85th Annual Academy Awards (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I really do not understand the Academy. The Impossible was absolutely amazing film, that deserved nominations for Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Film Editing, Supporting Actor for tom Holland, Best Director and Best Picture. Why are those films always overlooked.

How...how is Alan Arkin Best in Argo? He is just Alan Arkin, he did nothing special with that role, but just because it's him and its Arho they gave him a nomination. Stupid.

Tom Holland in my opinion is the best Supporting performance of the year.

I agree about Alan Arkin. He wasn't even the best supporting actor in he movie. John Goodman was.

LOL, I seem to forget to mention it. It deserved the nomination even more after I found out that most of the tsunami is not Visual effect, but all special effects. Oh, and Original Score. The second best of the year after Life of Pi.

I know this film deals with gravely serious subject matter, but I can't help but think that miniature pooldeck is absolutely adorable. :) Like a vacation resort for lawn gnomes, ha ha.

NVCmN.gif

jZnYI.gif

C8qKr.gif

Saw Django yesterday. Boo on them for snubbing Leo and Sam.

Giving best Supporting Actress to Seyfried over Barks? I loved Seyfried but Samantha is the other star of Les Mis (the first one being You-Know-Who)

One of the big things is how Argo got snubbed or Affleck but if it were to win Best picture wouldent that be a huge thing for his career to¿ I mean he would have a movie that won best picture.

That's why I'm hoping the awards are spread out this year. Hopefull Lincoln won't sweep the Oscars.

Giving best Supporting Actress to Seyfried over Barks? I loved Seyfried but Samantha is the other star of Les Mis (the first one being You-Know-Who)

Me too. I voted for Barks but the others seemed not to like her all that much. Plus I was pushing Suraj Shrama of Life of Pi, but at the end he didn't make the cut also.

Spread out Oscars ftw and Leo´s always so good in movies its not a big deal to anyone lol he nailed a role what a suprise.(I loved him and Sam in Django.)

Lolz, it's like after this snub he's like "WELL, I GIVE UP!"

He'll probably just take a year or two. I expect to see something from him at around 2015 or 2016 at the latest.

So I saw Silver Linings and Zero Dark today, both were good but Argo was better than both. I'm seeing Lincoln and Les Mis next weekend or Lincoln and Django. This is the best way to view movies really.

If Leo's taking a break just because he's not getting Oscar love (and I'm sure that's not why), then I don't look at him as a real actor anyway. :o

i hope naomi watts wins oscar jen is only 22 and chastain is also very young at 35 came out in the big leagues like only 2 years ago while naomi has been acting for over 25 years is 44 and i hear she is amazing in the impossible

jessica and jen got thier 2 oscar noms rather quickly they will have their time to shine again

If the nine year old wins I suspect your tune will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"