Superman Returns Oscars for Superman

kal-el2006

Civilian
Reaction score
excel from the planet made this post..i thought how it would fare over here..

"at this point, superman is a lock for atleast 3 nominations.

Best Achievement in Sound
Best Achievement in Visual Effects
Best Achievement in Sound Editing

it also decent shots at nabbing a nomination in these

Best Achievement in Art Direction
Best Achievement in Cinematography
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score"

thats what his nominations..so i ask..what nominations do you see for this movie?
if 2 gay cowboys can be nominated for best picture i dont see why not...if deep can be nominated for best actor for pirates i dont see why not...i wish hollywood stop skipping good comic book movies in general..so..what do yall think?

ya, comic book movies never get any recognition. i hope this one does. (why is this in spoilers?)

The best cinematography one is it's best shot,i don't see how Depp and the "2 gay cowboys" getting noms means SR should though:confused:

**** them, they USED to give worth awards....but, now they're just being ***** about it.

I don't think it should get a nod for cinematography...just wasn't very impressive in that sense.

The Incredible Hulk said:
"original" score? :confused:

The score was a Nominee in 1978.When it was Original.:up:
SR is remixed & re- Scored :down for the 06.

Well, if "It's hard out here for a pimp" can win.....I think this film's score can too.

Besides.....didn't EVERYONE want the score back to begin with??????????

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Well, if "It's hard out here for a pimp" can win.....with??????????

The score fit Hollywood stereo type. Hollywood only honor black films & movies that have pimps,hoes, Black on Black crime and Black women in sex scenes with white lead actors.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Besides.....didn't EVERYONE want the score back to begin with??????????

Smallville played some of the score in season 2 with C.Reeve.
Fans loved it :up:. Singer copyed that ideal too!

sag002 said:
ya, comic book movies never get any recognition. i hope this one does. (why is this in spoilers?)
The Spoilers Section is for ANYTHING that has to do with the film. And the SPOILER FREE section is for ANYTHING WITHOUT SPOILERS having to do with the film. The Spoiler Forum is the MAIN forum.

If you're going to question people, and try to moderate them yourself, atleast know the drill.

-R

kal-el2006 said:

thats what his nominations..so i ask..what nominations do you see for this movie?
if 2 gay cowboys can be nominated for best picture i dont see why not...if deep can be nominated for best actor for pirates i dont see why not...i wish hollywood stop skipping good comic book movies in general..so..what do yall think?

It won't win for Best Acievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score because most of the score was not original. It was based on John Williams score from the first Superman movie. I doubt it wins for Art Direction or Cinematography as well since the academy typically doesn't take action/adventure or fantasy films seriously. That's why Lord Of The Rings was such a shocker when it won best picture a few years ago. The "gay cowboy" movie as you put it is the type of message film the academy loves, whether right or wrong (not referring to the gay part, but to the fact that right or wrong, the academy only takes "message' or politically correct films seriously...but to quote Seinfeld, "Not that there's anything wrong with that"). Your first three noms are more likely.

kal-el2006 said:

First of all what makes you say the movie is a "lock"? Did the director behind the Oscars call you and tell you what nominations were made?

Also, "if to gay cowboys can be nominated" sounds a bit harsh...Real harsh. More like Bashing. Like it "shouldnt" have been nominated because of it's subject matter.

This world needs to have a 40 days and 40 nights of flame. Seriously. Clense the hatred.

But anyway I severely doubt Superman will get nominated for anything but visual effects. Anything else is a reach and a stretch. Honestly.

i said its a lock cause there is no way superman will not get nominated for sound and special effects. that better for you?

kal-el2006 said:

i think SR has a good chance of being nominated for all those categories except for Orginal score (was there even a track on SR that was ALL original?). winning though is a completely different matter. i'll have to see which are the other films competing against it.

Excel said:
i said its a lock cause there is no way superman will not get nominated for sound and special effects. that better for you?
Wow. Get this man a Crespin Houdini Turban...He's a psychic.

Anyway, stop reaching. Stop. :o :down

It might be nominated for FX, but I don't think it will win. Davy Jones in POTC is amazing.

not "best scropt" or "best adaptation"
for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"