Battle Angel

The literal concept of this is that everyone sees a cute looking robot and suspects nothing else.
All the other examples in fiction, this big eye look is supposed to be that homogeneous.
She's an outcast for being babied by Christoph Waltz's character and for being so different compared to all these other cyborgs.
She figures she's some sort of killing machine and wants to pursue that.
She's not cute. She's off putting and creepy to the point the movie ran from the December release date. It's like you are ignoring that bit completely. The eyes don't make her look harmless or innocent. They make her look odd and out of place, simple drawing attention from everything else in the movie. It's illogical. :funny:

She's not cute. She's off putting and creepy to the point the movie ran from the December release date. It's like you are ignoring that bit completely. :funny:

And again, giving her the anime eyes, while no one else has anime eyes, makes no sense. They are just odd and stand out, in a bad way.
They are odd and she's supposed to stand out. That's the point of the source material; a non-threatening doll/angel/kid/what-have-you with an unsuspecting pension for violence.
This movie based on an obscure property would've been annihilated in this crowded December month.

I'm not totally sold on the Alita visuals, but the film does look remarkably faithful to the manga and anime. That's one reason I want to see this. Even the dialogue is remarkably similar to the anime version.

I don't see the problem with the eyes; it's not as if there aren't other elements at play here. When we've a film about cyborgs and flying cars, people are overly bothered about the eye size of a particular cyborg? Okay then...

I saw the actress presenting at the Video Game awards the other week. The character looks more or less like her. What I don't get is, why not just use her and add CGI elements when needed? You've got a CG character that looks more or less like the actress in the mo-cap suit, why not just use her as she is and add effects in post?

I can understand the desire to make her look like a fully animated doll, but they did more damage than good. Instead of "angelic", she looks bizarre and even off-putting to some people. What adds to the effect is that there are other cyborgs, that have normal human faces.

I can understand the desire to make her look like a fully animated doll, but they did more damage than good. Instead of "angelic", she looks bizarre and even off-putting to some people. What adds to the effect is that there are other cyborgs, that have normal human faces.
I'm actually surprised some of the cyborgs aren't more monstrous looking
This dude for example:
maxresdefault.jpg

looks like this in the comics:
makaku.jpg

then again Christoph Waltz's character:
166155.jpg

like with Eiza Gonzalez, I'm guessing most of them are just going to be imposing through some body reveal.

Alita is supposed to be another type of cyborg or robot. The other cyborgs are just people with enhancements . Hence why she looks the way she does, she was never fully human.

I don't really expect it to be a bad movie per se, but I do expect some people to not really get it.

Hmmm... Interesting. I still wanted to watch it, but if it's truly great...

I want one of those one wheel motorcycles!

It probably made more sense to release it next month so it won't get lost in a shuffle.

It probably made more sense to release it next month so it won't get lost in a shuffle.

Especially with how the christmas releases turned out. It would have gotten absolutely buried.

So far I've seen nothing but positive reactions for this. What is happening, the trailers made the movie look terrible.

Not surprised by the positive reviews. I had a feeling it would be. I am skeptical about the box office, however I also think this will be a word-of-mouth kind of film.

It gave me doubts too with those trailers although the latest one was better, I still feel a bit relieved that reviews are good so far. With this kind of movie it usually flops although Cameron and Rodriguez are two people who could pull it off if anyone can.

Every time people bet against Cameron, they lose. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"