Batman Physique Thread

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by LordofhouseEl, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKDetective

DKDetective Problem Eliminator

That's hyperbole. He was still solidly built. Just not huge. His traps and back were great in all three films and they are one of the most important factors in filling out one's frame. Even at his smallest, Bale was still much bigger and better built than every other man who has worn the Batsuit to date.

2. shallbecomeabat

shallbecomeabat Yes, father...

Quoted for truth. Everyone who says he is skinny in the last two movies never went to the gym before. He is still a pretty well trained dude in TDK and TDKR.

Also, its normal for those types of roles to only bulk up that much for the first outing, to solidify that image of strength. Look at Hemsworth and Evans in their own stand alone movies as thor and Cap and then look at their build in Avengers. Both are a lot smaller in Avengers, because you just cannot keep that figure over a long period of time, while actually shooting a movie for months.

The same is true for Henry Cavill. You can see which scenes they shot first very close to the end of his training (like, of course, all shirtless scenes) and which they shot much later in the process. Sure, he is still big in other scenes, but not as big as in the oil rig scenes, since he cannot work out every day for multiple hours when they are in the shooting phase of the movie.

3. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

Honestly Bale had the ideal built imo for batman in TDKR at least for a Batman who's been years in the game. Very lean and wiry muscles reminded me of a MMA fighter.

Just for comparison I thought Cavill's built was great for superman but I wouldn't want batman looking like that.

4. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

I ain't saying he wasn't strong, just lightly muscled. He looks rather small.

[​IMG]

In Begins Bale was the biggest Batman we have seen (even in that case he was soft), but I think Kilmer was in better in better shape than Bale in TDK and TDKR.

5. super85

super85 Well-Known Member

Bale's size differs quite a bit in TDKR. Obviously he was the biggest in BB, not saying anything different. But like mentioned before his size differed quite a bit in TDKR.

I don't think Kilmer was in better shape in BF. Somebody can of course screencap that single image of him without a shirt in the batcave, i think Bale looks to be in better shape in different scenes in TDKR for example.

You can see the erm...."topless" :cwink: scene of Val Kilmer near the end of the BF trailer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXsS1gLn8Gk

6. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

No way.

7. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Kilmer wasn't muscular in the least in BF he looked like a guy that runs 30 minutes a day 4 times a week with no heavy weight training, I'm sure any other fitness enthusiast would agree. Bale looked in TDKR like the leaner athletic and acorabatic Batman from the Denny O'Neil era, it's just too bad we didn't see a acorabatic Batman.

8. Bruce Malone

Kilmer had almost no definition at all, at least bale looked ripped.

[​IMG]

It's fact that Bale pretty much was the first batman actor to deliberately affect his physique for the role. I still stand-by that his physique in TDKR worked.

9. Vid Electricz

Vid Electricz Well-Known Member

I love the irony that he thinks they made Bale look bigger through padding the costume, when really, they made him appear slighter by dressing him in baggy clothes and robes as Bruce. Bale was in great shape for all three films.

:lmao:

And Bale was "soft", eh? On what planet?

http://youtu.be/NJtbkSTP464

10. Vid Electricz

Vid Electricz Well-Known Member

I can't believe anyone would compare that to this:

[​IMG]

11. DaRkVeNgeanCe

Ya pure rubbish no comparison.

12. DeGenerate10

DeGenerate10 Br Ba

Where the hell are Val's traps?

13. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

This should be the template for all future Batman actors. Definition is important to a degree, but Bruce Wayne should have a body comprised of functional muscle. Mass is extremely important for the intimidation factor, especially since fear is a part of Batman's character. The multi-attacker situations (ala the toxin-riddled mob in Batman Begins) where sheer brute force is necessary to provide the space for MMA techniques and gadgetry.

I'm actually not worried about Affleck in this area. He's somewhere between 6'2" and 6'4" (I've seen different accounts), so supporting 240-250lbs of muscle while retaining speed and dexterity shouldn't be too hard. It's containing the on-screen goofiness/light-hearted factor, which is difficult for some actors, that has me extremely concerned.

14. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

chris pratt is zero dark thirty!!:cwink:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

I know this is the Batman physique thread and not the Superman physique thread but just wanted to post this previously unseen picture of Cavill training for MOS. This is what Affleck will be up against.

[​IMG]

16. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

Awesome shot right there!

17. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Cavill looks like a g with a beard

18. Bruce Malone

A little o/t but from the new TDK trilogy blu-ray:

[​IMG]

I was a fan of Bane's brawler physique.

19. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

That it is.

20. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

with this physique for Batman and I´m happy.... :woot:

21. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Cavill has elite genetics. I doubt many actors could get in this kind of aesthetic form. I'll be happy if Affleck can look like a guy who looks unusually strong, even if he doesn't have the Olympian quality of Cavill.

22. DaRkVeNgeanCe

Yeah it is true genetics play a very large part in how much mass your body can gain and how well you can be shaped, Henry obviously has great genetics and if desired could get even much bigger than he did for MOS.

23. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

Yeah agree on the part that every person is different in the form but if Afleck go in the same direction as in Argo then We have Batman!!!

24. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

Absolutely right...

25. LordofhouseEl

LordofhouseEl Well-Known Member

I disagree considering despite a solid upper body it appereared he had chicken legs. This is not an insult to his hard work and effort just pointing out your statement is incorrect.:yay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.