Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, Ben Affleck will reprise his role as Batman in the upcoming Justice League Film.

Welcome to the official Batman thread.
10799583_10153344540375884_1746934531_n.jpg

10749182_10153344538825884_414544317_n.jpg

Methinks you're reading way too much into what Jekecy said.

Methinks you're reading way into what Jekecy is saying.

Maybe so, but one thing's for certain is that however this film turns out, Affleck will be fine.

He isn't the first great director to make a bad movie in his filmography, and he certainly won't be the last. His career isn't going down the toilet, which is something Jekecy seemed to be implying, even if unintentionally.

Maybe so, but one thing's for certain is that however this film turns out, Affleck will be fine.

He isn't the first great director to make a bad movie in his filmography, and he certainly won't be the last. His career isn't going down the toilet, which is something Jekecy seemed to be implying, even if unintentionally.
That was entirely your (bizarre) reading. All I've reaffirmed is its people's tendency to focus more on a latter project than their overall swath of work. There's going to be a lot of eyes on Affleck's latest effort, most especially as he's gearing up for Batman sooner than later.

How it is received is absolutely going to bleed over to the prospects of the DCEU almost exclusively, effectively canceling out his prior works. Between him and Wan, they're the last bastion of goodwill WB has in the near future.

Great. Now the one of the positive reviewers is saying that she drank to much wine before watching Live By Night. Clearly backpedalling after her fellow critics are ****ting on the movie.

If she enjoyed the movie and was loaded up on wine, sees the thing again completely sober and gives it a crap review, that's just not cool

State your opinion and stick with it, don't be a coward

Loved how Faraci initially stated he liked MOS and praised Zack a lot for it, but when the other reviews started coming in, completely flipped on it.

Great. Now the one of the positive reviewers is saying that she drank to much wine before watching Live By Night. Clearly backpedalling after her fellow critics are ****ting on the movie.

Well, the context is a bit confusing there. The request was for film critics to name a film they would be willing to give a second chance, which is essentially another opportunity to be shown in a better light.

As such, this Sasha person was just saying that the film in question deserved to be seen at a time when her judgment wasn't impaired by alcohol (which is fair). Unless she went on to excoriate it in a follow-up tweet, my sense is that her opinion hasn't really changed.

Umm, how does that mean that she'll see it in a negative light now?

Maybe she'll give it a second chance because she wants to watch it sober and with complete attention to it? It doesn't necessarily mean she'll think it's bad since we have no indication that's what her review will be (for now).

Benal taking a bath with candles while hoping for Live By Night to fail.

So is this the part where Batfans start needlessly panicking?

I don't know, is this the part where some people start fishing for negativity where little to none exist as of yet?

Benal taking a bath with candles while hoping for Live By Night to fail.

Actually, no. Happen to be following this awards season, so came across some insight about Live By Night. Came here, saw this forum pretty much dead, and.. Shared.

I wouldn't call one negative tweet "insight", per say.

Sure this is coming from the guy who was right about how BvS and Suicide Squad would be received, and he could very well be right about this (doubt it will be one of this year's worst movies still), but he could also be wrong.

Or just have an unpopular opinion, who knows. *shrugs*

As impressive as it is to watch Superman flying, Flash running at superspeed and rest of those heightened abilities being depicted in these films, thanks Todd for street-level "superheroes" that bring this lovely brutality with them:

[YT]s9e-XIegzpg[/YT]

[YT]qGiG3XmuIrM[/YT]

Nothing beats the well-choreographed hand-to-hand combat to me.

As impressive as it is to watch Superman flying, Flash running at superspeed and rest of those heightened abilities being depicted in these films, thanks Todd for street-level "superheroes" that bring this lovely brutality with them:

[YT]s9e-XIegzpg[/YT]

[YT]qGiG3XmuIrM[/YT]

Nothing beats the well-choreographed hand-to-hand combat to me.
Best scene of 2016 in my opinion.

All the powers in BvS are good even the lack of powers with Batman. But for me nothing beats Superman's sonic booms.
Was the whse a combination of Ben and his stunt double or just his double?

All the powers in BvS are good even the lack of powers with Batman. But for me nothing beats Superman's sonic booms.
Was the whse a combination of Ben and his stunt double or just his double?

Combination.

Harloff from Collider saw Live By Night and he was "Bummed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"