Battle of the Cartoons (Simpsons & South Park vs. Family Guy)

ok fine futurama can have #59 but that means american dad goes to 348

Odin's Lapdog said:
they all suck donkey balls, using the idea that animation is for children then spinning it on its head to get cheap laughs...

the adult themed manga societies of this world would bow their head at shame at the cheap tricks being used to make people laugh...

:(

bah

In my opinion Manga/Anime is crap, the only reason why there are adult themed cartoons in Japan is because that is their only form of entertainment because their music and movies suck (except for Battle Royale but that was a spin off of a book that turned into a manga that then turned into a movie).

X-Punisher said:
In my opinion Manga/Anime is crap, the only reason why there are adult themed cartoons in Japan is because that is their only form of entertainment because their music and movies suck (except for Battle Royale but that was a spin off of a book that turned into a manga that then turned into a movie).

Watch some movies by a director called Akira Kurosawa.

the_ultimate_evil said:
cant pick i love them all, though havent seen much of american dad its not really shown much in the uk

i knew the family guy/futurama joke but never notced the homer one

i know peter has made at least 2 cameos on the simpsons

Actually the Futurerama dis was more towards Entertainment Weekly because they gave Family Guy a bad review. Thats why Stewie snaped his neck.

Ronny Shade said:
If Futurama is 99 all these other shows are 112.

Yes and American Dad would be in the 1,000s....

X-Punisher said:
Japan has plenty of good movies.

Addendum said:
Family Ties was about Elyse and Steven Keaton. Elyse was a very successful architect and Steven ran a public television station; both were former flower children. They lived in Columbus, Ohio with their three children: Alex Keaton, Mallory Keaton, and Jennifer Keaton.

Growing Pains was about the Seaver family. Dr. Jason Seaver, a psychiatrist who works from home because his wife, Maggie, has gone back to work as a reporter. Jason has to take care of his kids: 15-year-old troublemaker Mike, 14-year-old honors student Carol, and rambunctious 9-year-old Ben.

Damn, you're right. Growing Pains is a ripoff. Excellent point. :rolleyes:

LOL, the fact that YOU can't see it was a ripoff (ot the point where they had ONE identical episode in which their house gets broken into) and that Growing Pains came 3 years AFTER family ties, not to mention that you pretty much (conveniently) skipped over descriptions of the Keaton Children.

honors student Alex Keaton

troublemaker (more like Airheaded but close enough) Mallory Keaton

and rambunctious Jennifer Keaton

LOL :rolleyes: how dare say it was ripped off! the nerve!!!:)

Is it true that in Japan, rap is called, 'Black and Dance'???

Mr Sparkle said:
I think family guy is AWARE of it's unoriginality, and thus unusually defensive, south park and Simpsons have no rivalry as near as I can figure.

The only similarity I see between The Simpsons and Family Guy is that the dads are both idiots and they both have dogs. Other than that I don't see anything else.

X-Punisher said:

BUT THEIR GAMES PWN... :up:

X-Punisher said:
The only similarity I see between The Simpsons and Family Guy is that the dads are both idiots and they both have dogs. Other than that I don't see anything else.

when it started Family guy was pretty much a dead ringer short of stewie (who by all comparisons was like maggie + mr. burns) it's exactly the same structure as the simpsons, with Brian filling in for Lisa as observer of the family's idiocy. I mean, American dad is "similar" to family guy, is it not (or should I say "was" YAY!)

Mr Sparkle said:
LOL, the fact that YOU can't see it was a ripoff (ot the point where they had ONE identical episode in which their house gets broken into) and that Growing Pains came 3 years AFTER family ties, not to mention that you pretty much (conveniently) skipped over descriptions of the Keaton Children.

honors student Alex Keaton

troublemaker (more like Airheaded but close enough) Mallory Keaton

and rambunctious Jennifer Keaton

LOL :rolleyes: how dare say it was ripped off! the nerve!!!:)

Alex Keaton was a young Republican. When was Mike Seaver shown that way?

Mallory Keaton was your typical teenage girl from the 80's that hung out at the mall and bought into all the fads. When was Carol Seaver shown that way?

As for Jennifer Keaton and Ben Seaver- They're rambuctious because they're 8 or 9 years old!!! Holy ****!! That's ripping off each other, or it's because 8 or 9 year olds are RAMBUCTIOUS.

The majority of Family Ties' humor is derived from the tension between Alex's conservative, Republican mindset, Mallory's uninformed consumerism, and their parents' attitudes as liberal Democrats.

Growing Pains had it's humor derive from the Stay-at-home Dad, Dr. Seaver, dealing with the kids, while Maggie Seaver was the working mom.

Please try again.

Addendum said:
Alex Keaton was a young Republican. When was Mike Seaver shown that way?

Mallory Keaton was your typical teenage girl from the 80's that hung out at the mall and bought into all the fads. When was Carol Seaver shown that way?

As for Jennifer Keaton and Ben Seaver- They're rambuctious because they're 8 or 9 years old!!! Holy ****!! That's ripping off each other, or it's because 8 or 9 year olds are RAMBUCTIOUS.

The majority of Family Ties' humor is derived from the tension between Alex's conservative, Republican mindset, Mallory's uninformed consumerism, and their parents' attitudes as liberal Democrats.

Growing Pains had it's humor derive from the Stay-at-home Dad, Dr. Seaver, dealing with the kids, while Maggie Seaver was the working mom.

Please try again.

LOL, that's a very dumb point to make, of course they had differences! that DOESN'T mean it wasn't ripped off, for god sakes! family ties humor DID NOT come from "the tension between Alex's conservative, Republican mindset, Mallory's uninformed consumerism, and their parents' attitudes as liberal Democrats." In the least, you either didn't watch the show, or haven't watched with attention, the root of BOTH was dealing with 3 kids, in which both the parent's at one time or another stayed at home, both moms went to work and left dad in charge at one time, and viceversa.

I don't know if you're like pulling definitions from the web or something, but I just told you they had an IDENTICAL episode, and MANY similar ones, yet growing pains came 3YEARS after!.

LOL, please try again? sure buddy. sure :rolleyes:

Mr Sparkle said:
LOL, that's a very dumb point to make, of course they had differences! that DOESN'T mean it wasn't ripped off, for god sakes! family ties humor DID NOT come from "the tension between Alex's conservative, Republican mindset, Mallory's uninformed consumerism, and their parents' attitudes as liberal Democrats." In the least, you either didn't watch the show, or haven't watched with attention, the root of BOTH was dealing with 3 kids, in which both the parent's at one time or another stayed at home, both moms went to work and left dad in charge at one time, and viceversa.

I don't know if you're like pulling definitions from the web or something, but I just told you they had an IDENTICAL episode, and MANY similar ones, yet growing pains came 3YEARS after!.

LOL, please try again? sure buddy. sure :rolleyes:

You never watched either of these shows.

The mellow 1960s clashed with the conservative 1980s in this generation-gap comedy, which in some ways reflected America's changing values in the Reagan area. President Reagan, in fact, called Family Ties his favorite show. It was set it middle America--Columbus, Ohio--where one-time flower children Elyse and Steve Keaton still espoused the liberal values of the idealistic '60s, although they were now parents and professionals (she an architect, he the manager of public TV station WKS-TV). Their children's ideals were something else. Seventeen-year-old Alex was Mr. Conservative, habitually dressed in suit and tie and with a picture of William F. Buckley, Jr., over his bed. Mallory, 15, was into designer jeans, boys, and drunk food, while cute little Jennifer, 9, just wanted to be a kid. They were a loving family, though the kids never could understand those Bob Dylan records their parents kept playing.

Growing Pains was about a family of five, the Seavers, who lived on Long Island, New York. Jason Seaver was the father, a psychiatrist, who had his practice at home. (From the 1st to the 5th season) Maggie, his wife, was a journalist who worked for the Long Island newspaper in the first three seasons of the sitcom. She got a job as the news anchor for channel 19 news and worked there through the middle of the 5th season when she decided to stay at home. Jason moved his practice out of the house to an office. During the last seasons, she worked at home writing a consumer awareness column for the local newspaper. Together, Maggie and Jason raised four children. They often worried about "who would stay home with the baby" or would "be there for the kids" and the responsibility was often juggled, even fought over, between the two parents but eventually settled. The oldest of the four children was Mike. A dare-devil yet charming, Mike helped Growing Pains ratings shoot sky high and quickly became the 80's pin up boy appearing on cover after cover of teen magazines. The 2nd oldest was Carol. Carol was the complete opposite of Mike. She was a straight "A" student, (a "nerd" according to her brothers), struggling with social obstacles at school, just like most teenage girls. From wanting a nose job, to dealing with the death of her boyfriend, (Sandy, played by Matthew Perry) to tolerating her roommate at Columbia University, Carol added a lot of comedy as well as a serious side to the show. Next was little Ben. Ben was a clever "con-artist" in the beginning and a little more nieve during his teen years, sometimes being his brother's sidekick and other times his worst nightmare.

Mr Sparkle said:
when it started Family guy was pretty much a dead ringer short of stewie (who by all comparisons was like maggie + mr. burns) it's exactly the same structure as the simpsons, with Brian filling in for Lisa as observer of the family's idiocy. I mean, American dad is "similar" to family guy, is it not (or should I say "was" YAY!)

In the words of General Disarray: "SIMPSONS DID IT!!!" It is really tough to find a show that has no simularities to the Simpsons.

Mr Sparkle said:

That'd be the basic make up for any family based cartoon to be shown on prime time television. The animated formula's just derived from the actual television series with actual human beings. Being first doesn't qualify you as being the best, nor does the newest 'in' thing. I think it's a bad point to argue from.

Addendum said:
You never watched either of these shows.

The mellow 1960s clashed with the conservative 1980s in this generation-gap comedy, which in some ways reflected America's changing values in the Reagan area. President Reagan, in fact, called Family Ties his favorite show. It was set it middle America--Columbus, Ohio--where one-time flower children Elyse and Steve Keaton still espoused the liberal values of the idealistic '60s, although they were now parents and professionals (she an architect, he the manager of public TV station WKS-TV). Their children's ideals were something else. Seventeen-year-old Alex was Mr. Conservative, habitually dressed in suit and tie and with a picture of William F. Buckley, Jr., over his bed. Mallory, 15, was into designer jeans, boys, and drunk food, while cute little Jennifer, 9, just wanted to be a kid. They were a loving family, though the kids never could understand those Bob Dylan records their parents kept playing.

Growing Pains was about a family of five, the Seavers, who lived on Long Island, New York. Jason Seaver was the father, a psychiatrist, who had his practice at home. (From the 1st to the 5th season) Maggie, his wife, was a journalist who worked for the Long Island newspaper in the first three seasons of the sitcom. She got a job as the news anchor for channel 19 news and worked there through the middle of the 5th season when she decided to stay at home. Jason moved his practice out of the house to an office. During the last seasons, she worked at home writing a consumer awareness column for the local newspaper. Together, Maggie and Jason raised four children. They often worried about "who would stay home with the baby" or would "be there for the kids" and the responsibility was often juggled, even fought over, between the two parents but eventually settled. The oldest of the four children was Mike. A dare-devil yet charming, Mike helped Growing Pains ratings shoot sky high and quickly became the 80's pin up boy appearing on cover after cover of teen magazines. The 2nd oldest was Carol. Carol was the complete opposite of Mike. She was a straight "A" student, (a "nerd" according to her brothers), struggling with social obstacles at school, just like most teenage girls. From wanting a nose job, to dealing with the death of her boyfriend, (Sandy, played by Matthew Perry) to tolerating her roommate at Columbia University, Carol added a lot of comedy as well as a serious side to the show. Next was little Ben. Ben was a clever "con-artist" in the beginning and a little more nieve during his teen years, sometimes being his brother's sidekick and other times his worst nightmare.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regardless of how many web-definitions you post I DID WATCH BOTH SHOWS, in fact I watched family ties RELIGIOUSLY! Alex P. Keaton was my hero! and I had the biggest crush on mallory EVER in the world.

sorry, but "try again" "rolleyes"

Mr Sparkle said:
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regardless of how many web-definitions you post I DID WATCH BOTH SHOWS, in fact I watched family ties RELIGIOUSLY! Alex P. Keaton was my hero! and had the biggest crush on mallory EVER in the world.

sorry, but "try again" "rolleyes"

you're kind of an ash. :up:

Genesis 1.0 said:
That'd be the basic make up for any family based cartoon to be shown on prime time television. The animated formula's just derived from the actual television series with actual human beings. Being first doesn't qualify you as being the best, nor does the newest 'in' thing. I think it's a bad point to argue from.

Not really, actually, not as obviously. I'm not arguing that "every" show after the simpsons involving families ripped it off, just family guy.

which did.

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"