Battle Angel

Motorball was demonstrated months ago. I don't see it as something desperate.

Maybe they needed to add humor to promo videos. If there's any in the film. That's what attracts people these days.

Nothing, it's just been something the cool kids have been doing. :o

16d56170e7f36cab5e3b5888de9f7b11.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Keean Johnson somehow looks more fake than the CGI Alita?

I need to see the film first. I hope it will make me forget about her bizarre look.

The 'bizarre look' as you put it is the point tho. Her facial attributes are different because she is different.

But I understand your trepidation. Serkis tried a different approach in Mowgli where he superimposed the faces of the actors doing the performance capture onto the animal faces. But it probably didn't work out very well as it did have an uncanny effect to it so I see where you're coming from regarding the complaints about Alita's look.

Is this gonna be in 3D? Them eyes bulging out at ya.

This actually looks good and i want this to do great

It already looks better than Hellboy, plus i dont want this to bomb like Mortal Engines, this one deserves better

The 'bizarre look' as you put it is the point tho. Her facial attributes are different because she is different.

But I understand your trepidation. Serkis tried a different approach in Mowgli where he tried superimpose the faces of the actors doing the performance capture onto the animal faces. But it probably didn't work out very well as it did have an uncanny effect to it so I see where you're coming from regarding the complaints about Alita's look.

lol there's so many bizarre aspect about this whole anime adaptation that Alita's eyes is way down on my list.

I mean how much of the anime is still in this film? How much liberties have Cameron and Rodriguez taken in putting this out for release?

There's already so many legit questions about this film--that when it comes to the way the character looks I essentially say "If you've seen the newest promos and still aren't on board with this character... then skip it... no need to subject yourself to something you'll just constantly be annoyed with throughout the theatrical showing."

Wait until the reviews or word of mouth gets to ya.

Is this gonna be in 3D?

Of course.

Also, Big Jim and his team is asking exhibitors to strictly adhere to a high standard of brightness/luminance for 3D screens. Probably to test the waters before Avatar 2.

That's the whole idea with Alita's CGI. She's supposed to look real, lol.
lol. I dunno, I can see a future where the Japanese will construct an awful amalgam of Anime and Real Life Doll. The film's depiction probably isn't that far off between the two.

I'm pretty sure there can be some rationale to a dick sticking out of someone's forehead, it doesn't make it more appealing. So far it looks distracting in my case. My friends saw and said "kill it with fire". So, impressions vary. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"