, all of a sudden, EVERYTHING was terrible about it. Classic internet hyperbole.

I love how the creases in the new suit make Affleck look really ripped; something you couldn't really achieve with the armoured look from the TDK trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"