BvS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Easter Eggs

Those soldiers in the trailers are wearing \S/ armbands. In Red Son, the soviets wore armbands with the shield in it and the scythe and hammer.
8deeb8568f2d7fc1c7-9.jpg

And after the death of Superman, DC comics characters wore black armbands with the \S/ on it and DC also sold armband for the readers.
Batman_Vol_1_491_001.jpg
death_of_superman.jpg

Last edited:
Those soldiers in the trailers are wearing \S/ armbands. In Red Son, the soviets wore armbands with the shield in it a the scythe and hammer.
8deeb8568f2d7fc1c7-9.jpg

And after the death of Superman, DC comics characters wore black armbands with the \S/ on it and DC also sold armband for the readers.
Batman_Vol_1_491_001.jpg
death_of_superman.jpg

Good one. The comic-con trailer has so many references to previous DC comics.

batman-v-superman-deserto-immagini-1.png

ewbatman.jpg

Those soldiers in the trailers are wearing \S/ armbands. In Red Son, the soviets wore armbands with the shield in it and the scythe and hammer.

The influence goes back even further, as evidenced by the following cover image I came across just a few days ago.

tumblr_nrv88mRZvQ1sqf5tdo1_540.jpg

The influence goes back even further, as evidenced by the following cover image I came across just a few days ago.

tumblr_nrv88mRZvQ1sqf5tdo1_540.jpg

Another great find.
There have been several comicbooks that have dealt with the notion of Superman taking over the world. The one you just posted might have been the first to deal with that storyline.

This isn't from the trailer -- it's from the set -- but I figured it was worth posting.

wuMu3Tr.jpg

Hardcore Batman fans will recognize the names Catherine Van Derm and Alan Wayne, Bruce Wayne's great-great grandparents.

Van Derm's first appearance was in Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #4.
Alan Wayne was first introduced in Batman: Secret Files and Origins #1.

Catherine_Wayne_001.png
2215777-alan_wayne.jpg

There's already a thread on which comic books will BvS takes inspiration from. That's what Tacit meant.

Superman #215: For Tomorrow

img_0760.jpg

tumblr_nrc9b6vx641ry8rcwo1_500.gif

tumblr_nrc9b6vx641ry8rcwo3_500.gif

tumblr_nrc9b6vx641ry8rcwo2_500.gif

There's another panel like this from For Tomorrow as well but I can't find that one.

There's already a thread on which comic books will BvS takes inspiration from. That's what Tacit meant.

If that's the case than I'd have no problem if the mods decide to merge the threads. But like I said earlier, I'm not interested in simple Easter eggs but rather elements in comicbooks that will drive this film forward.

A collection of panels featuring Superman on trial

443795_orig.jpg

Superman inside the dilipated Wayne Manor, a la Kingdom Come:

supeswaynemanor_kingdomcome_zps9ttjudcx.jpg

I am not convinced that is Wayne Manor in that movie still, though.

Does look different than the Bruce/Alfred pic:

CXDa4Rn.jpg

But it could just be another part of the grounds.

I am inclined to believe it is the same place where Batman and Superman fight after they crash through the skylight - the one from the BvS IMAX screening additional scene. Still, I can't claim anything with 100% certainty, one way or the other. It might as well be another part of the Wayne Manor, we haven't seen yet. Maybe a lower level that leads to the batcave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"