Batman: Venom

RobC

Sidekick
Reaction score
What's the deal with Venom?

I think it's one of the best books really, it delves into why Batman does what he does, and also shows him as a man who is just as fallible as the rest of us...

What's everyone elses view? In particular, where does it fit into everyones chronology? 'Cause Dent is mentioned as DA, which puts it before LH, but in the book Batman goes missing for like three, four months at a time, which kinda puts it out of wack timeline wise between Year One and LH...

I place Venom, Gothic, Prey and Terror between Year One and The Long Halloween. Don't forget Y1 ends at the start of December and TLH begins in June.

Yeah, but also, I've got Man Who Laughs and Mad Monk there as well...

I wondered more if it *does* fit into current chronology... It just takes place over such a large period of time, yet has to be before TLH.

What's the deal with Venom?

I think it's one of the best books really, it delves into why Batman does what he does, and also shows him as a man who is just as fallible as the rest of us...

What's everyone elses view? In particular, where does it fit into everyones chronology? 'Cause Dent is mentioned as DA, which puts it before LH, but in the book Batman goes missing for like three, four months at a time, which kinda puts it out of wack timeline wise between Year One and LH...

LOTR-stories are not really in continuity. Venom is not so clear, because the important "Venom" stuff was first mentioned in it. TLH was not in continuity, but now, because of its great popularity it seem to be.

so try to find a place where you can put it.

:word:

you'll find more errors in those early-set stories. For example, in the first scarecrow story (collected in 4ofakind) Two-Face is already in Arkham, while The Long Halloween shows that the Scarecrow already existed when Two-Face was born.

And so on.

Yeah, but also, I've got Man Who Laughs and Mad Monk there as well...

I wondered more if it *does* fit into current chronology... It just takes place over such a large period of time, yet has to be before TLH.
The Man Who Laughs takes place at the very end of Year One, and Monster Men/Mad Monk takes place during Year One (as does Her Sister's Keeper, Shaman and Four of a Kind).

A lot can happen during 12 months, we just gloss over the year in Year One, and there's at least 6 months before TLH begins.

you'll find more errors in those early-set stories. For example, in the first scarecrow story (collected in 4ofakind) Two-Face is already in Arkham, while The Long Halloween shows that the Scarecrow already existed when Two-Face was born.

And so on.
But that was in the last panel, which doesn't really say it's set immediately after the events, for all we know, it could just be a look at the typical future.

I never really cared for Continuity, I just make it up as it goes along. Don't forget these are "Legends" and most legends are stories told over and over again...lot of the other LOTDK stories don't fit either and or are really wacky, but they we're still a hell of a lot better than Confidential so far. Batman Confidential could have been such a great title...

Anyway Venom is a great story, shows that Batman is actually a man like all others. And the art is great! The cover of the trade is awesome...
It's also a nice back up story to Vengeance of Bane etc..

I love the art in Venom, I think its one of the best books out there, the continuity just screws with, I have mega OCD about my Batman books so it just sucks...

For the record, I have it after Man Who Laughs and before TLH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"